- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva wakes up in hospital.
Ziva woke up to find herself in a dark room. At first, she thought that Melissa had moved her to another warehouse but after looking around, Ziva determined that she was in the hospital. There were monitors all around her bed and they were all beeping constantly. She could feel electrodes stuck to her chest with wires attached to them. She had a white clip on her finger and a blood pressure cuff was wrapped around her arm. There was a needle in her hand that was connected to a tube. The tube was connected to a bag that was full of a clear liquid. A tube had been placed at her nose and was sending oxygen into her.

A heavy weight was on Ziva's arm, leg and stomach. Looking down, she realised that the weights were just bandages that had been placed over her wounds. Stitches had been placed onto the cut on Ziva's face. When Ziva turned her head, she noticed that Tony was sitting in a chair, fast asleep. He was holding Ziva's hand. Ziva moved her hand slightly and Tony woke up. He took one look at his friend and a smile appeared on his face.

"Welcome back angel," said Tony.

"Thanks Tony. How long have I been in here?" asked Ziva.

"About a week. You had surgery when you were brought in. That took two hours. Then you were put in here. This is the ICU by the way."

"Oh, thanks. Tony, I heard your voice in that warehouse. Were you there?"

"Yeah, at the end. Why?"

"I was just wondering. I love you Tony."

She hadn't meant to tell Tony that she loved him. It had just slipped out. However, she knew that she had done the right thing by telling him. The look on his face was understanding.

"I love you too sweetie."