- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
when will Kate and Gibbs get the happy ending the are both longing for
Kate sat at her desk, head in her hands not knowing what to do. She had gotten ready to go out on a date but he had cancelled in the last minute. She didn’t want to go home and be by herself tonight and she wasn’t exactly dressed to out to the club either. Gibbs walked back into the bullpen and grabbed his jacket from his desk and stopped when he saw Kate still sitting there.
“I thought you were going out?” he said as he pulled on his jacket. Kate groaned.
“So did I” she looked up and saw the confused look on Gibbs’ face.
“My date cancelled and I’m too dressed up to go to the club” she explained. He just nodded his head in understanding. He reached over and turned his computer screen off and walked out of the bullpen he paused and headed back into the bullpen and stopped in front of Kate’s desk.
“Do you want to go to dinner?” he asked. Kate looked up at him, the shock clear on her face which made Gibbs chuckle.
“Sorry I just…” she started.
“Didn’t expect it” he finished foe her. Kate nodded before a smile finally took over her face.
“You don’t have to do that. It’s fine. I’ll just go home” she said as she grabbed her coat. Gibbs quickly moved to help her.
“I’m taking you out” he told her.
“And that’s an order” he whispered in her ear. Kate felt her body tingle at his feel of his breath on her skin. She turned around and looked up into his eyes.
“Ok” she smiled, grabbed her bag and headed for the elevators.
They decided to meet at a small restaurant not far from Kate’s place. Gibbs ordered a nice wine to go with their meal. They were silent, neither one knowing what to say. Kate knew Gibbs was a private person and didn’t want to say anything to make him feel uncomfortable. But to her surprise she started the conversation.
“Abby told me he was a surgeon” he started, referring to Kate’s date. Kate nodded a little surprised.
“Yeah, that’s why he keeps cancelling”
“Well stop trying. It’s his loss anyway” he said as he took a sip of wine and watched the blush spread across Kate’s face.
Gibbs walked Late to her car. He opened the door for her and she was about to get in when she hesitated.
“Do you want to come back for coffee?” she asked with hope in her eyes. Gibbs couldn’t help the smile that took over his face. He nodded his head.
“Sure”. He followed her back to her place and followed her up to her apartment. Gibbs was standing close behind her as she put the key in the door and opened the door. As soon as Kate had the door opened he pushed her in, swung the door closed and attacked her neck with kisses he pulled off her jacket and she turned around to face him. She looked up into his big blue eyes and without hesitation she crashed her lips to his in a hurried kiss. His hands tangled in her hair, pulling her mouth closer. Their tongues fought for control as Kate pulled Gibbs’ jacket off. She then tugged on his shirt and they broke apart so she could pull it over his head. She ran her hands over his broad chest, down his stomach and to the buckle of his bet. She pulled him by his belt over to the lounge and avoided his attempt at kissing her with a smile. She pushed him down onto the lounge, lifted her dress so she could straddle him. He ran his hands up the side of her bare thighs. She leaned her forehead against his and took a few calming breaths.
“Do you really want to do this?” she asked him. She felt his hands rise higher and squeeze her ass.
“I’m sure” he answered. A broad smile crossed Kate’s face.
“So what about you ru…” she was cut off by Gibbs’ tongue invading her mouth.
“No rules” he eventually answered.
“Good” she breathed as she reached back and pulled her zipper down and with Gibbs’ help lifted her dress over her head and threw it away. Gibbs paused a minute to take a look at what Kate really looks like. He ran a gentle, calloused hand along her collar bone and down her chest before attacking the bra-free skin of her breasts, making Kate release a small moan. Her hands ran through his short silver hair.
“Oh my god” came a voice. Gibbs snapped back and turned to where the voice came from. Kate’s eyes snapped open to the girl standing only a few meters away from them.
“Mila” she exclaimed.
“Sorry, I didn’t know you were bringing your date home. Plus I said I would be home by nine” the girl explained. Gibbs looked between the two, confusion and embarrassment clearly on his face. He squeezed Kate’s legs and she quickly looked at him.
“Uh…give us a minute” she said as she pointed to the hall, Mila obeying. Kate quickly got off Gibbs and headed in the same direction, but not before chucking Gibbs his shirt. Kate followed Mila into her room and closed the door.
“I thought you said he was a thirty something surgeon” Mila said first.
“He cancelled” Kate said. Mila was clearly confused.
“Then who was that?” she pointed in the direction of the lounge room.
“That’s my boss. He took me out instead” Kate quickly explained.
“And you’re making out with him because…” she asked almost sarcastically.
“None of your business. Now do you think you could give us some privacy?” Kate said.
“What, you’re not going to continue are you?” Mila asked with a disgusted face.
“Of course not. You ruined the moment” Kate turned for the door.
“Of course, blame the teenager for your drought” she replied sarcastically. Kate grabbed one of the soft toys off the dressing table and threw it at Mila who just laughed.
“If you’re going back out there you might want to put some clothes on” Mila suggested. Kate made a face before leaving, closing the door behind her. Kate stopped by at her room and grabbed her dressing gown before she headed back out to meet Gibbs. She found him on the lounge with his shirt back on.
“I’m so sorry about that” she said. Gibbs stood up to meet her.
“It’s ok. I should be going anyway” he said.
“But you haven’t even had your coffee yet” Kate said with a smile. Gibbs stared at her before finally giving in.
“Sure” he finally said and followed her to the kitchen. He took a seat on one of the stools as Kate readied the coffee machine.
“So are you going to explain?” he asked breaking the silence.
“You mean Mila?” Kate asked. Gibbs nodded. She turned around to face him and couldn’t help but give a chuckle at the explanation he had already come up with.
“No she isn’t. She is my 14 year old niece ” she explained. Gibbs relaxed a little bit.
“Her father, my brother, and mother were killed in a car accident four years ago” she started.
“And you got her because?”
“Because the others all had families of their own and didn’t have room for another. Me being the only single one with a spare room drew the short straw” she joked a little.
“Really?” he asked.
“No I actually volunteered to have her. We have a strong relationship. It just seemed right” she said placing a cup in front of Gibbs. He nodded.
“Clearly” he said lightly as he took a small sip. Kate smiled, but it soon faded.
“Look Gibbs, I am really sorry for what happened. I completely forgot that she” Kate started to apologize, again. Gibbs shook his head.
“It’s ok, but any later and I” he stopped himself before he said to much. He focused his eyes on the counter. Kate couldn’t get rid of the grin on her face. It wasn’t that hard to figure out what he was going to say. The silence was making him feel uncomfortable so he cleared his throat and got off the stool.
“I should go” he started. Kate just nodded and followed him out to the front door. He picked up his jacket and pulled it on. He opened the door and stepped out, then stopped. He turned around and smiled at Kate.
“Maybe next time we will get lucky” he said, leaned in and kissed her.
“Night Katie” he whispered then left. Kate groaned and closed the door.
“Mila!” she yelled in frustration.