- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I do not own NCIS or its characters, only the plot.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone messed up the pizza order; Tony is not happy.
Tony glared balefully at the box of pizza sitting on his desk. He’d been called back in to Interrogation just before it was delivered, and either Ziva or McGee hadn’t checked the pizza when it was delivered.

It was healthy pizza.

Someone had mixed up his order-the usual pepperoni, sausage, and extra cheese for a roast beef, extra spinach, extra mushroom, tomato, and provolone monstrosity. Normally Tony would have called Giovanni’s and told them about the mix-up, but they had closed more than an hour ago. There would be no one there to answer his call, and it was such a small thing to call Joe over, and certainly not worth calling him at home.

Sighing, Tony decided to just eat the pizza. It was too late to have another delivered, and over the past two weeks, he’d had various other types of take-out ad nauseum, as Ducky would say. Besides, he hadn’t eaten since his very early lunch"leftover Thai from last night"and that was more than thirteen hours ago.

Tony flopped down at his desk and pulled out a slice of the pizza. Resigned to his fate of this healthy crap, he took a bite and froze.

It was wonderful. Heavenly. Better even than his favorite.

It was all he could do to not devour the slice in two bites- if it hadn’t been for his reputation, DiNozzo would have inhaled the whole pie right then.

Making a show of being disgusted, Tony ate two slices slowly. It was less than his usual four, but the team would expect him to eat less of the healthy pizza simply because it wasn’t his usual.

After sticking the box on top of the filing cabinet, Tony bit out the expected line about taking it home so he could call Joe in the morning and complain about the mix-up. It wasn’t the truth, but appearances mattered. Tony couldn’t have the team seeing past his shallow façade, after all.

Four hours later, Tony was finally home. The case had been solved to everyone’s satisfaction, especially since a drug ring operating at Pax River had been shut down. Tony intended to reward himself and his lover for a job well done by sharing some of that pizza"in bed.

Tony grinned when his lover copped to the pizza mix-up.

“Ducky’s been talking again about how Abby is the healthiest eater besides him, and that’s taking her Caf-POW! habit into account. He mentioned that this pizza is pretty good, and after I had a bite of his, I knew you’d love it. And I know you loved it,” he said with a smile.

After a wonderful pizza-flavored kiss, Tony began devising ways to thank his lover. After all, getting him a pizza this good deserved quite the thank-you…
Chapter End Notes:
I do not own NCIS or its characters, only the plot.