- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally the three words are spoken
Jethro looked at the time on his computer. Should be home by now, he thought to himself. He picked up the phone and dialed her number.
"Hello" she answered in a somber tone.
"So you're home?" he says.
"Yeah about an hour ago" she told him.
"Good. I'll be over soon" he told her.
"Ok" she said then hung up. He was a little worried. She was never the first to hang up. He finished up as quickly as he could then left for Kate's.

Kate sat on her lounge watching the news. She didnt mean to be so closed off from Jethro on the phone but the recent events had started to make her think. And with this thinking it would either make their relationship stronger, or make him walk. Ran a gentle hand over her chest and winced as the slightest touch hurt. She heard the key in the lock then the door open.
"Kate?" Jethro called as he shrugged his jacket off and hung it up.
"Lounge room" she replied. He made his way to the lounge room. She looked up at him and couldnt even muster a smile.
"Are you ok?" he asked noticing her unusal mood. She shook her head and pointed to the TV as she turned up the volume. Jethro turned to the TV and listened to the report.
"And the Presidents life was saved yesterday by a Secret Service Agent. The President was speaking to the residents of disarster hit Ohio when two shots where fired" the new reporter said. Jethro watched as the scene unfolded and he saw the Secret Service agent take a bullet while the others ushered the President to safety. As the news continued she muted the TV. Jethro didnt know what to say. He turned back to Kate who let out a sigh.
"That was you wasnt it?" he asked. She nodded. Jethro couldnt believe it. Kate had been so close to loosing her life.
"Are you ok? Where did it get you?" he asked as he took a seat on the coffee table in front of her. She couldnt talk, she just undid a few buttons of her pajama top to show him the fist sized bruised on her chest.
"Jesus" he gasped. He didnt know what to say. What he was feeling right now was like nothing he has experienced in a long time.
"I hope they dont expect you at work straight away" he said.
"They want a doctors clerance before I step foot in the building" she told him. He nodded in agreement.
"Good. And how did the President thank you for saving his life?" he asked. This time he got a small smile from Kate. She pointed to the kitchen table where a bunch of flowers sat and a bottle of wine.
"And there is a card" she said.
"Well at least that somethig" he commented. They fell silent and Kate's head got the best of her.
"Jethro I have been doing slot of thinking since the incident and...I" she starts but pauses as her emotions get the best of her. She takes a calming breath before continuing.
"I have realised that I almost died before I got to tell you how I really feel. Jethro, I love you and I hope you love me to because I dont want to ever lose you" she said through tears. Jethro was never good with crying woman, but this was Kate. This was his Kate.
"Oh I do. Believe me I do" he said as he jumped up and sat beside her taking her in his arms. He held her close as she sobbed in his chest. He kissed her head and whispered.
"You will never loose me". Once her breathing evened out and she got herself together she pulled back out of Jethro's arms and looked into his eyes.
"I would really appreciate it if you stayed for a few days" she said wiping her face. Jethro gave her a soft smile and removed the hair that feel infront of her face.
"All you had to do was ask" he said then leaned in and kissed her. This time the kiss was different, this time it was filled with love, support, caring and passion. Jethro broke the kiss and held Kate's hands.
"I want you to meet some people tomorrow. Is that ok?" he asked her. She gave him her sweet smile.
"I would be more then happy to" she said. He kissed her again then grabbed the remote turned the TV off and took her to bed.