- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The team have 'gifts' and someone from Gibbs past comes for a vengeance.
One... Two... Three... Gibbs counted off in his head. He paced his breathing while he ran after the suspect. Jump.. He leapt over the waist high fence using one hand as a pole-vault. He landed softly on his feet and kept running. His marine Instincts were taking over the chase. His mind calculated each step the man took. Out of nowhere a flash of black came out and smashed into the running man. He smiled knowing who it was that had tackled the suspect at breakneck speed. The tackled and tackler tumbled across the asphalt. The tackler had the suspect held under his body, and was holding the man's face against the asphalt.
"Tony." he called as he stopped a few feet away from him.
"Yeah Boss?"
"Come 'ere." he whistled. Tony got up after another push against the suspects head. He jogged back towards Gibbs. He glanced at Tony's eyes, they were a soft yellow. He blinked and shook his head.
"Sorry." he said sheepishly. His eyes were back to their hazel.
"It's okay." Gibbs smiled then smoothed down the skewed hairs on Tony's head. Gibbs walked over to the suspect, cuffed him, and then whispered in his ear, "That's what you get when you run."

After then man was arrested for the murder of petty officer Renolds, the team was gathered in the bullpen.
"Good work everyone." Gibbs said as he made his way towards the elevator. "You coming DiNozzo?"
"Yes Boss!" Tony said grabbing his jacket. In the elevator Gibbs switched the power off and grabbed Tony's shirt. He was pushed roughly against the wall. Gibbs leaned in and kissed Tony roughly.
"You did good Tony. I'm glad I got to you before someone else did." He grinned and Kissed him again, this time softer and more pationately. Gibbs leaned back breathed in a deep breath and smiled. "Glad I have you."
"Glad you have me too." Tony said with a mischievous smile. "Did you sense anything with that McGee kid?"
"Yeah... Strong." Gibbs said as he started the elevator power up again. Gibbs, along with the rest of the team had some sort special abilities, 'gifts' you could call them. Gibbs could sense abilities in people, Tony could adapt aspects of animal life, Kate could profile a person just by looking at them. Ducky could do an autopsy in half the time a regular ME could, and Abby could sense chemicals in the air. After meeting McGee, Gibbs knew that he was worth more than a desk jockey.
"That's good, we going to hire him?"
"Hope so." Gibbs said as he walked towards his car. Tony stiffened next to him and grabbed his sleeve.
"Stop, I smell explosives." He smelled the air, and looked back at Gibbs. "On your car. Stay here." Tony ran to the car and looked beneath it. He saw the glowing red countdown. 10 seconds... he scrambled away from the car and grabbed Gibbs' arm pulling him away. "Get down!" he yelled and pulled Gibbs down onto the ground with him. The car exploded into hundreds of bits of shrapnel.
"Tony? You okay?" Gibbs asked as pulled the young agent to his feet.
"Yeah." he combed his fingers through his hair.
"Uh Agent Gibbs?" one of the security guards was holstering his gun.
"We're good. Just a little accidental explosion."

After hours of paperwork and reports Gibbs was finally able to pull Tony out of the office and back to his house. As soon as they were in the door Gibbs had DiNozzo pushed against the wall. Tony groaned as Gibbs bit his earlobe and worked at the buttons on his shirt. He nibbled down Tony's neck and then over his collar bones as he slipped the button up shirt down the man's shoulders.
"Jethro, what if they try to kill you again?" Tony said while Gibbs breathed against his neck.
"Then I kick their asses for endangering my agents and my Tony." Tony grinned again and pulled Gibbs up the stairs and into his bedroom.

"Tony! Tony! Wake up Damnit! Tony!" Gibbs shook Tony roughly. His eyes cracked open and then he coughed. Smoke filled his lungs and he coughed again. "We need to leave!" he grabbed Tony by the arm and heaved him upwards. He carried Tony down the stairs and out the door. He was popped down onto the grass. "Here." he handed Tony one of his white t-shirts. It was 4 in the morning and the house was up in flames.
"What happened?" he asked as the police sirens blared in the background.
"Mister Gibbs?" one of the officers asked.
"Yeah?"
"Is there anyone else in the house?"
"No." he said.
"Jethro? Did that person do this?"
"I think so Tony." he said pulling his cellphone out of his pocket.

It was days later that Gibbs had a lady in the interogation room. She was a red head, with angry green eyes. She was watching Gibbs with hatred in her eyes.
"Deandra, you did this didn't you?" Gibbs looked at her neutrally.
"Did he die? That young Mr. DiNozzo?" she growled through her teeth. Gibbs grimaced. She smiled and got a wicked glint in her eyes. "Yes Leroy, I set your house on fire. And the bomb don't forget."
"Why?" Gibbs asked.
"Really? You have to ask why? You broke up with me for a- a- queer and a freak!" she screamed. Gibbs looks surprised.
"Not a freak Deandra and he's definitely not a queer." Gibbs stood and left. The police arrested her.

"Thank God that's over." Tony leaned back on Gibbs' couch with a glass of bourbon in his hand.
"Mhmm." Gibbs grunted. His shirt was unbuttoned at the top and his pants rested loosely on his hips. Tony's shirt was unbuttoned and his pants were tight. Gibbs glanced over at his agent and smiled. He was glad that he was safe, and that his Ex was arrested.