- Text Size +
Chapter 4

Ziva returned to the car in the hospital parking lot and got into the driver's side.

"It is done." Ziva stated.

"He believes you?" Tim asked.

"I think that he does." Ziva stated.

"You THINK?" Tim asked, raising his voice slightly. "My future is riding on this, and you THINK?"

"He was joggy when I talked to him." Ziva explained. "He seemed to understand and agree. And it is not just YOUR future."

"It's groggy and he had better." Tim sighed, leaning back against the seat. "For both our sakes, he had better."

NCIS NCIS NCIS

Jimmy arrived in the ER waiting room just minutes after Tony had been taken into surgery. Dr. Mallard had sent him upon hearing to Tony's being shot. He was in the middle of an autopsy and could not leave. Ducky had mainly wanted to know if Tony's lungs had been affected in any way so he would know if he should call Dr. Pitt to consult.

Jimmy first approached Tim and Ziva, who were sitting in the waiting room. They appeared so deep in conversation that they did not noticed him. Jimmy had been about to turn and leave them. He would search for Gibbs instead. Then he heard something that stopped him in his tracks. He heard Ziva say they had to destroy the wiretap.

Jimmy knew Tony had worn a wire. He had given Gibbs the tape, himself, that had been used to secure the wire to Tony's chest. Jimmy shuddered involuntarily, and suddenly he felt he had heard something he never should have. He felt he was invading someone's privacy. He went back to the entrance and turned, coming in again, in case Tim or Ziva noticed this time. They did not. Jimmy saw Gibbs when he came back in. He waited for Gibbs to speak to Ziva and Tim and send them on his way. He then asked Gibbs about Tony's condition. Jimmy then saw another med student he had classes with, and they chatted briefly. The student let him in to see Tony, and that was all he did. He could see Tony was still groggy and he left quickly.

Jimmy was at the ICU nurses station when he saw Ziva enter Tony's room. She didn't seem like she wanted to be noticed, so he turned his back to her for just a moment. He knew, in his scrubs, he would blend in with the rest of the staff. When he turned around again he saw her leaning over Tony's bed. She appeared to be talking to him. Jimmy turned his back to her again when he saw Ziva leave moments later.

Jimmy had no clue of the significance of what he had just seen and heard. He dismissed both incidences, and they were nearly forgotten by the time he returned to NCIS.

TBC