- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony bonds with Nova and Bethany.
Tony was sitting in the middle of the floor when Gibbs returned wearing a pink feather boa around his neck and a plastic bejeweled crown that was much too small for his head. The girls had on dresses and high heels over their clothes and were serving him and the sorted stuffed animals sitting at a child-sized table tea from a plastic play tea set.

Gibbs had to bite his lip to keep from laughing out loud at the sight. He, instead, smiled broadly, thinking about similar tea parties he had had with Kelly.

“The girls said I was not properly attired to have tea with the queen.” Tony said, justifying his current costume. He gestured to the biggest teddy bear in the room. She was sitting at the table, wearing a pink dress, and she had a crown on her head also.

“Ducky?” Tony asked, wanting to know if the bodies had all been removed and the scene cleared as much as possible.

Gibbs nodded. “They should be here in about 30 minutes.” Gibbs said, speaking of social services.

“But...it’s Christmas.” Tony pleaded.

“What can we do, DiNozzo?” Gibbs asked, shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders.

Tony nodded and sighed. By this time Bethany had decided to sit in his lap also.

Just then Tony heard Kate call his name. He turned in response, forgetting he was still wearing the crown and boa. Two flashes went off. They were from Kate’s and Tim’s cameras. He then heard something about a posting on Utube.

“McProbie, Katie you’re both…” Tony was going to say ‘dead’…but given the situation…. “I’ll…” He was going to say ‘kill you,’ but again thought better of it. “I’ll TALK to you both back at the office.” He finally said.

Kate and Tim nodded and smiled. Finally glad to have something on Tony. He heard Gibbs laughing, too, just outside the door and figured that the three of them were looking at the pictures.

When Kate and Tim had been realized that there were children in the house, they had tried their best to make the both crime scene areas look as normal as possible. But the problem with blood IS that it splatters. They had bagged the bedding for Abby. They had then covered the blood-stained mattress with a blanket in case the girls came into the room. They then tried to clean the floor in the living room where the husband had fallen after he had shot himself. They then decided the best course of action was to cover the area with a rug.

“OK girls,” Tony said taking off his boa and crown and standing up. “It’s time to go.”

Nova and Bethany got up off his lap to let him stand.

“Mama, is ‘posed to come and tuck us in. I want Mama.” Nova said as Tony bent to pick her up.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you like the opening scene here. I could just picture it and it was absolutely hilarious.