- Text Size +
"Boom! Part Four"

--Chapter Seven--

"Is-" Gibbs started to ask.

"She's fine, though," Tony reassured his boss. "But she's really shook up." Tony said, clearing his throat.

"Its a good thing she was wearing that vest under her coat." Tony remarked.

Gibbs nodded in agreement, though he knew Tony could not see it.

"Did you find Williams?" Gibbs asked.

"Yeah. We're headed back to the office with him now." Tony replied.

"I'm on my way." Gibbs told him.




--Back At NCIS HQ--

Gibbs stepped off of the elevator and headed towards the bullpen. Director Vance's secretary was just dropping off some materials for Gibbs and his team, and happened to almost run into Gibbs on her way out.

"Ziva?" Gibbs asked, upon seeing Vance's secretary.

"She's with the others down in interrogation, but-" the young woman started to explain.

Gibbs brushed past her, and headed for the interrogation room.

"Sir!? Agent Gibbs!?" the young woman called after him, but to no avail.


--Observation Room--

A few minutes later the door to the observation room opened up, and Gibbs stepped inside. Ziva was the only one in the room other than the techies that were taping the scene unfolding inside the interrogation room just next door.

"Ziva." Gibbs said, upon seeing her.

"Gibbs!" Ziva cried, as she threw herself into the silver-haired man's arms.

"He tried to kill Tony." she told him. "He tried-"

"Its okay." he whispered in her ear.

He knew that Tony was like a brother to Ziva, and vice-versa, and that they would do anything for each other.

So right now she WAS scared.

"The baby?" Gibbs asked quietly, slipping a hand down to her stomach.

"We are both fine," she whispered back.

Gibbs hugged Ziva tight for a brief moment.

That was the other secret that was being hidden within the walls there at NCIS. Gibbs and Ziva were a secret couple, and they had just learned only a week before that Ziva was pregnant.

"I-I am sorry for the way I acted this morning." Ziva told Gibbs, quietly. "I know you were only being hard on me...to protect me."

"No one else is gonna get hurt." Gibbs promised Ziva, as he held her in his arms.

Ziva nodded.




--Interrogation Room--

Gibbs stepped into the room a few minutes later, and motioned for Tony and McGee to leave him alone with Williams.

As Tony and McGee made their way out of the room, Gibbs grabbed McGee by the shoulder and whispered something into his ear--and then he sat down at the table across from Williams.

"Agent Gibbs." Williams said, at seeing Gibbs.

"Where's Kraczinsky?" Gibbs asked, plainly.

"Can't say." Williams replied.

"Two of my people are in the hospital, and one was almost shot to death in your home." Gibbs said, his blood pressure steadily on the rise.

"Yes, and how unfortunate that would have been too." Williams replied.

"You're going to tell me what I want to know...or I'll kill you right here." Gibbs threatened in a low growling voice.

Williams stared at Gibbs for a few beats, and then tried to laugh but found that it came rather hard at that moment.

"You wouldn't." he said, testing Gibbs.

Gibbs pulled out his Sig, swiftly, and set it down on the table. His trigger finger twitched visibly in front of Williams.

"Try me." Gibbs dared him.

Williams swallowed hard as he stared at Gibbs for a few more beats.

"Fine." he said at last. "But I want a deal." he added, insistently.






Chapter Eight --

Gibbs and the team were waiting in the squad room while the Director met with Williams' lawyer and a JAG lawyer.

Gibbs eyed Ziva from his desk. She still looked really shaken up, and it really bothered Gibbs.

Finally, he stood up and walked towards Ziva's desk.

"Ziva," he said, as he approached her desk. "With me." he said, motioning for her to follow.

He led her to the elevator where he pressed the button on the wall.

"Where are we going?" she asked quietly.

"To talk." Gibbs replied, plainly.

The elevator door opened up after a few seconds, and Gibbs stepped aside to let Ziva enter first.

When they were both in the elevator and the doors had closed--Gibbs slapped the stop switch after a few seconds, and the elevator car came to a sudden halt.

"Talk to me." he said softly, as he turned to face her.

Ziva stared down at her feet for a minute or so before saying anything.

--FlashBack Sequence--

Ziva, Tony, and McGee stormed through the front door of Williams' place, only to find themselves standing in an empty living room.

"Spread out." Tony told them. "But be careful." he added, quietly.

They all nodded at each other, and then set off in different directions to search for Williams himself.

They spent a good many minutes searching the house for Williams, but came up empty handed. The three agents stood in the living room, in front of the big sliding, double doors that led out onto a small patio.

"This was a waste." Tony said, as he holstered his side-arm.

"I'll say." McGee agreed. "I think we've been had." he added, shaking his head.

"Let's look around," Tony said, turning his back to the glass doors. "Maybe we can find something in this place that'll help us find Williams or Kraczinsky."

"Agreed." Ziva and McGee said.

Ziva started to turn away when something caught her eye. There was a glowing, red dot on the carpet just behind Tony.

The red dot began to move slowly across the floor.

Ziva followed it carefully.

The red dot suddenly jumped into the air, and landed on Tony's back. That's when it clicked in Ziva's mind.

'A laser sight'. she thought to herself.

At this point the laser sight had stopped completely aimed at the middle of Tony's back.

Ziva moved quickly--closing the distance between her and Tony as fast as she could.

"Tony!" she yelled, as she dove towards the Senior Field Agent.

Tony started to spin around just in time to see Ziva hurl herself between him and the red dot.

BANG!

Ziva dropped to the floor.

"Ziva!" Tony and McGee yelled at the same.

Tony dashed to Ziva's side, and McGee started to follow; but something moving outside caught his attention.

"Stay with her." McGee said quickly. "There's someone outside." he added, as he headed for the door--weapon drawn at the ready.

"Ziva." Tony said, rolling his partner over onto her back. "Ziva, are you-"

Ziva stirred, and then her eyes fluttered open.

"Ziva!?" Tony said again.

"Even with a vest," Ziva said sluggishly. "That still hurts."

"Vest?" Tony repeated, somewhat confused, but then he remembered.

"That's right," he said, with a sigh of relief. "Gibbs made you put on that vest."

Ziva nodded as she, with Tony's help of course, pulled herself into a sitting position on the floor.

"He knew." was all Tony could say after that.

--End of FlashBack--

"After that," Ziva continued, shaking her head. "We went outside, and McGee had managed to chase down and subdue Williams. Now, we are here."

Gibbs leaned forward, and planted a gentle kiss on the dark-haired woman's forehead.

"I'm just glad you're okay." he whispered softly.




.........To Be Continued.........