- Text Size +
Story Notes:
this popped into my head one day at work.the ending isnt what i first thought up, but here it is anyway.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Scars are little reminders of our past.
Kate stared at the half naked man beside her sleeping peacefully. They had been doing this for years, but still it surprised her how much she loved him. Loved his eyes and the way they looked her up and down, loved his lips and how they felt on her skin, loved his hair and how it felt running through her fingers. The thing that surprised both of them was how much she loved his scar ridden body. From the scar on his right arm from shielding her from a grenade on Columbia, small round scar on the left side of his chest when Ari shot him in Autopsy and the small, thin, almost invisible scar on his finger from when he had to shoot Michelle Lee. She especially loved the ones from when he was a marine as it was the only thing left of his past. She reached out and with a gentle hand traced his scars. When she came to the one on his chest she stopped as memories of that horrible day flooded her mind.
“ Stop” she heard him say. She felt his hand on top of hers and when her eyes finally made their way to his face she was met with sad eyes.
“ I can’t help it” she says in a low voice.
“ Well you need to stop” his voice almost pleading. Her eyes went back to where their hands were settled.
“ It’s my fault it’s there” she said. He really hated how she still blamed herself for what happened all those years ago. He sat up, making her look at him again. He cupped her face in his hands and starred into her big chocolate eyes.
“ I don’t blame you for what happened, so you need to stop blaming yourself” he said in his most serious tone. She nodded, then grabbed one of his hands and moved it over her naked body until she stopped just under her belly button and he felt the tight skin of her own scar.
“ And I don’t blame you for this” she said in a soft tone. Gibbs felt his throat tighten and the sickening feeling return in his stomach. His nightmares of that day were finally gone, but his guilt wasn’t.
8 months ago they were out on a stakeout. Kate was already 3 months pregnant and insisted that she come as “it’s only a stake. What harm could it do”. Well when Kate stepped out into the hallway and came face to face with their suspect, before she had a chance to grab her weapon, he had fired, hitting her in the stomach.
Gibbs shook his head to get rid of the horrible memory. He looked into her eyes and saw all the love she has for him, even after he got their unborn child killed. Kate still saw the look of guilt on his face. She brought her hand to his face.
“ You didn’t kill our baby, he did. I never once blamed you for what happened. I blame myself more” she started to explain. Gibbs hated that she had blamed herself. He leaned in and kissed her to stop her from continuing her rambling. He pushed her back down onto the bed, running his hands over her naked body, making them forget about everything that is horrible in the world. He stopped hi kisses to look down at her now smiling face.
“ I want to try again” he told her seriously. She doesn’t have to ask, she know what he wants and she wants the same thing. She nods.
“ Ok”.
“ Ok?” he asked, a little confused by her lack of enthusiasm. She nods again. I want to try again as well”. He smiled at her.
“ Good” then started his attack on her mouth again.
Chapter End Notes:
this popped into my head one day at work.the ending isnt what i first thought up, but here it is anyway.