- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
When Ziva is kidnapped by an escaped mental patient, Tony risks his life to save her while Gibbs and McGee make preparations to get Ziva to safety. But, little do they know about what Ziva has been through.
"Wake up!" shouted a voice in Ziva's ear.

Ziva's eyes fluttered open and she jumped in surprise when she saw the woman from Bethesda's psych ward that had been clinging to McGee each time they had visited one of the doctors.

"What do you want from me Melissa?" asked Ziva.

"The truth about your case. I know that I'm a suspect in it. I want to know why," replied Melissa.

"You won't get the truth from me. Now, let me go Melissa."

Melissa walked up to Ziva and for a moment, Ziva was sure that Melissa was going to free her. However, instead of freeing Ziva, Melissa punched Ziva in the face. Ziva felt her nose break as blood poured out. She started to go dizzy and, within seconds, her vision had gone black. She was unconscious.

*NCIS HQ*

"Where's Ziva?" asked Gibbs.

"No idea boss. She hasn't answered any of her phones," said Tony. He was worried.

"Boss, I got a GPS signal on Ziva's phone. It places her phone at 21 Falmouth Way, Virginia East," said McGee.

"Let's go," replied Gibbs.

McGee and Tony both stood up and followed their boss to the elevator. Tony was still worried and he had unconsciously started dreaming up nasty things that may have happened to Ziva.

*Warehouse*

Ziva opened her eyes to find that she was alone. Looking around, Ziva saw that she was being held in a warehouse that was full of crates. Looking at the nearest crate, Ziva read the warnings. They were all in Arabic and they all said the same thing: Death to America. Ziva looked away from the crate and found herself wishing that Tony was there to save her.

*21 Falmouth Way*

"Okay, we're here. Spread out, look around and don't be afraid to shoot if you have too. Remember though, if Ziva is here, we can't let her get hurt," said Gibbs in a calm voice. He was scared.

Tony and McGee ran around to the back of the house and peeked through the windows. They couldn't see anyone. After nodding to each other and pulling out their guns, the two guys burst through the back door, checking each room as they went. After determining that the house was clear, Gibbs, McGee and Tony returned to the car. They were all scared but didn't want to be the first to admit it.

*Warehouse*

Ziva jumped at the sound of a door slamming. She looked up and saw Melissa rushing forward.

"Looks like my plan is working. They found your phone and checked out the house but didn't find anything useful. It might be a while before your friends find you Agent David," said Melissa. She sounded gleeful.

As Melissa turned around to pick up a knife, her phone fell out of her pocket and onto Ziva's foot. As quietly as she could, Ziva bent down and moved her hand as best as she could while being tied up. With a bit of manoeuvring, she was able to grab the phone and hide it behind her back before Melissa turned around again.