- Text Size +
Story Notes:
just a little somthing i thought up.take place between season 1-2.have more coming up.
Author's Chapter Notes:
A night out,turns into a night in
Kate slipped into the shimmery silver dress.It was short,half-way up her thigh,the sleeves to her elbows and a thin black belt around her waist.She stepped into her black steletos then checked herself in the mirror.She touched up her lipstick and then put the curler through her hair again.She checked the time."Right on time"she said aloud to herself.She sprayed some perfume,grabbed her purse and went to catch her cab to the club. She met Abby out the front of the busy club."You look great.Is the dress new?"Abby asked as they waited in line.Kate smooth the dress out."Yeah,I brought it last week"she said with a smile."Oh,is that the 'after David' dress?"Abby asked.Kate nodded.Kate had this thing,sort of like a tradition.When she broke up or got dumped she would go out and buy a gorgeous dress to male herself feel better.And usually it worked."Dont worry.In that dress you will be saying David who?"Abby said with a smile making Kate smile.They waited another 20 minutes before they got into the club."What are you drinking?"Abby asked over the loud music."Something with vodka in it"Kate called back.Kate watched Abby push her way through the crowd and up to the bar.Kate surveyed the club.There were groups of girls on the dance floor as well as groups of guys,trying to impress the group of girls.Then there were the horny couples,with their tongues down each others throats while they dry humped each other.Kate gave a small laugh and shook her head.'God I hope I don't look like that'she thought to herself."Here you go.I'm not telling you what it just drink it"Abby said."Gladly"Kate said picking up the drink and taking a long sip.The night seemed to fly by with laughter and many,many drinks.Abby had met a guy named Mitchell.He joined them for drinks and enjoyed hearing their stories from work."So you actually used to protect the president?"Mitchell asked again,still not believing what they told him.Kate put down her drink."Why is it so hard to believe?Is it because I'm a woman?"she said.Mitchell looked down at Abby who had a giant smile on her face."No, its not that at all.I just always pictured his guards more beefy and balding"he said.Kate and Abby laughed."That would have been my boss"Kate said.She noticed a change in Abby's face then felt an arm snake around her waist and a kiss on her neck."Is that dress for me?"he said into her ear.Kate turned and pushed the body off her.She hadn't expected to see David here,she didn't expect to ever see him again.He was looking at her hungrily."No its not and I'm not yours any more"she told him then turned back to Abby and Mitchell.David stood beside her."Dont shut me out Kate.I wanted to fix it and you wanted to give up"he said.Kate downed the last of her drink."I'll see you later"Kate said to Abby and Mitchell then turned to leave the club.David followed her out."Stay here"Abby told Mitchell as she ran after the two.Kate stepped out into the cool night and took a deep breath of fresh air.she stood there trying to calm herself.She heard the door open again.She could only assume it was David."Why cant you just let it go?"she said turning to him.She saw Abby exit with a worried expression on her face."Let it go?How can I let you go Kate?You're gorgeous"he said."And that's all I am to you.Some thing good to look at"she spat back,then turned away.She really didn't want to do this in front of Abby and especially not outside a full night club."Answer me this.Is there anyone in this city that is worthy of Kate Todd?Of course not because you are to fucking turned on by your boss"he almost yelled.Kate froze.That was it.She turned and walked up to him."Kate"Abby warned but it was no use.With one punch David was on the ground clutching his bleeding nose.She couldn't say anything to him.She turned to Abby,fire still raging in her eyes."I'm going home"she said."Do you want me to call you a cab?"Abby asked."No,I'll walk.I need the fresh air to clear my head.I'll call you tomorrow"she said,gave her a hug and started up the now deserted street.Abby ran back into the club."Hey,did you want to get out of here?"she asked Mitchell quickly."Sure"he said.She grabbed her things and his hand then ran out of the club and quickly dialled Gibbs' number."Gibbs"he answered."Gibbs thank god you're awake"she said."What do you want Ab's?"he asked.Mitchell stopped a taxi and ushered Abby into the back seat.He gave the driver his address as she was too occupied."Kate's ex showed up at the club and now she has started walking home.Gibbs you have yo pick her up,I really don't want to find her in a gutter"she told him.She heard him sigh."Where?"he asked.She quickly gave him the address of the club and the direction Kate had started walking then hung up.
***
Kate walked past another light post and decided to take her shoes off and carry them."Why do you always have to date the crazy ones"she said aloud to herself.As the alcohol started to wear off,she noticed the slight ache in her hand."Great.Hurt your hand hitting his face,even better"she said aloud.Then she noticed the car that was driving slowly up behind her."Get in the car"the driver said through the open window."No thanks"she called back over her shoulder."Kate"he called back.'How does he know me?'she thought."I said no"she called back again."And I said get in the car"this time the voice sounded familiar.She stopped and turned towards the dark sedan."Gibbs" she said softly and let out a sigh."I'll give you a lift home"he told her.She walked over to the car and hoped into the passenger side.She put her seatbelt on and relaxed into the seat."Abby call you?"she asked not looking at him."Uh huh"was his only reply."She tell you what happened?"she asked."Nope".She didn't care if he didn't want to hear the story,she just wanted to tell him."My ex showed up.He wouldn't leave me alone in the club so I went outside.But of course he followed.He said that no guy in this city is good enough for me because I am turned on by my..."she stopped herself before she let it slip.She knew David was right,but he had no right to come out and say it.She looked over at him,his eyes focused on the road.She couldn't help notice that his grip on the steering wheel was tighter then normal."So you decided to walk home?"he asked finally glancing over at her.She smiled and flicked her hair out of her face."No.I punched him,then decided to walk home"she said clenching her fist a couple of times,which he noticed."Your hand hurt?"he asked."A little"she admitted."Make sure to ice it"he told him.She just nodded.The rest of the trip was silent and when he finally pulled up out the front of her apartment building she felt a little disappointed."I'm sorry for tonight Gibbs.But think you"she said."Any time"he replied.Kate hesitated for a minute then continued to get out of the car.She closed her door and was surprised to hear a second door slam.She saw Gibbs standing on the curb."Making sure you ice that hand"he explained to her.She just nodded,she wasn't going to complain.She lead the way up to the security door,then up the elevator to her floor.She dug through her little purse for her keys."Let me"he said taking the purse from her and grabbing the keys out straight away.He opened the door and let her enter first.He closed the door behind her."Thanks"she said as he handed her the keys."Ice?"he asked."Through there"she pointed to where the kitchen was."I'll be out in a sec"she said as she went to her bedroom.She sat down on her bed and pulled out her phone.There were already missed calls from Abby.She decided to call her back."Kate"Abby greeted."I'm ok,but thank you for calling Gibbs"she said quietly."So he found you?"she asked."Yeah,he just dropped me off.I'm sorry about tonight Abby,I really am"she apologize.She feels terrible that she cut their night short and that she witnessed their fight."It's ok.There are plenty of nights to go out".Kate heard a voice in the back ground and smiled to herself."There sure is"Kate looked up to see Gibbs standing in her doorway with a packet and tea towel in his hands."Abby I have to go.Tell me all about it tomorrow"Kate said and hung up throwing her phone on the bed.Gibbs took that as his invitation and walked towards her bed."You had no ice so we have to use frozen peas"he said wrapping them in the tea towel.He sat down next to her.Took her reddened hand in his and place the 'ice pack' on her hand."Thank you"she said softly.Gibbs gave her a small smile."You ok?"he asked.He knew something was bugging her.He was the only woman he could read."He was right"she said."Who?".Kate gave a sigh."David.My ex"she looked up at him before continuing."No one in this city is good enough for me because I get turned on by my boss"she told him.Clearly the alcohol was not out of her system as she had thought.She realised what she had just said but didn't care as she starred into his eyes.A slight smile played at Gibbs mouth.Next thing she knew he was in her personal space,his lips gently touching hers.She was surprised at how gentle he was.She had dreamed about their first kiss and it was nothing like this.He eventually pulled back and she bit her bottom lip,her eyes finding his again."I'm attracted to you too"he said in a low raspy voice.Kate smiled,tossed the beans of her hand and wrapped it around his neck pulling him back down to her lips.She layed back on the bed pulling Gibbs on top of her as he quickly got rid of his jacket.His hands ran up her bare legs and up underneath her dress.This was the moment was had been waiting for.This was what dreams were made of.
***
Kate woke up next to a very naked,lightly snoring Gibbs.She looked down and saw an arm draped over her waist.She smiled but then remembered what happened last night.She slowly got off the bed.Pulled on a pair of shorts and loose fitting t-shirt then headed for the kitchen.She knew Gibbs will be needing coffee this mornings,and lots of it.She poured herself a glass of water,it being the best thing for her right now.She glanced up at the clock 8:15am.She didn't know Gibbs could sleep this late.Although they didn't get to bed 'til about 3am.Once the coffee was done she found her biggest mug and filled it as much as possible.She refilled her glass and headed back to her room.Gibbs was now sitting up in the bed,running his hands through his hair.Kate stood in the door way with a smile."I guess your not used to waking up in someone else's bed"she said with a little laugh."Not lately"he said as he stretched.Kate made her way to his side of the bed and sat down next to his legs."I thought you might need this"she said handing him the mug."Thanks"he said taking and.He took a sip and she could see him instantly relax.They sat there in silence.Neither knowing what to say."Kate"he said finally breaking the silence."I'm sorry about what happened last night,but"she started.She knew what he thought about relationships between agents,but what they did didn't mean they had to start a relationship."Never say your sorry"he said softly.She looked up and gave him a soft smile.She remembered the first time he had said that to her."Now are you going to lecture me about sleeping with people you work with?"she asked.She saw all the tension leave his face.He too,remembered that conversation.He looked her straight in the eyes."Nope"he answered.Kate looked down at her glass of water."Well you should because I don't think I want to stop"she told him.There was no use lying to Gibbs,especially after what has happened between them.He puts his coffee on the bedside table.He leans over, takes the glass from her hand and places it next to his coffee mug.He takes her hand in his."Neither do I"he said in a low voice.He pulled her up to him,making her straddle him.She looked into his eyes and felt instantly assured that this wouldn't end any time soon.He brushed the hair out of her face and kissed her.A kiss that said I care for you and want you to myself.That was more then either of them want...for now.
Chapter End Notes:
just a little somthing i thought up.take place between season 1-2.have more coming up.