- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs takes Kate out again.
Kate came back from lunch to find a bright yellow post it stuck to her computer screen. She sat down and peeled it off.
Meet in car park 1900.
Was all it had written on it. She smiled as she recognised the hand writing as Gibbs’. So she worked until seven and started to pack up her things and headed down to the car park. She saw Gibbs leaning against his car waiting for her.
“Your late” he stated as he got up to open the door for her.
“By two minutes” she said looking at her watch.
“Just get in the car” he tells her. She smiles and slides in.
He pulls up outside a brightly lit up fish and chip shop. Kate looks over at him.
“Very classy Gibbs” she said. He just smiled at her and got out of the car. She jumped out and followed him.
“Seafood basket ok with you?” he asked as he took a quick glance at the painted menu.
“Uh, yeah” she shrugged. He went in and ordered. He came out about 10 minutes later with two white paper parcels. He held out his hand for her to take.
“Come on” he said. She took his hand and liked the warmth his hand offered.
“We’re not eating here” she pointed to the plastic tables and chairs that were set around the shop. Gibbs looked back at her.
“No” he said shaking his head. He led her down a winding path and they passed other couples. He finally stopped at an empty bench that was situated in front of the river.
“Have a seat” he gestured. She sat down and took in the scenery. The moon shone on the river and the lamp lights also offered a yellow glow. Gibbs sat down and placed the food between them.
“This is so nice” Kate commented.
“Did you really think I would make you eat at that scummy shop” he said with a smile as he dripped lemon over the fish.
“I guess not” she smiled. They sat there eating enjoying each other’s company. Then something started to bug Kate and she couldn’t help but voice it.
“I know I was right” she said suddenly. Gibbs looked at her confused.
“About what?” he asked.
“About you being married four times” she said plainly. Gibbs took in a deep breath.
“Does it change anything?” he asked. Kate looked into his eyes. A smile crossed her lips.
“Nope” she said and leaned in and kissed him. He tasted like lemon and sea salt and she wanted more. She snaked an arm around his neck and moved closer to him. She slipped her tongue into his mouth and moaned into his mouth. Gibbs pulled back.
“I want to show you something” he said. She just nodded and he picked up the empty containers of their food and put them in the bin. He held his hand out to Kate again and waited for her to take it. She took it with a smile.
“What else do you have planned?” she asked. He answered with a crooked smile and kept walking.
They pulled up out the front of his. He helped her out of the car and led her up the path.
“You know it’s no safe returning home with lights off” she told him with a little laugh.
“Never had anyone to protect” he retorted as he opened the door and switched on the hallway light. Kate closed the door behind her and followed him down the hallway to the back of the house. He stopped to turn on another light that lit up the room. Kate looked out over the railing and saw what Gibbs was hiding.
“Oh my god. I thought it was just a myth” Kate gasped as Gibbs tugged her down the stairs.
“No. No it’s not” he said with a proud smile. Kate walked over to the big wooden structure and ran a gentle hand alone the smooth wood. Gibbs stood back and watched her admire his handy work.
“You built this by yourself?” she asked.
“Yep” he asked. Kate looked around the basement.
“No power tools?” she asked a little surprised. Gibbs shook his head.
“Nope”. This seemed to impress Kate even more as she turned back to the boat and continued to caress the smooth wood. Gibbs walked over to her and stood behind her. She felt his presence instantly and her breath stopped as she waited for his touch. He gently moved her hair aside and placed gentle kisses on her neck. He ran a hand down her back and the around to her front, resting on her stomach. She stopped touching the boat and reached her arm back to wrap around Gibbs’ neck and pulled him forward so their lips could touch. Gibbs spun her around and pressed his body up against hers, causing her to fall back into the boat. His tongue slipped into her mouth, wanting to taste her. Kate moaned into his mouth as she tugged his shirt free from his pants. His hands ran down her sides then up under shirt and grabbed her hips. He moved them to the other side of the basement and lifted Kate up onto the work bench. Kate spread her legs so for Gibbs and he stepped between her legs, pulling her to the edge of the bench. Kate wrapped her legs around him as he started undoing the buttons on her blouse. He moved his mouth alone her jaw line, then down her neck and collar before focusing on her breasts.
One hand was on the small of her back keeping her pressed against him while his free hand ran up the inside of her thigh making her shiver and gasp.
“Gibbs” she breathed as his hand went higher up her thigh. She pushed his jacket off and went to tug at his shirt when his cell phone started to ring. She felt Gibbs hesitate a moment.
“Ignore it” she told him and he went back to attacking her mouth. Soon enough the ringing stopped and his he ran a finger alone the out of Kate’s panties causing her to moan. Then her phone started to ring. This time Gibbs stopped and reached around Kate’s belt til he reached it.
“What?” he asked angrily. Kate sat the trying to gather up her breath.
“Uh, boss?” Tony asked.
“Is there something you wanted DiNozzo?” he asked as he ran a hand over Kate’s bare stomach.
“We’ve got a body boss. They couldn’t get a hold of you so I tried and no answer. Why do you have Kate’s phone?” Tony asked. He didn’t bother to answer him and just hung up. Gibbs just stood there for a moment.
“Everything ok?” Kate asked as she ran a hand through his hair.
“Got a case” was all he said. Kate felt like thumping something. She sighed and Gibbs stepped back and helped her down. She straightened her skirt and started to button up her blouse. She glanced at Gibbs who was leaning against the bench.
“Are you ok?” she asked. He turned to her, grabbed her hand and placed it on his groin and she could feel through his trousers his hard erection. She smiled to herself and took her hand away.
“I will wait for you upstairs” she told him and made her back up the stairs.