- Text Size +
Chapter 5 - A Team Effort: The Funeral

Gibbs sat in a pew close to the front of the church with the rest of his team while they attended the director’s funeral. There was no way around it; he’d tried everything he could think of, but they had to attend the funeral by order of the SecNav.

He glanced at the rest of his team, as the minister droned on and on and on about what a great man Leon Vance had been. His team didn’t seem impressed at all. Sometimes he thought he was the monitor of an elementary school playground. The only members of his team sitting quietly were Ducky and Jimmy. Ziva seemed to be trying hard not to laugh, McGee was tugging on one of Abby’s pigtails and Abby was threatening to hit McGee with her parasol.

And Tony, well Tony was fidgeting. There was no other word for it. He was acting like he had ants in his pants.

Gibbs leaned towards his second-in-command and said quietly, “DiNozzo, sit still.”

“I can’t help it, Boss, this is so boring,” Tony whined as he tried to comply. “Besides, my ass is still a little sore from-”

“It’s a funeral, show a little respect,” Gibbs interrupted.

“Show a little respect?” Tony hissed. “The man wanted me dead and was in the process of putting a hit out on me.”

“You do have a point,” Gibbs conceded. “But can you at least pretend to show a little respect?”

“That’s gonna be hard to do, Boss.”

Gibbs leaned closer to Tony and whispered seductively in his ear, “I’ll tell you what, Tony, if you be good for the rest of the funeral, later on when we’re at the director’s house, we’ll find a place where we can be alone, and I’ll let you suck me off.”

“Are you sure, Boss?” Tony whispered, obviously very enthusiastic about that idea.

“I’m sure,” Gibbs promised. “We have to find something to do so the rest of the day isn’t a total waste.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Later, as the team was leaving the graveyard after the burial, Jackie Vance approached Gibbs. He gestured for the rest of the team to go ahead without him and stopped to talk with her.

“Thank you, Agent Gibbs,” Jackie said as she shook his hand. “I’m very grateful for what you did.”

“For coming to the funeral?” Gibbs asked. “It’s the least I could do. After all, he was the director. Besides, the SecNav ordered me to be here.”

“I’m not thanking you for coming to the funeral,” Jackie stated.

“Then what are you thanking me for?” Gibbs’ inquiring mind wanted to know.

“Ever since Leon became director of NCIS, he’s been on a major power trip,” Jackie replied softly. “That was fine when he was at work, but he was starting to act like that at home. You saved me the trouble of killing him myself. Frankly, the children and I are ecstatic.”

As Gibbs and Jackie talked, a tall, handsome man approached them. When he reached them, Jackie put her arm through his and said with a smile, “Agent Gibbs, I’d like you to meet my… I mean a close family friend.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Ducky and Jimmy decided to sit for a while after mingling with the rest of the funeral attendees at the home of Leon and Jackie Vance following the funeral.

“Why so quiet, Mr. Palmer?” Ducky asked, having noticed that his young friend seemed to be bothered by something.

“I was just thinking,” Jimmy replied.

“About what?”

“I guess I’m just worried, Doctor.”

“What has you so worried, my boy?”

“What if I’m next on the list?”

“Mr. Palmer, as long as you don’t do anything to upset Anthony, you’ll be fine.”

“Well, I wouldn’t ever do anything on purpose, but what if I do something without meaning to?”

“Don’t worry, my boy, I’ll look after you.”

“Thank you, Dr. Mallard.” Jimmy seemed greatly relieved.

“Is there anything else?”

“I was just wondering why Ziva is still alive.”

“I don’t understand what you mean.”

“Well, do you remember when she had that dinner party and invited everyone but Tony?”

“I can assure you, Mr. Palmer, she didn’t escape that little debacle unscathed.”

“What happened?”

“Well, Jethro, as you young people would say, ‘tore her a new one’, threatened to kick her all the way back to Israel and made her write ‘I will never have a dinner party and invite everyone but Tony ever again’, one thousand times.”

“That’s harsh,” Jimmy said with a shudder.

XXXXXXXXXX

McGee, Abby and Ziva were gathered together in the corner of the living room at the former director’s home after the funeral. They were tired of making small talk with people who had actually liked their former director.

“Who is that good looking man with Mrs. Vance?” Ziva asked.

“Well, I heard her say he’s a ‘close family friend’,” Abby answered. “But I think he’s her date.”

“She brought a date to her husband’s funeral?” McGee asked incredulously.

“What’s wrong with that?” Abby asked, obviously seeing nothing wrong with the new widow’s behavior.

“Never mind,” McGee answered.

“I haven’t seen the children around,” Ziva commented. “I wonder where they are.”

“I heard they had somewhere else they’d rather to be,” Abby said.

“What could be more important than attending their father’s funeral?” McGee asked.

“Well, McGee,” Abby said. “If you were a kid and you had a choice between going to a funeral and going to Disney Land, where would you rather be?”

“I see your point,” McGee answered.

XXXXXXXXXX

Gibbs managed to escape the clutches of several of the ‘mourners’ and was finally able to meet Tony in the master bathroom. He closed and locked the door behind him and turned around. “What are you doing, DiNozzo?”

Tony stopped stroking the hot tub he’d found in the director’s bathroom and he turned and looked at his boss. “Look, Boss, a Jacuzzi!” He said enthusiastically.

“I can see it’s a Jacuzzi, now get over here and get busy,” Gibbs said as he leaned back against the counter and braced himself with his hands. He knew from previous experience that he’d need the extra support. He loved Tony’s mouth (at least when he wasn’t using it to talk) almost as much as he loved his ass.

Tony walked over to Gibbs and began undoing his boss’ belt buckle. “Do you think we can-”

“DiNozzo, we don’t have time to strip down and get in the Jacuzzi,” Gibbs said impatiently. “And don’t you think you’d have a hard time breathing if you sucked me off with your head under water?”

“Maybe you can build one for your place,” Tony suggested as he unfastened Gibbs’ pants and pushed them down to his knees, freeing his boss’ already hard, leaking cock. “Just think of what we-”

Gibbs interrupted, “I don’t have anywhere to put one, DiNozzo.” Although the idea of fucking Tony in a Jacuzzi was an appealing one, building one at his place wasn’t an option. Short of putting it in the living room, he just didn’t have the room. “C’mon, time’s a wastin’.”

Tony seemed disappointed, but lowered himself to his knees and began to suck on Gibbs’ dick enthusiastically. Actually, he licked, nibbled, nuzzled, and sucked with a talent that Gibbs appreciated a lot, although not quite as much as he appreciated Tony’s ass.

Just when Gibbs thought he couldn’t take any more, Tony began to hum “Anchor’s Away” while Gibbs’ shaft was as deep in his mouth as it could get, and Gibbs blew his load down Tony’s throat.

Once he was able to breathe again, Gibbs leaned down and helped Tony to his feet. He reached for Tony’s cock so he could return the favor.

“That’s all right, Boss,” Tony said as he held up his hand and waved his fingers around. “I’ve already taken care of that with a little help from Rosie Palm and her five sisters.”

“Rosie Palm and her five sisters?”

“Yeah, we used to say that when I was in the military academy. The only action some of the guys could get was from Rosie Palm and her five sisters. That means-”

“I know what it means, DiNozzo!” Gibbs said as he slapped the back of Tony’s head. “C’mon, let’s get presentable and back out there before we’re missed.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Gibbs and Tony had just rejoined the rest of the funeral attendees in the living room following their tryst in the bathroom, and they were talking quietly. Actually, Tony was chewing Gibbs’ ears off about the damn Jacuzzi.

The SecNav approached them and asked, “Can I speak with you alone, Agent Gibbs?”

“Tony, why don’t you go get us a couple of drinks,” Gibbs said to his lover. “And take your time,” He called after his senior field agent as he discretely admired his retreating backside.

Once Tony was gone, the SecNav shook Gibbs’ hand as he said, “I just wanted to congratulate you and your team on a job well done.”

“I’m not sure what you mean, Sir. We haven’t closed the case yet.” Gibbs said as he tried to look like he hadn’t just had his brains sucked out through his dick by his second-in-command. “We’ve been… distracted by the memorial service and funeral.”

The SecNav leaned forward and whispered in Gibbs’ ear, “I told Vance I wanted him to promote DiNozzo because I knew what he’d do, and I knew how you’d react.”

“With all due respect, Sir, what if I hadn’t caught on to what he was planning?” Gibbs asked. “DiNozzo could have been killed.”

“Oh, you underestimate me, Agent Gibbs. Who do you think that so-called hit man really worked for?” The SecNav said as he winked. “Your agent was never in any danger.”

Gibbs grinned and said with admiration, “You’re a sly ol’ dog, aren’t you?”

“Actually, I thought Vance would’ve been gone a long time ago, after he sent DiNozzo afloat.”

“It would’ve been too suspicious so soon after what happened to the previous director, Sir.”

“Just between the two of us, it’s a bitch owing people favors. That’s how we got into this mess in the first place, but I knew you’d come through for me, Gibbs.”

“Happy to be of service, Sir.”

“It’s really bad form to fire someone that you appointed yourself, and let’s just say Vance wasn’t working out any better than his predecessor as director of NCIS. Although, I must say, it took you longer to snap under Shepard than I thought it would.”

Gibbs laughed aloud, not at all offended that he’d been manipulated. “I did try, Sir, but in the end she didn’t give me any other choice.”

“Maybe this time, you’ll take the job when I offer it to you,” The SecNav commented.

Gibbs quickly lost his good humor and became horror stricken, because it seemed he had brought about the very thing he’d been working so hard to prevent; being separated from Tony, and his ass.

The SecNav noticed the look on Gibbs’ face and correctly interpreted it. “Don’t worry,” He said. “We’ll put another desk in the director’s office and DiNozzo can be your personal assistant, boy Friday, whatever you want, and your team will still be available to you to help you out with your ‘ops’. We can’t very well break up the best team at NCIS, now can we?”

“I don’t know, Mr. Secretary, I make a better field agent.” Gibbs was tempted by the offer, given what the previous two directors had done to Tony, but he didn’t want upset the status quo. He liked things the way they were.

“Did you know that the director’s office has an en suite bathroom, complete with a Jacuzzi?” The SecNav asked.

Gibbs’ eyes widened as he thought of all the possibilities, and suddenly, it wasn’t such a difficult decision to make after all. He grasped the SecNav’s hand and shook it as he said enthusiastically, “I think you’ve just found the new director of NCIS, Sir.”