- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is a romance has expanding on in the NC-17 area in the next chapter. This one can be considered PG. So if you object to the adult material please don't read the second chapter. Warned! I don't own any of these characters and no money is being made from this.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs see Kate in a new light as Kate has second thoughts about her path
They had decided to all go out for a drink.
Kate was preoccupied all day.
What was going on with her? he thought.
She quietly slipped away from the group. He watched as she slowly walked over to the dance floor. It almost seemed as if her feet weren't touching the ground, she was graceful. She was compelled by some force unseen, he could tell by the way she was drawn to the open floor.

Noise was all around him. The conversations of others, the laugher, glasses being set down on the bar, the soft tinkling of ice cubes and then the music under scoring it all. Had anyone else noticed what was happening not more than 10 ft away from them on the dance floor?

The dance floor was dimly lit, the music was louder and there she stood alone. Her eyes closed and it was if her body just slowly filled up with the vibrations of the music and she moved. Unselfconsciously she swayed lifting her arms gently while turning. It was as if she started to flow on top of each wave of sound. She had completely become one with each note, each beat, each melodic lift and descent her body in total harmony.

She was possessed and he was mesmerized. He had never seen her so beautiful.

Gibbs watched as he saw a few people put down their drinks and stop their conversations to watch her.

There is a time in every relationship when you think you know everything about someone and then they do something so uncharacteristic and you wonder if you really knew them at all. Gibbs knew this one of those times.

That was not the Kate he knew. This was a side to her he had never met.
This Kate was alluring, sexy and showed a vulnerability he had never seen before.
Her soft chestnut hair seemed wilder tonight. Her lips fuller. He took more notice of her figure as her hips swayed with the music.
She aroused him.
Kate, this Kate, where have you been hiding?

Then she stopped moving. the song had ended. She turned slowly and walked over and lifted the jacket she had left on a chair. She wrapped it around her and, not looking back at her fellow workers, she walked out the back door of the bar.

It was cold outside winter was in full swing. She could hear the snow crunching beneath her feet as she quietly walked towards her home. Alone with her thoughts. Thoughts which were sadly nostalgic for something lost along the way.
When had she decided that following a career had been more important than the laughter of children and the warmth of a kiss from the man she loved. Tonight more than any other she wanted that.

Then she heard someone come up behind her. She wasn't sure but his footsteps sounded familiar to her. She was on her guard just the same.

Then his voice as he came up along side her.
"Kate" he spoke softly as he neared her. "You OK?"

He took her arm when he reached her and turned her towards him so he could see her face. It was wet as if she had been crying.
She quickly wiped the tears away with her hands. "Yes, yes I'm fine."

He just stood there watching her with concern. His eyes were searching her face.
"I gotta say Kate, that's not very convincing" as his eyes got darker with questions.

She looked in his eyes for a while just trying to keep up a front not knowing what to say next.

Then he said gently "Its Ok whatever it is, you can tell me"

That did it, she crumbled in front of him. "I'm sorry Gibbs its just that I'm having one of those days when all I really want in life is to be wrapped up in someones arms and loved, just loved."

And then, "When did that become secondary and this…this …" she was almost afraid to say it…job... become the most important thing in my world"
and with that she felt she had said too much and she started walking again.

Gibbs knew. He knew exactly where she was coming from. It was the reason he had almost not come out of his coma during Desert Storm after his wife and child died.
And at this moment, looking at her, he felt the same as she.

He grabbed her arm and turned her around. He pulled her close to him.
She looked up at him and saw something she thought she had no right to wish for but there it was in his eyes. He desired her, he needed her.
And it was more. He knew her and she knew him and this wasn't just a passing feeling of lust. They had both wanted it for a while.

He leaned down close to her face and whispered "Kate" and then he kissed her. A long, warm, passionate, wet kiss sending her reeling.
When they broke for air he said in a husky voice full of desire "Come home with me tonight."
She managed to shake her head yes and then he led her to his car.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a romance I am thinking about expanding on in the NC-17 area. If anyone would like to see it go in that direction drop me a line. Its complete for now.

I don't own any of these characters and no money is being made from this.