- Text Size +
Tony awoke with a start. He had been dreaming about Ziva when he felt a small squeeze on his hand. Looking up, Tony saw that Ziva was trying to open her eyes.

"Ziva, wake up," said Tony.

After a few minutes, Ziva's eyes opened and Tony smiled. Ziva turned her head to look at Tony.

"Hey, welcome back. I'll be right back. I'm just going to get the nurse," said Tony.

Ziva's eyes followed Tony until he closed the door behind him. When he came back five minutes later, her eyes followed him to the seat next to her bed. She then turned her attention to the nurse that had come in after Tony.

"Hi Ziva. Let's get this out for you," said the nurse. She removed the tube from Ziva's mouth. She placed an oxygen tube under Ziva's nose. "I'm Jessie. How are you feeling?"

"I'm tired and my head hurts," whispered Ziva.

"Okay. Let's get you another pillow so you can relax and rest. I want you to try and sleep until the morning. When your doctor gets here in the morning, she'll be able to help you. I'll give you some painkillers for your headache." The nurse injected some pain medication into Ziva's IV and then left.

"How long have I been in here Tony?" asked Ziva.

"A week and two days. Do you remember what happened?" asked Tony.

"Yes, he injected poison into me. Gibbs did too but he didn't mean it."

"Okay sweetie. Oh, Ziva, I need to tell you something. I love you Ziva."

"I love you too Tony."

A few minutes later, Ziva was fast asleep with a smile on her face. Tony took hold of Ziva's hand again and closed his eyes.
Chapter End Notes:
It's been a week since the end of the last chapter.