- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony decides that a guys night with McProbie is just what the doctor ordered to cure his boredom. He doesn't know is that he's about to get more than he's bargained for. DiNozzo/McGee. T for now, M for later.
Chapter Three

Tony was all about attention to detail as they drove down the highway. He had driven to the part of town to which he and Tim were headed many times but never had the trip seemed to take so long. Several times he'd tried to speak up, to say anything, but those attempts were dashed when he realized that he really didn't have anything more to say. The one time that he did have something to say, and was quite proud of himself for doing so, the other man dashed that too when he said that they really needed to focus on the case. Tony nodded as if he had thought so as well, but inside, he felt as if he had just been punched in the gut. The first guy he'd ever gone as far as to make out with and already he was striking out. That did not do too well for his ego.

"I think this is it," Tim announced, looking down at his phone with the address to the Staff Sergeant's house. They had left the highway several minutes before and were headed down a quiet neighborhood street. The house McGee was referring to was blue with white trim and the address matched the one in their information. Tony gave a nod and a grunt as he pulled to the side of the road, parking. Getting out, the two headed toward the house and it wasn't until they were almost to the house that Tony realized he had purposely taken the lead to keep the other man out of harms way. Sure, he always took the lead since he was the team leader but this time it felt different. He wasn't sure he liked different.

"I'll go along back," McGee said and Tony felt a sudden rush of worry. He didn't want Tim to do anything but stay right behind him where he could watch out for his idiot ass. Ass. Shaking his thoughts, he narrowed hazel eyes at his friend before nodding, lips pursing slightly. This was their job and McGee was here to work just as much as he was. They'd all had the same training and he didn't think that McGee could get himself into that much trouble at a place like this. At least, he thought as he watched the other male walk away, his eyes sliding down his form a little further than they needed too, I hope that he can't.

Pulling out his gun, he pushed all thoughts of McGee out of his mind and started toward the house. He glanced around him, watching with diligence as he reached the house. Peaking in through the window, his body tensing as his eyes caught movement and shadows. He spoke into his microphone to his partner, hoping once again that McGee would be okay.

"He's in there, McGee. I didn't get a good look at him yet. Tell me what you can see."

"Alright." Silence fell and Tony continued to watch through the window, every second that passed without any word from Timothy making him more and more annoyed, not to mention anxious. Tony counted the seconds that ticked on until finally, miraculously, Tim's voice was speaking into his ear. "I can see him, Tony. It's Noth. He's unarmed but we can't guarantee for how long he'll stay that way."

"True. On my count then…" He shifted from the window, moving until he stood in front of the door. "One… two… three…" Tony kicked in the door and smiled to see Timothy on the other side of the house, looking well and in one piece. His eyes scanned the room as McGee looked around the kitchen. It became quite obvious that Noth was no longer with them. Nodding toward the hallway, Tony waited for McGee's responding nod before he headed down the indicated path. McGee had his back and they soon came up on the first room. Checking it, the room proved empty. Moving onto the next, they found Riker Noth sitting on the bed, his gun pointed at the two of them.

Without thinking, Tony stepped in front of Timothy, his hazel eyes narrowing in on the Marine. The man had short blond hair in a haircut a lot like the one Gibbs sported. His hazel eyes were wide, the only piece of evidence that gave away just how frightened the younger man was.

"We're not going to hurt you, Sergeant Noth," McGee promised from behind Tony. Tony would have rolled his eyes but they were busy making sure that this man didn't try to pull a fast one on them.

"Aha, that's if you cooperate," Tony added, amending his partner's promise. "Give us any trouble and we'll feed you to the wolves. You won't like the wolves, Sergeant Noth. I can promise you that."

Timothy pushed Tony aside and entered the room, sliding his gun into his holster. Tony watched him before returning his sharp gaze to the man.

"McGee, what are you doing?"

"Just watch my back, Tony."

Tony tried to take those words the way they were meant to be taken-in a completely professional and platonic manner-but it was proving completely difficult as his eyes shifted to McGee's backside. He reminded himself that if he didn't get a grip on his libido the it was very likely both he and McGee would be worm food before the day was done. That got his attention and his eyes were stuck on Noth like ticks on a dog. He glanced every little while at Timothy who was slowly advancing on the man who sat on the bed.

Noth's eyes were on Tim, who held out his hand in a manner that seemed to say I just want to talk, okay? McGee slowly crossed to the bed where he placed his hand on the other man's hand, whispering softly to him and slowly, amazingly, the man released the gun and McGee took it before moving away from Noth. Taking his cue, Tony crossed the room and pinned the other man to the bed, cuffing him with very little difficulty.

"Staff Sergeant Riker Noth, you are being brought in for questioning into the murder of Sergeant Major Kenneth Varnes. Let's go."

Timothy took the lead through the house and out the door, rushing across the street to open up the back of the van. Tony led their guest to the van and gave him a little push into the seat. McGee eyed him as he shut the door, causing the other to shrug, a small smirk crossing his face.

"What?"

McGee sighed and shook his head. "You enjoyed that a little too much."

"I did not!"

The other male just eyed him again, crossing his arms over his chest. This caused Tony to laugh.

"Fine, I might have enjoyed it a little." Tim rose a brow. "Alright, alright. So I enjoyed it a lot."

McGee laughed. "Unbelievable." With those words, he walked to the other side of the van and got inside.

Tony frowned. Getting into the car, he started it up before turning his attention to his partner. "What is? What's unbelievable, McProbious?"

"Nothing, DiNozzo. Just drive."

-------------

The drive back to headquarters was as quiet as the drive to Noth's house had been. No amount of pestering on Tony's part had gotten him any closer to finding out what Timothy had meant by unbelievable. He finally gave up trying about twenty minutes in and they reached headquarters about fifteen minutes later. Timothy was the first to get out, shutting his door before walking around the back of the van to get to the side door. He waited for Tony to finish fixing his hair in the rearview mirror before the man finally got out. Tony gave him another disbelieving look before he tugged open the door allowing Tony to take charge of their guest. Following the other men through the lobby, McGee was surprised to find himself wishing that he could walk that close to the other man. He then shook his head. He and Tony worked together and for a job that was very don't ask, don't tell, but we really mean don't be. There was no way that anything could ever happen and pretending there was would really only make the inevitable heartache all the more devastating. He really didn't need that.

"Come on, Timmy."

McGee glared at Tony before stepping onto the elevator. Together, the three of them rode the elevator to their floor. When the doors opened, Tony stepped off first, tugging Noth along with him. Timothy followed behind.

"Welcome to NCIS, Sergeant Noth. I do hope you enjoy your stay here, but somehow, I doubt it." Someone came to take charge of the man, showing him to the questioning room. Tony made his way to his desk, falling into his chair and stretching. McGee crossed over to his desk, his eyes darting from Tony and back to his desk. When he reached it, he took a seat and began to take up work that had been left for him.

"I take it everything went well here," he heard Tony ask Ziva. He forced himself to not look at them, but listening, listening was fine.

"Yeah, nothing happened much," Ziva answered. "Oh but Timothy."

Tim looked up, his green eyes meeting Ziva's dark ones. His brows raised, a question in his eyes.

"A gentleman called for you. I left his number on your desk. I told him that you would call him back."

Timothy blinked at this information. Ziva blinked before she returned to work that was apparently interesting. He turned his attention to Tony whose expression was more confusing than the call and the wink put together. If he had to give a name to a look like that it would have been… oh, damn.

That look. He knew it well.

Jealousy.

He smiled softly at the other before turning his attention to his desk. He scanned it, looking around and finally giving up. There was no paper with any number to be found anywhere. When he looked up, however, his eyes found Tony's and Tony's eyes were anything but welcoming.

"So, who's this guy then, McGee?" he asked, his voice low. If he wasn't mistaken, it also had a bit of a growl to it. This caused him to shiver as he shook his head.

"I… I don't know… I can't find the number," he admitted. He was also beginning to think that the number, and the guy, had never existed.

"Well, that's all the better," Tony said, leaning in closer, his hazel eyes flashing. "Because you and I have plans."

"We-we do?"

"Yes, we do. I just don't know what they are yet… but I will know soon, so don't make any plans."

"Um… okay."

"Good." The look in Tony's gaze softened and he smiled. He then patted McGee upon the head, the latter making a face and frowning. As he watched Tony saunter-saunter!-back to his desk, his eyes glanced at Ziva, whose eye met his and winked once more.

Oh. Now he understood.

Ziva David had a hand in this now.

Well, wasn't that just great.
Chapter End Notes:
I do apologize for the delay on Chapter 3. I've been busy but Chapter 4 should not take as long but please, readers, do leave a quick review if you are enjoying this so that I can know that posting it up here is not a waste of time. Without further ado, enjoy~