- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Its finally here.what they have all been waiting for.
Kate was in the kitchen making the last of the salads. She heard the front door open and close
and soon a pair of strong arms were wrapped around her waist.
“Everything ok in here?” he asked softy as he leaned down and kiss the back of her neck. Kate
stopped what she was doing and grabbed the dish towel and wiped her hands. She turned around
in his arms to face him with a smile.
“Everything is fine. How about you?” she asked looking up into his eyes. His smile widened.
“Fine” he replied as he leaned down and kissed her lips softly.
“So you’re ready for tomorrow? There is nothing you need to do?” she asked softly. He paused
for a moment and trailed his eyes over Kate’s face and down her body.
“There is one thing” in one movement he lifted Kate up onto the bench, pushing aside the cutting
board she was working on. Jethro positioned himself between her legs and started attacking her
neck with kisses that turned into gentle sucking. Kate encouraged him with a low moan and
wrapped her legs around him. He ran a hand down her side and up under her shirt and stroked
her soft skin. He pressed himself against her so she could feel his erection.
“Should we come back?” came Abby’s voice from behind them. Jethro removed his hand from
under her shirt and stood up, while Kate looked past him and saw Abby with Henry in her arms
and Rachel holding Lauren’s hand.
“Don’t you guys knock?” she asked as she pushed Jethro back so she could slide off the counter
back onto her own feet. Rachel let go of Lauren and she ran towards Kate, who bent down and
picked her up. She kissed her little cubby cheek and gave her a big hug.
“Yeah well, can’t you guys save it for the honey moon” Abby threw back as she handed a
squirming Henry over to Jethro.
“You made your point. I thought you guys weren’t going to be back until six?” Kate asked
looking over at the clock.
“Well when we got to the park it was so crowded we just decided to go for an extended walk” Rachel explained.
“We figured that was enough since they couldn’t walk the rest of the way home” added Abby. Kate looked over at Jethro, who was also cursing the packed park. Rachel gave a little laugh.
“What?” Kate asked. Rachel shook her head.
“Nothing, it’s just” she stopped.
“What?” Kate asked.
“You two” she finally said with a big smile. Kate and Jethro looked at each.
“What about us?” he asked clearly confused.
“You were so happy and excited when the twins arrived and now look at you. The second they are out of the house you’re acting like horny teenagers” after her explanation Abby joined in with the laughter. Jethro rolled his eyes.
“I think they can do with a nappy change” he told Kate and she handed Lauren over to him and headed upstairs. Once he was gone Kate turned her attention to her laughing bridal party.
“18 months with no sex, I think you two would be acting like horny teenagers as well” she
clarified which only made Rachel and Abby laugh harder. Kate just shook her head.
“I’m sorry sweetie, I know it must be hard, but trying to get some while you’re in the middle of
making your wedding dinner” Rachel explained. Kate sighed.
“God you’re right” she agreed.
“It’s ok. It has to be hard with Gibbs’ unpredictable work schedule and having to run after two
babies” Abby sympathized. Kate nodded and turned back to the counter and started to gather up
the remnants of her salad.
“It will get better. After this week alone you will feel refreshed and ready to tackle another 18
months” Rachel said.
“Is that what we have to look for? A break every 18 months?” Kate asked. Rachel got up and
went over to Kate.
“No sweetie. You’ll get weekends when mum and me come and visit, or when Abby and Tim
babysit” she said with a smile. Kate put down the knife and tomato.
“I guess I wish we had more us time. Don’t get me wrong I love them dearly, but Jethro and I used to…” Kate paused and looked to Rachel and Abby who both had their ‘I don’t want details’ look.
“We used to be extremely intimate and now, he is either home too late, the kids won’t sleep or I’m too tired and it just frustrates me” she exclaimed. Rachel got up and hugged her sister.
“It gets better believe me. You are getting married tomorrow. Enjoy your last day of being a Todd” she said and kissed her cheek. Kate smiled.
“Thank you. So do Jethro and I really have to sleep apart tonight?” Kate asked. Rachel and Abby looked at each other than back at Kate.
“Yes” they said in unison, which was answered with a groan from Kate.

“My god you look gorgeous” Marie exclaimed as Kate emerged from the bedroom fully dressed. She blushed a little.
“That is definitely he perfect dress” Abby said as she handed Kate her bouquet. Abby stared at her for a while.
“What? Do I have something in my teeth?” Kate asked. Abby shook her head.
“No you look great. It’s just…you two are finally doing this. And I can’t believe I get to be a part of it” Abby started to tear up.
“Abby please don’t. You’re going to make me ruin my make-up” Kate said as she dabbed at her eyes.
“I can’t help it. You guys are my family” Abby wrapped her arms around Kate.
“You girls ready? Everyone is waiting” Joseph said entering the room.
“I’m ready” Kate said pulling out of Abby’s arms. Rachel, Abby and Marie left with a kiss on Kate’s cheek. Joseph took his daughters arm and lead her to the trees.
“You ready?” he asked her. She watched as Rachel and Henry went down the grassy isle, followed by Abby and Lauren. She nodded.
“Of course” she beamed. With one last kiss they headed for the isle. She found Jethro’s eyes immediately and she could read his mind. She had to fight the urge to run the rest of the way and throw her arms around him. When they reached the end of the isle Joseph gave her another kiss on the cheek.
“Who gives this woman to this man?” the priest asked.
“My wife and I do” Joseph answered then took his seat in the front row, next to Marie. He took Henry into his lap.
“Ladies and gentleman, we are gathered here today” the priest started the ceremony.
“Mummy” Henry called as he squirmed on Jo’s lap. Kate turned to Rachel and handed her the bouquet.
“It’s ok, come here” she said. Joseph let the little boy go and he ran straight for Kate. She picked him up and gave him a big hug, then fixed up his little tux. Marie did the same with Lauren who ran straight for Jethro. He picked her up and gave her a kiss. Kate turned to the priest with a smile.
“We’re ok now” she said and everyone gave a small chuckle.
The rest of the ceremony went uninterrupted, until the first kiss as husband and wife.
“Me too” Henry and Lauren both cheered as Jethro and Kate broke apart. Kate lent over and kissed Lauren and Jethro did the same with Henry.

Kate and Jethro got called onto the make-shift dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. As Harvest Moon by Neil Young started to fill the fresh spring air, Jethro pulled Kate close and started to slow dance.
“You look gorgeous” he whispered in her ear. Her smile widened.
“And you look so handsome. I almost didn’t recognize you” she replied. With the hand on the small of her back, he pulled her closer to him.
“I can’t wait to see what’s under this dress” he said in a hoarse voice then started kissing her neck gently. Kate closed her eyes, her whole body relaxing. Soon Rachel and Ducky and Abby and Mike joined them, followed by Marie and Joseph. Kate is playing with the hair on the back of Jethro’s head and kissed him again. She stopped when she felt a tugging on her dress. She looked down to see Lauren looking up at her. Kate laughs and bends down and picks her up.
“You look so pretty in your dress” Kat tells her with a kiss on the cheek.
“Mummy pretty” she replies tugging on Kate’s pearl necklace.
“Daddy” calls Henry and he bends down and picks him up to. The four of them share their first family dance.
Soon it was time for Kate and Jethro to leave for their honeymoon. Kate went back into the house to get changed.
“I don’t want to make a big deal otherwise Henry and Lauren won’t let us go” Kate said through the door as she changed.
“Don’t worry about them. Just go around and say a quick goodbye, tell them they will see them soon and go. Will you be ok?” Abby asked as she took Kate’s dress and put it in the bag.
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” she asked as she stepped out of the room.
“Maybe because this is the first time you have been apart from them since they were born” Abby pointed out.
“That’s true, but I have Jethro. Honestly I will be fine” Kate reassures her. Kate and Jethro start to make their rounds of goodbyes. Marie, Joseph, Abby and Rachel walk Kate and Jethro to their awaiting car along with Henry and Lauren.
“So if you guys need anything just call us” Kate tells them.
“Sweetie, it’s your week away. Enjoy it” Marie said kissing the top of her head. Her dad then steps up and hugs her tightly.
“Be safe” he tells her then kisses her cheek. Jethro hugs Abby who has Henry in her arms.
“Don’t make too many babies” Abby whispers into his ear.
“Behave yourself” he told her and pulled back and kissed the top of his sons head.
“You be a good boy” he tells him. Henry nods his head. Rachel hands Lauren to Kate for one last hug. Kate kissed her little face over and over again.
“You be a good girl for grandma ok. We will be home soon” Kate tells her. And much to her surprise she felt a huge tug at her heart as she look at the innocent face of her daughter.
‘Abby was so right’ she suddenly thought. She kissed Rachel’s cheek and handed Lauren back to her.
“We will have so much fun, don’t worry” Rachel told her. Kate sniffed trying to hold it together. She then had to say goodbye to Henry.
“My big boy. You be good. I will call you every night ok” she said as she kissed him as well. Henry nodded.
“Love” he tells her and wraps his little arms around her neck. She kissed him quickly and gave him back to Abby. She couldn’t take it and quickly got in the back of the car. Jethro finished his goodbyes and joined Kate in the car. She wiped her eyes and sniffled once more.
“You ok?” he asked as he grabbed her hand.
“Abby was right. I’m not ok” she says looking at him with tear stained eyes. He reached over and wiped her face.
“They will be fine. We will call them every night” he told her and she smiled. As they pulled away they waved goodbye to everyone.
“I’m just going to miss them so much” she told him leaning back into the seat.
“So will I. But we need this time to ourselves. You deserve a break” he said leaning over and kissing her.
“You’re right. We do need a break” she says and kisses him again.