- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva is given poison and has only one chance to survive. In an attempt to help his newest agent, Gibbs, believing that he is giving Ziva the antidote, ends up making her worse.
***NCIS SQUAD ROOM***

“Guys, meet Diane Sterling. She’s Victor’s husband and will be helping us with this case. What have you got so far?” asked Gibbs.

“Footage from a warehouse in Anacostia. Victor is the one on the floor. He was definitely kidnapped boss,” said Tony.

“Okay, Tony, McGee, take Mrs. Sterling to the conference room and get a statement. Ziva, you're coming with me and Fornell."

Ziva stood up and followed her boss out to his car.

***LABORATORY***

"Ziva, go right, Fornell, go left. I'm going straight. Be careful guys," whispered Gibbs.

Ziva turned right and quietly made her way around the lab. It was dark and quiet. Suddenly, Ziva felt a sharp pain in her head as she fell to the floor. Her hand hit a bench and a glass beaker dropped onto the floor. It made a loud clatter as it smashed on the floor. Ziva turned her head and saw her attacker, a young man with a long scar on the side of his face. The young man bent down next to Ziva and jabbed a needle into her arm. He injected a bright green liquid and then left.

A few minutes later, Gibbs came running around the bench and knelt down next to his newest agent. Ziva was gasping for breath and the injection sight had started to swell up. It was already bruised and bleeding. Gibbs lifted Ziva's head onto his leg while she tried to form a sentence.

"Hey, it's okay Ziva. You're okay. Here, thanks Fornell, the antidote is here," said Gibbs.

When Gibbs looked down, Ziva was staring at the syringe in his hand with wide eyes and she was shaking her head furiously. Gibbs reassured her that she would be okay and injected the liquid. Immediately, Ziva's body went into shock and she started to shake.

"Ziva!" shouted Gibbs. There was no response. "Fornell, what is this?"

"I thought it was the antidote. Victor gave it to me," replied Fornell.

"Call an ambulance. I can't take her out of here until she stops shaking but she needs oxygen."

Fornell pulled out his phone while Gibbs gently laid Ziva's head on the ground again. She was shaking violently now.

***Bethesda Naval Hospital***

"What have you got?" asked a male doctor that had rushed over to the paramedics and Gibbs.

"Twenty-seven year old female. She's had two doses of rat killer. The second was an accident. She was shaking violently when we arrived. She was also unconscious. Her body went into shock. We've given her a high amount of oxygen to bring her out of the shock," replied a paramedic.

The doctor helped the three men wheel Ziva into the ER, where Gibbs was forgotten while the doctor and a group of nurses were busy trying to wake up Ziva.

After five minutes of not getting a response, the doctor put an oxygen tube into Ziva's throat and took her to the intensive care unit.