- Text Size +
"Amnesia?" Kate asked. She could hear the squad room, it was practically buzzing with the news, ever since Gibbs had called.

Tim nodded. "How could Tony not be...Tony?"

"He'll be fine, Tim, he'll remember. We'll get him back." Kate said, reassuring him. But she flashed back to The scene, to Tony lying at the base of the stairs. Blood pouring from his head wound. She remembered that no matter what she had said, what she had done, he had not opened his eyes.

Abby came bounding up the stairs. "Amnesia, he can't have amnesia Kate. He can't, Tim. There is no way. He didn't remember Gibbs! He didn't remember Ducky! Unbelievable!!"

Kate shook her head. "He didn't. Ducky showed him his own ID. He didn't recognize the photo."

"So, what is going to happen now?" Abby asked wringing her hands. "I mean...."

Kate nodded. "Gibbs said they were going to keep him overnight. But it could be for longer than that."

"Tony is not going to like that." Tim retorted.

"He hasn't complained about it yet." Kate said, she was shocked when Gibbs first told her.

"Really!" Abby asked, shocked. "He may have to stay DAYS in the hospital and he hasn't complained?"

Kate shook her head. "Not from what Gibbs said."

"I need Bert!" Abby said looking around, forgetting she was not in her lab. "Where's Bert?"

"We can go see him right?" Abby asked. She was already heading for the elevator to go get her purse and coat.

"Abby, I...." Kate was about to say 'I don't know' when her phone rang. She snatched it up.

"Hello, Ducky."

Tim stared and Abby came back. They both stood listening to Kate's part of the conversation.

"Okay." Kate said, nodding.

"Okay." Kate said, again.

"We will. He's...he's going to be Okay isn't he?" Kate listened for a moment after she asked her question and nodded again. She then hang up.

Kate sighed. "Tony has a severe concussion. There is swelling on his brain and he has a hairline skull fracture. He is going to stay for at least 3 days. And he is not complaining about it." Kate shook her head. "We can go and see him tomorrow."

TBC