- Text Size +
Tony stilled himself outside interrogation. He took several deep breaths and then pushed open the door.

Inside Gibbs was preparing Edwards for Tony's arrival. "Someone really wants to see you."

At that moment, Tony entered the room. It only took a second for Edwards to fly into a rage. "You're supposed to be dead! You bastard! I went to your funeral!!" Edwards was standing by this time. His face was red and he was yelling.

"Yeah, well, Boss says I have nine lives, must be true." Tony smiled, but there was no humor in his eyes.

"You bastard! You're supposed to be dead!" Edwards repeated.

"You know, Boss," Tony said, looking at Gibbs. "...I think I've heard this tune before."

Edwards collapsed back into the seat. He put his head in his hands. "Damn You!" He said, then beating his fists on the table. Edwards then stood up, he advanced on Tony. Tony had him on height, being 5 inches taller, but Edwards outweighed Tony by about 30 pounds.

Seconds later Tony had Edwards pinned, face first, against the wall. His arm twisted at a strange angle behind him. Tony winced. He had pulled stitches in his shoulder and his wounds were bleeding.

Tony whispered in Edwards' ear. "You try that again and I'll break your arm." Tony leaned in closer, pressing hard against Edwards' shoulder and causing more pain. "And Sharon was not a 'broad.' She was not a 'bitch.' She was somebody's daughter, somebody's sister." Tony let go and stepped back, having made his point.

Edwards then turned and took a swing at Tony. It happened in a flash, Tony had the fingers of his right hand around Edwards throat. Edwards was standing, back to the wall and Tony was squeezing. Edwards was struggling, trying to pry Tony's hands from around his neck. He was having no luck.

"You MURDERED Sharon in cold blood. She had NOTHING to do with this. SHE was not YOUR problem. I WAS." Tony pressed even harder on Edwards' neck.

Gibbs had seen his agent's eyes darken, going from green to black. The changes he saw in Tony's manner terrified him. He had never seen Tony that angry.

"DiNozzo?!" Gibbs said, approaching Tony carefully. Tony tightened his grip on Edwards and Gibbs was beginning to fear for Edwards' life. Gibbs had also noticed the blood on the dress shirt at Tony's right shoulder.

"TONY!" Gibbs said again.

Tony snapped out of it. He blinked and released his grip.

Edwards slide down the wall, still conscious, but gasping for breath and holding his throat.

Tony swayed on his feet, the adrenaline high spent. Gibbs came up behind him, steadying him. Tony looked down at his shoulder and then looked at Gibbs. "I've ruined Ducky's handiwork."

Gibbs held onto Tony until he felt him regain his balance. "I think he'll forgive you."

Tony put his hand to his shoulder and dropped into one of the chairs. He leaned back and closed his eyes, leaving Gibbs to deal with Edwards. Gibbs then called Ziva and Tim into the room. They took custody of Edwards and lead him to a holding cell.

Edwards pleaded guilty. He received 25 years for Sharon's murder and 10 years for the attempted murder of a federal agent.




Tony had stood staring down at the smooth marble for what seemed like hours. He then bent down. He slowly and carefully traced the letters with his index finger.

Sharon Faye Hawley, 1982-2007, Beloved Daughter and Sister, Rest In Peace.

"I'm sorry, Sharon." Tony said, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I'm so sorry. You deserved so much better than this." Tony paused. "I wish I had had more time to get to know you." Tony laid the flowers he had brought with him on top of the grave. He ran his fingers over the smooth marble one more time before he stood and walked away.

THE END