- Text Size +
**Chapter Six - Right Round** Flo’Rida

**One Week Later - January 10, 2014**

"You're seriously gonna force me to have a bachelor party?"

Abby chuckled, shaking her head. "I hardly thought you'd fight having one."

"I just don't need one." He explained, stirring the spaghetti sauce he was cooking. "Why would I wanna look at strippers all night when I get to come home to you?"

Bradley gagged teasingly, chuckling as he leaned over to his wife. "We weren't like that, were we?"

"Oh yeah you were." The Goth called over her shoulder. "There were plenty of times I wanted to lose my lunch listenin' to you two planning your wedding."

"Oh trust me, little sister...I wanted a bachelor party." He grinned, stepping into the kitchen and smacking Tony upside the head. "So quit complainin'. Your girl is practically beggin' you to go. Oblige her, if only for my sake."

Tony sighed heavily, turning around and leaning against the counter. "Guess I'll take one for the team then." He whined, rolling his eyes and flinching when his girl punched his shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?"

"You think you're gettin' brownie points for denying that you want a bachelor party?"

"Maybe." He teased. "You know you're the only person I'm interested in gettin' brownie points from."

It was Abby's turn to roll her eyes playfully as she reached up and pressed a kiss to his lips. Though she pretended to be irritated with her soon-to-be husband, Abby was glad that he was back to his normal playful self. It had been a long week following Emma's disastrous birthday party, as Jack had completely shut down and Tony had thrown himself into his work, even more so than he usually did.

As an agent, he saw awful things on a day to day basis, but none of them had gotten him quite so worked up as the shooting in the parking garage had. At least, not to the point where he brought it home with him every night.

She'd almost been relieved when the case had been passed to another team. They'd been pulled off after a military brat had gone missing and thankfully, Lewis' team had decided that Jack was telling the truth. The boy hadn't seen anything that day in the parking garage and the family was free to resume their lives.

Joining her sister-in-law in the kitchen, she elbowed her husband in the side. "Now don't go thinkin' that just because Abby's bein' understanding, that I will be." She teased. "I better not find out you're lookin' at strippers."

"Exotic dancers." He retorted, tipping her chin up to kiss her. "And you know I only have eyes for you, baby."

"See? This is what I was talkin' about, BB. You guys think Tony and I are bad."

"We're allowed. We've been married for 20 years."

"Okay, you two, break it up. Dinner's served." He said, dumping the fresh pasta into a serving bowl and covering it with the sauce. "Where are the kids?"

The Goth pulled plates down out of the cabinet and moved over to set the dinner table. "Em and Jeremy are in the living room playing and Jackie's upstairs on his computer."

"He already said he wasn't hungry." Britty offered, stepping into the adjoining room to get the toddlers ready to eat. "I'll take him a plate later on if he wants."

The Italian glanced toward the stairs wearily as he made his way over to the table, only to be stopped by his girl's soft hand on his arm. "Hey. He's 15. Just...don't let it bug you, okay? Not on the first day off you've had in over a week."

"Abby..."

"Don't. Please, Tony. Don't do this. Can we just enjoy the time we have off? You're already not gonna have more than a couple days off between now and the wedding."

"That's so I can get the time off to take you to Italy. Unless you don't wanna go..." He shrugged.

Her eyes widened as she pressed her finger to his lips. "That...is not what I said."

"Uh huh. That's what I thought." He chuckled. "C'mon, let's eat."

The group took their seats at the kitchen table and had a pleasant conversation, talking about everything from work to the wedding preparations. As soon as they were done, the boys took the dishes into the kitchen and loaded up the dishwasher before meeting their significant others in the living room where they were waiting along with their children.

"Alright...who wants ice cream?"

"Ice c'eam!" Emma and Jeremy cried, clapping their hands.

"That's two." Tony grinned. "Girls?"

Abby shook her head. "No thanks...gotta keep my weight down if I'm gonna fit into that dress."

"Hah." Britty snorted, looking between the raven-haired woman and her fiance. "Tony should be watchin' his figure. You've always been rail-thin."

"Hey!" The agent pouted. "I've been workin' out!"

"Yes, baby...you certainly have. And you've been givin' me some...very good workout tips."

"I'm not even touchin' that." Bradley said, ducking back into the kitchen to get ice cream for the toddlers.

Rolling her eyes at her brother, Abby wrapped her arms around Tony's waist, offering him a bright smile as she pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "Maybe we can uh...work out later? If you're feeling up to it. We wanna make sure you'll fit in your tux, after all," she teased, pinching his side before she pulled away with a laugh.

"Not nice, Sciuto. Not nice at all."

"Daddy! I can have frinkles on my ice c'eam?"

"You want sprinkles? I don't know. Better ask Uncle Bradley."

Dropping her head back against the cushion, Emma called out to her uncle. "UNCLE BRA'LEY!"

"You've got quite the set of lungs on you, huh, Emma-girl?" The sandy-haired man chuckled, walking back into the kitchen with two bowls of ice cream, one covered in sprinkles and the other with chocolate syrup.

"Frinkles!" She beamed, accepting the ice cream from him. "T'ank you!"

"Which movie are we watchin' tonight?" Tony asked, browsing his extensive DVD collection as he grinned at the toddlers eating their ice cream enthusiastically.

"Mo'sters!" Both of the kids exclaimed, their little faces covered in ice cream.

"Okay. That's good with everyone? Monster's Inc?"

Bradley and Britty nodded, relaxing with each other on the couch as he put the movie into the player. Making his way over to the loveseat, he grabbed Abby around the waist and pulled her down with him before pinching her ass, making her jump.

"Tony!" She hissed, her cheeks turning pink with slight embarrassment as she eyed her brother and sister-in-law, who were pretending they hadn't seen it.

He laughed, holding her close despite her attempts to get away. "What? I'm not allowed to play?" He asked, nipping her neck gently.

She managed to hold back her quiet moan the first time he nipped her, but she wasn't so lucky the second and third times, releasing the little sounds against her will. Her lover chuckled, continuing to nibble on her neck and earlobe, smirking at the slight noises she made.

"Okay, you two." Bradley said, eying them carefully. "The ass-pinching, I can ignore. The moaning and writhing around, not so much."

"Bradley!" His wife chuckled, elbowing him playfully. "Leave 'em alone. They're in love."

"They need to get a room." He teased.

The Italian stopped his attack on Abby's neck and looked up, a devilish smirk on his face. "Ooh, that's a good idea. Could you guys..."

"Watch Emma and make sure she gets to bed?" Britty finished. "Of course."

"Thanks." He grinned, lifting his girl into his arms despite her protests and taking off for the stairs. The long-married couple shook their heads as they watched them go to their bedroom, smiling when the door shut behind them.

"Why don't we ever do that anymore?" The redhead asked, snuggling against her husband.

He frowned, pulling her closer to him and tipping her chin up. "I'll make it up to you, baby."

"Promise?"

Ducking his head, he pressed a deep kiss to her lips, smiling against her. "Promise."

**Two Weeks Later - January 20, 2014**

"Uh huh. Yeah. 3 o'clock, yeah."

Tony shook his head as he listened to Bradley talking on the phone, making last minute arrangements for the bachelor party that was taking place that afternoon.

"Yeah...got it. Thanks!" Snapping the phone closed between his fingers, Bradley jumped up from his place at the kitchen table, a grin on his face.

"You're in for it tonight, man."

"Oh God." Tony groaned, dropping his head back against the chair.

"Don't even try to act like you aren't excited. I know you, DiNozzo. You're gonna be in heaven tonight."

"Until you get me home and there's hell to pay." The Italian muttered, though he couldn't stop the grin from forming on his face.

The older man chuckled, clapping him on the shoulder. "She can't get too mad, she did practically force you to have this party."

"That's only because she doesn't wanna feel guilty for the male strippers she's gonna have at hers."

"Daddy, wha's a male s'ipper?" Emma asked, skipping into the kitchen and stopping next to her father's chair.

"Uh..." He started, looking to Bradley for help only to have him walk away. "It's something you'll find out about when you're older. Much, much older."

"Hope you're not teaching our daughter about things she shouldn't know about." Abby said, entering the kitchen and lifting the little girl into her arms before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Of course not. Now, if we had a son instead, I wouldn't be able to promise that." He smirked.

The Goth rolled her eyes. "You're gonna pay for that one, DiNozzo." Leaning down, she sat Emma on the ground, sending her into the living room. "And just so you know, T...I'm not having any strippers at my party."

"Uh huh. Sure you're not."

"We're not." Britty said, cocking her eyebrow at the Italian. "We're having a pleasure party."

The brunette coughed, his eyes widening as he choked on his glass of water. "A...pleasure party?"

"Oh yeah." She teased, leaning over and whispering his ear. "A pleasure party."

"Where are the order forms? I've got a couple things I'd like to pick up."

The women looked at each other and chuckled as the doorbell rang, alerting them to the babysitter arriving. "Sitter's here. Time to go, Abs. We don't wanna be late."

The raven-haired woman made her way over to the door and pulled it open, revealing the blonde teenager that was Emma's babysitter. "Hey Renee. Thanks for coming."

"It's not a problem, Miss Abby." She smiled sweetly, stepping into the house.

"Just Abby, Renee. You make me feel like a schoolteacher when you call me 'Miss'. This is my sister-in-law, Britty. Tony and my brother Bradley are in the kitchen, and Emma is in the living room with her cousin Jeremy."

The girl nodded, following her into the living room and standing in the doorway as the Goth said goodbye to her daughter. "You be good for Renee, missy. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay Mommy. Love you!" Emma grinned, hugging her mother's legs. "Daddy go too?"

"Yep. Daddy has a party too. We'll both be back before you go to bed tonight." She reassured her, leaning down and kissing her forehead. "Tony, you gonna come say goodbye?"

The Italian sauntered into the living room, grinning cheekily at his lover. "You think I was just gonna let you go without reminding you who you're comin' home to?" He teased, cupping her face in his hands and pressing a gentle kiss to her lips. "I love you." He whispered, brushing a thumb over her cheek. "See you tonight?"

"You know it. Don't you boys have too much fun, okay?"

"We won't Mama!" Bradley called sarcastically, taking another sip of his beer.

Rolling her eyes at her brother, Abby pecked Tony's lips once more. "Have a good time. Be careful and I'll see you tonight."

"Later, baby." The Italian grinned, watching as his girl and her sister-in-law left the house before he turned to Renee. "Thanks again for comin' by tonight, hon."

"Oh...uh...it's...it's not a problem, Agent DiNozzo." The teenager blushed, offering him a shy smile.

"It's Tony, Renee." He reminded her with a wink before he lifted Emma into his arms, kissing her cheek. "Why don't you and Jer take Renee upstairs and introduce her to Jackie, huh?"

"You come see JJ, 'Nee?" Emma asked hopefully, holding her arms out for the teenager.

"Um...sure, sweetie." Renee said, pulling Emma from Tony's arms. Her face flushed even more when she accidentally brushed Tony's hand. "Oh! I'm...I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry about it." Tony chuckled, unable to hide his smirk when the girl practically ran to the stairs, Emma in her arms and Jeremy in tow.

"Wow, they start early with you, huh?" Bradley snickered.

"Don't know what you're talkin' about."

"Oh, c'mon! That girl practically wet herself when you looked at her. How old is she? 12?"

"Almost 16. And she's been sitting for Em since she was 6 months old." He explained, sitting back down at the kitchen table. "She's been comin' around the office for years with her dad."

The older man nodded. "Britty would never agree to have a pretty little thing like her sit for the kids."

The Italian scoffed. "Abby's the one who found her. She was doin' some 'Take Your Daughter To Work' Day with her dad and he took her down to the lab. Just so happened that night we needed a sitter."

The doorbell rang a moment later, and Tony stood up, heading to the door and opening it to find McGee standing there, a wide grin on his face.

"So, today's the day, huh?"

"Guess so. Bradley's in the kitchen. I just gotta head upstairs and tell Renee that we're leaving."

The younger agent headed into the kitchen, seeing Bradley pulling shot glasses and a small bottle of Jagermeister out of the cabinet above the refrigerator.

"Hey there, McGee." He greeted, pouring the liquid into the glasses and handing one to him. "Here you go."

Tony made his way back down the stairs and into the kitchen when Bradley shoved a shot glass into his hand. "A shot for the road. When's the cab gettin' here?"

"I called when I pulled up outside, it should be here in a few minutes." McGee said, looking down at the shot in his hand.

"What, McGee?" Bradley asked, cocking an eyebrow at the younger man. "Never seen a shot of Jager before?"

"Uh...yeah, of course."

"Don't lie to the man, Probie." The Italian chuckled.

He paled slightly, looking between the two older men. "The...the girls aren't actually gonna get...naked, right? I mean...they're gonna keep some clothes on?"

They looked at each other before turning back to McGee. "You've never been to a bachelor party either?"

"I...once. But...it wasn't at a strip club."

"So...you've never been to a bachelor party, Probie." Tony teased, slapping the younger man on the shoulder.

"Okay, okay. Knock it off." The sandy-haired man said, holding his glass up. "To a night of debauchery."

McGee and Bradley immediately tipped their shots back, downing them quickly only to groan as the liquid burned down their throats. Laughing quietly at the two men, Tony hesitated slightly, eying the drink with caution. It had been awhile since he'd had anything stronger to drink than a beer. In fact, the last time had been when Abby was still pregnant with Emma.

"C'mon, Tony." Bradley taunted, nudging the younger man after sensing his hesitation. "Nobody's gonna let you get into too much trouble tonight."

Glancing at McGee for confirmation, Tony released a quiet sigh before he lifted the shot to his lips, downing it quickly. The last time he'd drank, he'd gotten himself into a lot of trouble with his girl, though he knew that as long as his friends had his back, he'd be okay.

**Five Hours Later - 1800 Hours**

"So, then my dad had to go to some security review thing, so your Uncle offered to take me around the building. He was super nice..."

Jack dropped his head back against the couch cushion as he allowed the teenage girl's voice fade away in his head. He had been listening to her talk about his Uncle Tony for the last hour or so, and while he thought she was pretty, the sound of her voice was beginning to grate on his nerves.

He pushed himself up from the couch and stretched his arms above his head, pulling the kinks out of his back.

"What's the matter, Jack?" Renee asked, taking a sip of her soda. "The kids are almost asleep, we could watch a different movie if you want."

As if on cue, Jeremy's head came off the couch cushion it was resting on and he began bawling loudly, calling for his mother. Picking him up, Renee cradled him close to her chest, rocking him back and forth as she restarted the movie.

"It's cool. I'm gonna go for a run. I'll be back."

"JJ! S'ay wit' me!" Emma cried, hopping off the couch and grabbing her cousin's leg. "P'ease?"

Lifting the three year-old into his arms, he brushed her curls back and offered her a smile. "I'll be right back, okay? Just be good for Renee."

"I go wit' you?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"No, Mimi. You stay here, okay? You know what you can do for me? You help Renee with Jer, alright?"

The toddler nodded, a slight frown on her face as he set her back down on the ground and headed for the door to pull his shoes on. Setting Jeremy on the couch, Renee stood up and followed him, placing a hand on his arm as he reached for the handle.

"I don't think you should go out, Jack. Abby and Tony said that we were supposed to stay in."

"I'm not goin' far. Just for a little run around the neighborhood. I'll be back in 20 minutes." He assured her, pulling the door open.

Stepping out into the chilly evening air, Jack shivered slightly before he walked off of the porch. Making his way down to the end of the sidewalk before he broke into a jog, closing his eyes as he breathed in deeply, coughing slightly when the cold air burned his lungs.

He made his way around the block a few times at a steady pace, trying to wear himself out before heading back to the house. He wanted to have an excuse to head upstairs and relax, not wanting to deal with Renee any more.

Rounding the corner onto their street one last time, he noticed a car he didn't recognize parked right down the street from the house. Shrugging it off, he started moving a little faster, wanting to get inside. As he approached the house, he saw the dark sedan start its engine and pull away from the curb, heading toward him.

He tried to bolt across the street toward the house, making it halfway across the street before the car sped up, catching his leg as he dove out of the way.

Jack hit the ground hard, his face and arm scraping across the pavement. Lifting his head as much as he could despite the pain he was feeling in his arm and leg, he saw the car pulling away at top speed before turning the corner at the end of the block.

Dropping his head back to the pavement, he could hear a voice calling out to him, seemingly getting further away as the darkness took over his sight and he lost consciousness.

**Cafe Soleil - Abby's Bridal Shower**

"Ooh, Abs, look at these cuffs. I bet they'd be better than using the ones Tony uses at work all the time." Britty said, holding up a pair of black leather handcuffs.

Abby smirked, shaking her head. "He's got a spare pair that we use. Besides, I doubt he'd appreciate those, he takes pride in his cuff marks."

"Huh. I didn't peg Tony for a sub. Well, you learn somethin' new every day, I guess."

"He loves bein' tied up. Not sure why, but he does." The Goth's phone started ringing in her pocket and she pulled it out, recognizing the number on the caller ID as the house number. "I gotta get this, I'll be right back."

Stepping out of the private room in the back of the restaurant, she flipped the phone open and answered it. "Hello?"

"Abby! It...it's Renee. I...I...I..."

"Renee, sweetheart, calm down." She tried, hearing both Jeremy and Emma crying loudly in the background. "What's goin' on? Are the kids okay?"

She heard the teenager take a deep breath before trying to answer again, her voice still shaking uncontrollably. "J...Jack...he got hit...I told him not to go out, but he didn't listen..."

"Hit? By what? Where did he go?"

"He...he went for a...for a run. Shhh...Em, it's okay. Abby...I...I called 911, they're on the way..."

Abby felt her blood run cold. Stifling a gasp, she closed her eyes against the tears that had already formed and took a deep breath, trying to control herself. "Okay honey. You listen to me, okay? When they pick Jackie up, I want you to go back inside and you wait. Someone will be there shortly, okay? I promise."

"O...okay. Okay. I'm s...so s...sorry."

"This isn't your fault, honey. I'm going to hang up now but I promise, someone will be there soon."

"Please tell them to h...hurry." The teenager pleaded before she disconnected the call.

Snapping the phone closed between her fingers, a sob escaped the Goth as she hurried back into the party.

"Wait until you see what Ziva is ordering for McGee." Britty giggled, missing the look on her sister-in-law's face. "I think it would make even Tony blush."

"Abby?" Ziva asked, her face contorting into a look of concern at her friend's tears. "What is wrong?"

"We have to go." She said, her voice wavering slightly.

"What? Why?" Britty asked, startling slightly at her friend's tear-stained cheeks. "What happened? What the hell did those idiots do now?" She asked, her temper flaring.

"There's been an accident, B. We need to go."

"What?" She gasped. "What the hell happened? I thought they were taking a cab!"

"Not...not the boys."

"Then...?"

"Jack."

The redhead paused, the shock of the Goth's announcement leaving her at a loss for words. "No...no, no, no! He's home! With the babies!"

"He went for a run. Renee doesn't know exactly what happened, but we've gotta go." She said, helping the slightly older woman to her feet as Ziva followed them out to Abby's car.

"I'm gonna go drop you at the hospital, B, then I'll go get the babies, alright?"

"I will go and sit with Emma and Jeremy if you would like." Ziva offered. "Would you like me to take Renee home?"

"Thanks, Zee. Really." Abby said, giving the Israeli a hug. "I'm gonna try to get ahold of the boys now, I'm sure Lewis is there with them. Hopefully he's not too drunk to go pick his daughter up." She said, pulling out her phone after getting Britty into the Explorer. "Just...I'll call you when we get to the hospital, okay?"

She nodded, taking off down the street to her own car. Abby climbed into the driver's seat and started heading toward the hospital, calling Tony, Bradley, Gibbs and McGee multiple times each with no answer.

Sighing heavily, she turned around and headed for the strip club where the bachelor party was being held, knowing that they would probably be upset at her for crashing it, but she needed to tell her fiance and brother what was going on.

**Club 55 - Tony's Bachelor Party**

Gibbs watched from the corner of the private room as the men whooped and whistled at the attractive brunette who was giving Tony a lapdance. His senior agent certainly seemed to be enjoying it, his hands resting lightly on the dancer's slender hips as she ground herself against him.

There was a fast knocking at the door, followed by Abby coming into the room, sending all the men who were sober enough to notice into a stunned silence. She rolled her eyes and started making her way over to her soon-to-be husband, when Gibbs jumped up and pulled her aside.

"Abs, what's goin' on?"

"Jack's been in an accident. He...he got hit by a car."

The older man was silent as he pulled the forensic specialist close to him, wrapping her in a hug. He didn't miss the tears on her cheeks or the way her voice trembled slightly when she spoke.

"I'm assuming you came to get DiNozzo and your brother, right?" He asked, glancing over at the Italian, who was still enthralled with his lapdance. "DiNozzo!"

Bradley's head jerked up, his eyes as wide as saucers when he saw his sister standing next to Gibbs. Reaching over, he smacked the younger man upside the head, pointing toward the door.
"You're so busted."

Tony followed his gaze to find his fiancee looking at him expectantly. He practically shoved the dancer off of his lap as he stood up, making his way over to his lover. "Abby...I...I can explain."

She held her hand up, signaling for him to stop talking. "I don't wanna hear it right now. Jack's in the hospital, we have to go."

"What?" Bradley asked, stumbling towards his sister. "What did you just say?"

"Jackie got hurt! We have to go now!"

Not needing to be told twice, Bradley pushed passed his girl and her fiance, making his way towards the door while Gibbs filled the rest of the party goers in on what was happening.

Stepping out into the cool night air, Bradley made his way drunkenly to the car, trying desperately to make his body cooperate with his brain as he pulled the door open, surprised to find Britty in the back seat.

"Baby?"

Despite her attempts to control her emotions, once Britty caught sight of her husband she couldn't help but sob audibly. She reached out for him, allowing him to wrap her up in his embrace.

"S'kay, baby. Jack'll be fine." He slurred, making an attempt to reassure her.

The redhead pulled away and socked him in the shoulder, smelling the alcohol on his breath. "You're fuckin' drunk! I can't believe you."

"I...I 'sat a bach'lor party, B."

She scoffed, turning away from him as Abby and Tony climbed into the car. The drive to the hospital was uncomfortable to say the least, with both of the men slightly embarrassed with the state they were in.

Pulling up in front of the hospital, Abby deposited her brother and sister-in-law in front of the emergency exit while she'll parked the car.

"Wha'...wha' 'xactly happened?" Tony asked, cursing himself for how stupid he sounded. He was trying desperately to clear his head, but it was to no avail.

"I don't...I don't know." Abby responded, her voice hoarse as she tried to hold herself together. She'd been trying to keep it together for Britty's sake, but now that the redhead was out of the car, she could feel her mask slipping. "Renee was practically...hysterical on the phone."

"'M sorry, baby." Tony managed.

Forcing a smile, she leaned over and pecked his cheek. "Not your fault. C'mon, let's go see if there's any news on Jackie."

Making their way into the emergency room, Tony flashed his badge and they were quickly led back to where their nephew was being kept. They stopped outside of the teenager's room, watching as Britty stood next to his bed, running her fingers through her son's hair while Bradley sat in the corner, his head in his hands.

Jack was still unconscious, various tubes and IV's hooked up to his body and for a brief moment, Abby wondered if that was all that was keeping him alive. The Italian took her hand in his and squeezed it, letting her know that he was there.

Looking up at him, the Goth gave a sad smile before releasing his hand and making her way over to the bed. The older man continued to stand in the doorway, watching as his girl made an attempt to calm her sister-in-law down when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh." He said, turning around to see his boss standing behind him. "Hey Gibbs."

"How's he doin', DiNozzo?"

"I...uh, I don' know, Boss. Gon' haveta ask Abs."

"Ah." The silver-haired man said, handing him a cup of coffee and nudging him toward the waiting room. "Go sit down. You need to sober up."

"On it." He said, saluting the older man with his left hand. "'M gon' sit."

Gibbs shook his head as he walked into the teenager's room, moving over to where Abby was standing and placing a gentle hand on her back.

"How's he doin'?"

"He hasn't come around yet." She said, allowing herself to be comforted by his hand rubbing her shoulders. "The doctors said that his injuries aren't permanent."

"That's good news."

She nodded, watching her nephew sadly as she continued to hold Britty's hand. "Where's Tony?"

"Out in the waiting room, sobering up. Got a coffee for Bradley too, if he's interested." He said, offering the cup to the younger man.

"Thanks." He mumbled miserably, taking the cup.

"Not a problem." Gibbs said, kissing the forensic specialist on the head. "I'll be outside if you need anything."

Retreating from the hospital room, Gibbs pinched the bridge of his nose as he made his way to the waiting room where he'd sent his Senior Field Agent.

"How's he doin', boss?" Tony slurred from where he was slumped against the wall, cup of coffee nearly empty in his hand.

"Still the same." Gibbs muttered, sinking down into a chair opposite him. His gut had gone into overdrive since the Goth had crashed the bachelor party, and now, he had a gnawing feeling that there was something more to this than a standard hit and run.

"Excuse me? Are you the family of Jack Sciuto?"

Glancing up at the sound of the voice, Gibbs was met by two uniformed officers, both rookies by the looks of them. This would be easy. Pushing himself to his feet, he removed his badge, flashing it quickly before returning it to his belt.

"His immediate family's back in the room with him. What can you tell me about the accident?"

"We don't know much, sir. Our detectives are still processing the scene. We were hoping to speak with Jack and get a statement from him."

"Gonna have to wait. He's not awake yet."

"Wha' happened t'Jack?" Tony asked from the corner, earning himself a wry smile from Gibbs.

"I'm afraid I can't..."

"Cut the bullshit." Gibbs growled. "This may be related to a case that my agency is workin'. You said you don't know much, tell me what you do know."

"There were reports of a black sedan speeding away from the scene. No evidence of skid marks, the detectives don't think the car tried to stop before hitting the boy."

He groaned, running a hand through his short hair before glancing back at his senior agent. "I'm gonna need copies of your preliminary report and the names of the detectives workin' the scene."

"I...I'll have to talk to my sergeant, sir."

"Then do it. Now!" He growled, watching as the rookie cops took off down the hallway. Sitting back down in the chair, he glanced over to Jack's room, surprised when he saw Abby making her way over to him.

"Why was Metro here?" She asked. "Did they find out what happened?"

"No. Those idiots didn't know any more than we do. Looks intentional, but I already had that one figured out."

"Who would do this, Gibbs? Why would someone want to hurt Jack?"

He frowned, his gut clenching at the younger woman's question. He had a sinking feeling the supposed 'accident' that Jack had been victim to had something to do with the murder that had taken place in the parking garage 7 weeks earlier, but he didn't want to frighten her with that prospect.

"I don't know, Abs." He said, pulling her into a gentle hug. "We'll find out. I promise."
Chapter End Notes:
"Right 'Round" by Flo'Rida