- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate finally meets Gibbs friends.
Kate made her way to the bullpen and as soon as she saw Tony she knew she was in the right place.
"Good morning" Kate greeted Tony. Tony stood up with a broad smile.
"Morning. You here on business or pleasure?" he asked.
"Both. Jethro told me to meet him here at nine" she told him.
"Oh, well he hasnt come in. I thought you two were living together" he stated.
"No. He stayed at mine last night but had to run home to change" she explained. Tony nodded in understanding.
"Well you can wait at his desk if you like" he jestured towards Jethro's empty desk. Kate gave him a small thank you and made her way over to his desk. She sat down in his chair, but when she went to pull herself under the desk she felt something between her feet. She looked down and saw a body.
"Oh my god" she scream as she jumped up from the chair, moving away from the desk.
"Oh I am so sorry. I didnt expect anyone for another" he looked at his watch.
"20 minutes" he said holding up some computer cable. Kate put her hand on her chest and tried to calm herself.
"It's ok. I just didnt expect somebody under the desk. I'm Kate" she said and held her hand out.
"McGee. Wait your THE Kate?" he asked. Kate looked confused.
"How many Kate's does Jethro know?" Kate asked with a laugh.
"Yes she is the girlfriend McGee" Tony said. McGee smiled.
"Nice to meet you" McGee said with a smile. Jethro entered the bullpen and stopped at his desk.
"McGee. Work. Your desk. Now" he ordered. McGee turned around to see Jethro sipping his coffee.
"Uh yes boss" the young agent mumbled then scampered off to his desk.
"Now you're coming with me" he said to Kate. She smiled and took his hand as he led them to the elevator.
"Is he always like that?" Kate asked referring to McGee. Jethro smiled.
"He's very green, but very smart. With some quidance he will get better" he said as they stepped onto the elevator. Kate smiled.
"And who said you were a bastard?" she asked with a little laugh. Jethro chuckled and hit the button.
"So where are we going?" Kate asked.
"Autopsy" he answered.
"Why are we going to autopsy?" she asked sounding less enthusiastic then before.
"Because my oldest and earest friend is the M.E" he answered.
"Oh" Kate couldnt believe he was actually going to introduce him to his friends. The doors opened and Jethro was the first to step out, his hand still firmly in Kate's.
"Duck?" he calls out.
"Right here Jethro" he says spinning around in his chair. He eyes Kate and gets up from his seat.
"And who is this?" he asks with a smile as he notices their entwind hands.
"This is Kate. Kate, Dr. Donald Mallard" Jethro says introducing them. Kate smiles and take Ducky's hand.
"Nice to meet you Dr. Mallard" she says with a smile.
"Please, it's Ducky to my friends" he says with a charming smile.
"It's great to finally meet Jethro's friends and colleges" she tells him. Ducky looks from Jethro to Kate.
"So how long have you two been together?" Ducky asks. Jethro looks down at Kate wanting her to answer.
"Seven months" she says with a proud smile.
"That's wonderful. I hope we will be seeing more of you" he says with an expectant look to Jethro.
"I'm sure you will" she answers.
"We got to go Duck" Jethro says. Ducky nodded his head.
"Of course. It was a pleasure meeting you Kate" he said with a smile.
"Likewise" Kate said before being pushed out of autopsy and into the elevator.
"He seems like such a gentle man" Kate commented.
"Oh he is. He can also talk your ear off" he told her. Kate gave a little chuckle.
"Ok, so where to next?" she asked squeazing his hand.
"The science lab" he said.
"How interesting. And who am I meeting?" she asked. Jethro gave a chuckle.
"The most caring person you will ever meet" he said, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before the doors opened. They stepped out into a foyeur then through another door where they were meet with loud music.
"Is it always like his?" Kate yelled over the music. Jethro just nodded. He let go of her hand and went to the stereo and turned it off.
"Hey" came a gravely voice in protest.
"You're down here early" the female says again.
"I want you to meet someone" he told her as he made his way back to Kate. He took her hand again and pulled her more into the lab. Kate was a little surprised at seeing the tall, younger woman with black hair and tattooes, but she smiled politely.
"The reason for your good moods I presume" she said with a smile. Jethro ignored the comment and carried on with the introductions.
"Kate this is Abby" he said. Kate held out her hand and Abby took it with a smile.
"Nice to meet you" Kate said.
"Same here. It's about time Gibbs found someone" Abby said.
"Abby" he warned her. Abby looked at him with an innocent smile.
"What? It's true. You have been so much better to work with and have been very generous with my Caff-Pows" she said. Kate laughed.
"See they did know about me" Kate commented. Jethro rolled his eyes.
"So how long have you two been dating?" Abby asked.
"Seven months. We meet while we were in Hawaii" Kate told her.
"Ah, Hawaii. The perfect place to start a romance. So what do you do?" Abby asked. Kate laughed at Abby's enthusiasm.
"Abby" Jethro warned again.
"It's ok. I'm with the Secret Service" she said. Abby's eyes widened.
"Wow, that's kool" she said.
"Presidential detail" Jethro added. Abby gasped.
"Really? Wow. But you're like really young and pretty. Most of them are buff balding middle-aged men" she said. Kate laughed.
"Yeah well I wanted to change that" she said.
"I better go check on tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb" Jethro said. He gave Kate a quick kiss then left. Once he was gone Abby continued their conversation.
"So you would of been their at the shooting the other day" she said. Kate sighed and her smiled dropped.
"Yeah I was there" Kate put her bag down and pulled her top down slightly.
"I was the one that stopped it" she said. Abby gasped.
"Oh my god. That was you. I had no idea I was watching Gibbs' girlfriend throw herself in front of a bullet" she said. Kate fixed her top and gave her a small smile.
"Yeah well, the things we do. So how long have you been here?" Kate asked changing the subject.
"Uh...somewhere over four years. I stopped counting" she said with a smile. Kate nodded.
"So have you ever met any of Jethro's other girlfriends or ex-wives?" Kate asks curiously. Abby laughed.
"You're the first one. So you must be something special to him" Abby said. kate was grinning from ear to ear.
"Yeah, I must be" she said quietly.