- Text Size +
13/10/09

Dear diary,

Gibbs surprised me this afternoon. More than once. First, after being interrogated for most of the day, he told me that he loves me and that I'm like a daughter to him. He said that I'm special and that anyone who says otherwise is stupid.

The second surprise came at the end of the day. I was watching Tony and McGee fighting over who is going to do the paperwork. It should have been Tony since he had cheated but they continued to argue. Tony had then said that he wasn't going to do the paperwork and McGee decided not to as well. They dumped the large pile of folders on my desk and went to their respective desks. I was shocked. Then, Gibbs had walked in and dumped two small objects on top of the folders. He looked at me and told me to get to work but there was a smile on his face. I looked down at the objects and saw that Gibbs hadn't just been making fun of me when he called me Agent David. I was a probationary agent. The only thing stopping me from being a proper field agent was the fact that I wasn't an American citizen.

I was really happy. I still am and I can't wait for next week.



25/5/10

Dear diary,

I'm a citizen now. I know I should be happy but I'm not. I don't know why Gibbs didn't come. He was really excited to see me happy and he had promised to come to my citizenship ceremony. I tried calling him but I only got his voice mail.

Tony didn't come either. I know that it was because of Vance. I also know that Mike Franks took over for Tony so that Tony could come over and be with me for a while.

I'm also slightly angry with Vance. Although he came to the ceremony, he made Tony work. I wanted everyone there to show that I'm really happy to be American. That hasn't happened.

I suppose that over time, I'll be happy again but that seems like a long way away.