- Text Size +
“No, all I want is a simple garden wedding with…50 or 60 people” Kate told her mother.
“Sweetie, what about the big church wedding with all the family and extended family” her mother pushed as she handed the bottle to Kate, who feed her hungry little girl.
“That was then and this is now. Jethro and I just want our closest friends and family there. Please don’t make a big deal out of this” she pleaded walking around with Lauren.
“If that’s what you really want, I can’t stop you” Marie said. Jethro walked in with a freshly changed Henry.
“Here it’s her turn” Kate handed Lauren to Jethro and took Henry from him.
“You guys ok?” he asked looking from Kate and Marie. Kate nodded.
“Ok, bring Henry up when he is feed” he said then kissed her cheek. Marie smiled.
“What?” Kat asked looking at her smiling mum. Marie shrugged her shoulders.
“You’re just…” she couldn’t finish.
“I’m just what? Exhausted, yes” she said as she started to burp Henry.
“No. You’re in love. I’ve never seen you like this” Marie said as she stood up and took Henry from her.
“That’s half the reason we are getting married mum” she replied sarcastically.
“You really want a garden wedding?” Marie asked again. Kate sighed.
“Yes. It will be the middle of spring. I want to feel comfortable and I want Jethro to feel comfortable and I don’t think he would if we had a big church wedding. Mum, this is what I really want. No fancy reception, no long lost relatives I haven’t even met. Just everyone that means a lot to us and home cooked food with a live band. That’s it” Kate told her.
“Ok. Then that’s what you shall get” Marie nodded. They both looked at Henry who had fallen asleep in her arms.
“Let me take him” Kate motioned for her to take Henry but Marie pulled back.
“It’s ok, I’ll take him up. You just sit down and organize what you want cooked” and with that she was gone.
Chapter End Notes:
only a short one, but thought i should add an explanation for the next chapter