- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's time to Kate to the hospital
"Thank you for coming over Abby" Kate said Abby walked into the lounge room with two cups of tea.
"You don’t need to thank me. I'm just glad I get a break. Working 28 hours straight its finally taking its toll on me" Abby told her with a laugh. Kate smiled and took a sip of tea.
"I don’t know how you do it Abby. I just look at you and feel exhausted" she said with a laugh.
"Sorry. So only a few more days huh".
"I can’t wait. Being pregnant is amazing but when you feel like you're going to explode, it’s not as fun" she said rubbing her belly.
"Gibbs is so nervous. He is always checking his phone, waiting for that call. It's rather sweet" Abby commented taking a sip of tea. Kate smiled then put her tea down.
"Maybe tea wasn’t the best idea. By bladder is already being compressed" Kate said as she tried to get off the lounge. Abby got up and helped her.
"Thanks" she said then waddled down the hallway towards the bathroom. Abby looked around the lounge room and saw a few new photos on the book shelf. She got up and had a look. They were of Kate and Jethro.
They look so happy, she thought as she placed it back on the shelf. She turned around and saw Kate standing there holding her belly.
"Everything ok?" she asked. Kate looked up at her.
"I think it's time to make that call" she said.
"What?" Abby quickly put down her cup.
"My water just broke" Kate told her. Abby froze for a moment.
"Right. Um...we should take your car" she said grabbing her bag. Kate pointed to her keys hanging up. Abby rushed her out to the car.
"You ok?" she asked. Kate nodded.
"For now. You have to call Jethro" she said. Abby nodded and pulled out her phone as she ran around to the driver side.
"Yeah, Gibbs" he answered almost straight away.
"It's time" was all Abby said as she drove towards Bethesda.
"What?" he said.
"Kate's water just broke. We are on our way to the hospital" she told him.
"Shit. Tell her I'll be there soon and not to push" he said then hung up the phone. He was at a crime scene which was at least thirty to forty minutes away.
"DiNozzo. Keys" he called. Tony grabbed the keys from his pocket and threw them to him.
"Boss?" McGee asked.
"Kate's water broke. Get a lift back with Ducky" he called as he ran towards the van.

"What did he say?" Kate asked Abby. He said he is on his way and not to push" she took a quick glance over at Kate who was focusing on her breathing. She looks calm for someone who is about to push two beings out of her, she thought.

Abby held onto Kate's hand as they waited for Jethro to arrive. Kate was focusing on her breathing while Abby was getting nervous that he wouldnt make.
"Remember not to push until he gets here" Abby reminded her.
"Well he might want to hurry up. You're almost fully dialated" the midwife said from between Kate's leg. She closed her eyes trying not think about it.
"You ok?" Abby asked.
"I'm trying to hold them in" she said then took a few deep breaths. Abby couldnt help but laugh a little.
"I'm here" came Jethro's voice from the door. Kate's eyes shot open and Abby went to hug him.
"Oh thank god. I was almost thinking I would have to stay. No offense" she said turning back to Kate.
"It's ok" Kate said. Jethro quickly pulled Abby aside.
"What's wrong?" Abby asked.
"I need you to go to my place. In my top draw there is a box. I need you too bring it here" he told. Abby's face lit up.
"Oh my god" she cooed.
"Abby, just go" he said holding his keys out. She smiled and held up Kate's keys then ran out of the hospital.
"Jet" he heard Kate call him. He ran into the room and straight to her side. He grabbed her hand in both of his and kissed her head.
"I'm here" he said softly. Kate's breathing started to quicken and she felt sweaty.
"Ok. When I count to three I need you to give a big push ok" the midwife said looking up at Kate. She just nodded her head and squeezed Jethro's hand harder.
"One, two three push".

Kate laid on the bed resting soundly, Jethro sitting next to her bed watching her.
"Are you happy?" she asked in a quiet voice, her eyes still closed. Jethro looked up at her and stroked her face.
"Of course I'm happy. I coudlnt be happier" he said and leaned over and kissed her. She smiled and finally opened her eyes to look up into his.
"I love you" she said softly.
"I love you too" he replied and kissed her again.
"Here we go. Lauren and Henry Gibbs" the nurse announced as she and another nurse wheeled in the two cribs. Kate sat up more so she could hold her babies. The nurse handed Kate Lauren.
"Very healthy and very cute" the nurse commented. The other nurse handed Henry to Jethro.
"So Henry was first?" Kate asked.
"Yes, then Lauren was out two minutes and eighteen seconds later" the nurse said with a smile.
"He is already like his dad. First at everything" Kate laughed.
"Well if you need anything else just ask" the nurse said with a smile then they both left the room.
Kate and Jethro admired their little bundles. He sat down on the side of the bed and look over his daughter.
"God she looks like you" he commented. Kate smiled and looked at him.
"And he looks just like you" she replied. He looked back at Henry. Then there was a small knock on the door and Abby pocked her head in.
"Oh my gosh, they are so small" she exclaimed.
"You can come closer Abby" Kate laughed. Abby looked over at Jethro.
"I just have to talk to Gibbs for a minute" she said. Jethro turned to Kate and settled Henry in her arms.
"Why? What’s going on?" she asked as he slipped out of the room.
"Did you find it?" he asked immediately.
"Yes and I must say, wow. If she doesnt say yes, I will" she said with a laugh as she handed him the small box. He ignored her comment and checked the ring.
"So can I go hold my godchildren now?" she asked anxiously.
"No you can wait here 'til I say" he said, kissed her head and went back in to the room, the box in his pocket.
"You going to tell me what that was about?" she questioned. He came over to her side and took Henry from her arms. He rocked him gently and put him gently into his crib. He started to fuss but Jethro calmed him before heading back over to Kate and then taking Lauren from her arms.
“ Jethro what are you doing?” Kate asked again as she watched him curiously. He kissed the top of Lauren’s head before placing her down. He then went back to Kate’s side and pulled his chair closer to her bed. He leaned over and grabbed her hand. Kate couldn’t stop staring at him. She had never seen him act like this.
“I love you” he said. She smiled and rubbed her thumb over his hand.
“I love you too” she replied.
“Kate, you have given me more than I could ever ask for. I don’t know how to tell you how much you mean to me so I will show you” he said and with his free hand he dug into his pocket and pulled out the small box. Kate’s heart stopped.
“Caitlin Todd, will you marry me?” he asked staring into her eyes, trying to show her all the love he had for her in that one look. Kate couldn’t speak. She just nodded her as a tear ran down her cheek. A smile broke out on Jethro’s face.
“Yes?” he wanted to clarify. Kate cleared her throat.
“Yes, of course” she said happily. She tugged on his arm and pulled him closer towards her and kissed him.
“God I love you” she said against his lips. He kissed her harder and ran a gently hand over her cheek. He pulled back and fiddled with the ring before grabbing her hand and sliding the ring on her finger. Kate looked down at it.
“Oh my god. Jethro, you didn’t” started but Jethro’s lips stopped her from continuing. They were
interrupted by a light knock on the door. They both turned to see Abby’s head peaking in.
“You can come in” Kate smiled. Abby quietly moved into the room.
“So?” she asked looking from Kate to Jethro. Kate couldn’t hide the smile that spread across her
face and Abby knew straight away.
“Oh my god” she squealed and ran towards the bed. She wrapped her arms around Jethro, but
their attention soon turned towards the two babies that started to cry.
“Whoops, sorry” she said covering her mouth. Jethro got up and went to the cribs.
“It’s ok Abby. Do you want to hold?” Kate asked gesturing to Jethro and the twins.
“Do I” Abby said as she quickly went over to the cribs and took Henry from Jethro’s arms.
“Oh he is so cute. He look so much like you Gibbs. I’m so happy for you guys” she cooed as she
walked around Kate’s room, not taking her eyes of the tiny boy.
“He likes you Ab’s. I think we found our baby sitter” Kate joked.
“Of course. I never want to let them go” she agreed hugging Henry closer.
“So when are mummy and daddy getting married?” she asked looking from Kate and Jethro.
Kate just shrugged her shoulders.