- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony decides that a guys night with McProbie is just what the doctor ordered to cure his boredom. He doesn't know is that he's about to get more than he's bargained for. DiNozzo/McGee. T for now, M for later.
Chapter Two

Tony chewed upon his lip as he rode the elevator up to NCIS, his hazel eyes watching each number change on the display and the knots in his stomach growing tighter and tighter. He had left McGee's house late the night before and they had been on really good terms. He had even given the geek a kiss goodnight-a long kiss goodnight-before leaving for his apartment. Neither had raised the questions that should have been asked. Would things be awkward at work now? Would they be able to work together? Was that it or was more meant to happen? What in the world had happened?

The elevator let out a resounding ding and it's doors opened to reveal his floor. Taking a deep breath, he squared his shoulders. He was an agent for the NCIS. There was no reason for him to feel anxious. Anxiety and stress were his bread and butter. Leaving the elevator, he headed toward his desk, his eyes glancing at Timothy's desk as he grew closer.

A frown spread upon his lips to find the chair at said desk empty and he took his own seat with a disappointed sigh. Ziva looked up from whatever it was she was doing, brow raised.

"Look what the dog dragged in," she said by way of greeting, a grin on her face.

"Cat," he replied, but without much enthusiasm. Ziva rolled her eyes and waved her hand with impatience.

"Whatever. What's got your stockings in knots?"

Tony just blinked at her. Sometimes he was completely taken back by the things that came out of her mouth.

"One," he said, his normal attitude returning due to the distraction. "I do not where stockings. Never have. Never well. Two. If I did, they would not be in knots and I'd look better than you ever could, David."

Ziva opened her mouth to speak but before she could get anything out, another voice filled the room.

"That could be arranged, DiNozzo but right now, take a look at this."

Leroy Jethro Gibbs nodded to the screen as he clicked a remote. The identification of an older marine appeared and the older man turned to his agents.

"Kenneth Varnes," he said. "He was found dead behind a Marine recruiting office. Part of him was, anyway. Another part was found on a Naval Base. There are still pieces missing. Get to work."

Gibbs passed them as the two rushed into action, but stopped as his eyes fell upon the desk devoid of a worker. His blue-gray eyes glanced between the other two.

"Where's McGee?"

Tony looked up in surprise. He had suspected that McGee was here, just helping out with Abby or doing something else that Gibbs had asked him to do. It never occurred to him that he was actually absent. He glanced at Ziva who shrugged at him before shaking her head at Gibbs. Tony shook his head at Gibbs as well.

"No idea, boss."

Gibbs did not look happy at the information and told Tony to find him. Tony balked at the order.

"Can't Ziva-"

"No, Ziva can't. When he gets in, I want a word."

"Right away, boss," Tony said, standing and rushing to the side, taking out his cell phone. He dialed the idiot's number but got the voicemail. Grumbling impatiently, he tried again with the same result. He could feel the start of a headache and lifted a hand to rub his forehead. He told Ziva that he would be back and took off, taking the elevator down, and rushing through the main lobby. Just as he was walking out the door, someone rushed in and collided with him. He spun and growled at the person.

"Of all the stupid-Tim?"

Timothy winced and rubbed his shoulder where they had impacted and blushed at the sound of Tony's voice.

"T-Tony," he said, looking away. "Hi."

Tony stared, disbelieving. "Hi? Hi! Everything that… well you know… and now you come in late and… all I get is 'hi'?"

The other looked up at him and swallowed hard. "Hello, Tony."

Tony grit his teeth together and shook his head.

"Fine, whatever. But you're late and the boss is pissed."

He took the other by the wrist and dragged him to the elevators, letting him go to press the up button. He stared at the little arrow on top, watching for it to light up. Tim rubbed the wrist that Tony had held and bit his lower lip. The elevator sounded and the two stepped into it. The moment the doors closed, the atmosphere in the elevator changed. Tony fidgeted and tried to keep professional but it wasn't long before he turned back to the other.

"What happened last night can't happen again."

Tim nodded, glancing at him once before staring at the doors again.

"Agreed. Never again."

Tony smiled and gave a decided nod before looking away, also finding interest in the doors.

A moment later, both men threw themselves at one another, kissing heatedly. The more logical part of their brains had them jumping apart just before the elevator doors opened to show NCIS. Blushing, McGee fixed his clothes and hair before rushing out of the elevator. Tony saw a smile on his face and couldn't keep from grinning as well. He straightened his clothes as he walked, running a hand through his hair. The grin must have still been present on his face when he reached his desk, because a moment later, Ziva commented on it.

"Glad to see your mood is better but we've still got work to do," she said, dark eyes twinkling with mischief. Or probably malice. She turned to McGee.

"Gibbs wants to see you," she said, looking apologetic, before returning to her work. Tony glanced at the other man and mouthed that he was sorry. McGee shrugged before smiling a smile that Tony was really beginning to love. The genius headed off to find their supervisor.

"Timothy looks happy."

Tony snapped out of his reverie of watching McGee leave and turned his attention to his partner.

"Huh?"

Ziva's grin became a smirk. "I said that Timothy looks happy. I wonder why. Any ideas?"

Tony forced his face to look indifferent. Shaking his head, he placed his attention upon his work.

"No idea. He's Tim. Who knows what it takes to make a guy like him happy?"

Ziva watched him and pursed his lips, snorting softly to herself.

Right. Who knew?

Unaware that Ziva watched him, Tony tried to put McGee out of his mind. Easier said than done since his mind was more than happy to replay the little make out session in the elevator for him. Still, he was able to get a hold of himself for long enough to get some work done, and by the time Gibbs returned, they had a name.

"Staff Sergeant Riker Noth," he said, puffing out his chest with a smirk at Ziva, who narrowed her eyes. Tony had to admit that he rather liked the competition between the two of them. It was refreshing and it served the extra purpose of keeping his mind off of McGee. Speaking of McGee, the man was at his desk and busy calling someone. Tony glanced away, turning his attention to Gibbs who crossed his arms, watching him expectantly.

"What about him, DiNozzo."

"Well, boss. It seems that he was the last one to leave the Marine recruiting station last night. He left later than usual. It seems he was meeting someone."

"Let's bring him in. McGee, you go with DiNozzo. Ziva, look through his files and talk to his superiors."

Timothy didn't seem too surprised by the fact that he was going with Tony. Tony, however, was very surprised with the news. Ziva looked surprised too, but laced with obvious amusement. When she caught Tony's eyes on her, she shrugged before waving with a grin.

"Alright, McNerd. Let's show them how it's done."

Tony took off, leaving McGee to follow behind, rolling his eyes. He waved at Ziva, who winked at him. A blush rose upon his face as he quickened his steps. It was just like her to tease him like this, but then again, he really shouldn't have expected any different. She and Abby had been the only ones on the team to not only know of his sexuality, but to also guess correctly that he had a bit of a crush on the self-acclaimed womanizer. Too bad he couldn't tell them that the womanizer was also into men. Or was it just him? No. There was no way that he could be that lucky.

"Come on, Tim. Double time."

Sighing, McGee shook his head as he hurried for the elevator that Tony held for them.

Or unlucky, he amended.
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own NCIS, Tony DiNozzo, or Timothy McGee. These are owned by the awesome creator of the show~

Dedicated to my awesome wife, who gave me the plot idea to start this fiction.

Note: Thank you all for the reviews and the complements. I do hope you continue to like this story.