- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The hunt for Gibbs is on as the team deals with the loss of a friend, and lover.
The rest of the team had left the hospital still wondering where Gibbs was. He still wasn't answering his phone and Vance had even called Fornell in to see if he could help find Gibbs. Fornell had tried all of Gibbs regular hang outs but wasn't successful. They put our a BOLO on him and hadn't heard anything on it yet.
When they got back to NCIS they had a bunch of reports to finish so Ziva and Tony began to work on them.
Ziva jumped up and headed down to Abby's lab to update her on what had happened. When she got there Abby was knee deep in work.
“Hey Abby. I thought you might want to know that Gibbs has disappeared and we can't seem to find him anywhere. You heard about Tim right?”
“I heard about Tim. I'm just surprised that Gibbs wasn't there when it happened. You would think he would want to be for that. I just don't know whats gotten into him lately. We all know how he feels about Timmy but sometimes he just seems to be so cold and heartless to him. I mean, don't take me wrong, I love Gibbs but sometimes its like he doesn't care about Tim. Even though I know he loves him more than he has loved anyone but Shannon and Kelly that is.”
“We have a BOLO out on him and asked the LEO's to keep an eye out for his car. Right now thats all we can do. I just wish I knew what happened to him is all.”
Just as Abby was about to say something her phone and Ziva's rang.
“Ziva get up here right away and bring Abby.” Tony demanded hanging up on the two women.
Ziva and Abby rushed up the stairs not taking the time to wait on the elevator. Burst into the bullpen just as Vance was coming down the stairs and Ducky and Palmer were exiting the elevator.
“I just got word that Gibbs car was found at the hospital but there was no sign of him. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that someone has taken Gibbs or that for some unknown reason he just disappeared. We need to get ahold of Mike and see if he went to Mexico for some reason and if not get him up here to help locate Gibbs. If anyone can find that man its Mike.” Vance said.
“Director Vance I might be able to help. I know of a few places Jethroe might go if he is upset as much as I think he is about Tim.” Ducky suggested.
“Go then and check them out.” Vance said.
“The rest of you I want you to finish those reports and if anything, anything at all comes to mind let me know.”
They returned to work but got very little done. They were worried about Gibbs. They knew that what had happened to Tim had hit him hard. They knew that being the man he was he wouldn't let his feeling out.
They knew something bad had happened they could just feel it in their bones. Yet what they didn't know. Had someone kidnapped him and if so who, why, and when. What purpose could they have for getting him out of the way. Was he to close to catching the men that did that to McGee? Was it someone who wanted to punish him and make him hurt? Why Gibbs and why now?
They were both lost in their own thoughts when suddenly it hit Ziva.
“ I think I know where Gibbs might have went.” She yelled.
She quickly picked up the phone and dialed Gibbs dad's number.
“Hello Mr. Gibbs this is Ziva David. I was wondering if you had heard from your son or seen him lately?”
“No Ziva I haven't seen or talked to him since he called me and told me about himself and young McGee. Why is something wrong?”
“ No sir. It's just...... well he seems to be missing and I thought he might have come to see you or at least talk to you so I thought you might know where he might be.”
“I'm sorry Ziva but I haven't seen or heard from him since then. When you see him would you let him know that I think that young McGee is the right person for him. Tell him I love them both and expect to see them both for the holidays.”
“I will tell him sir. Thank you very much. I know they both will be pleased.” Ziva said hanging up the phone. She didn't have the heart to tell him what had happened to Tim. She knew it would only serve to break his heart and worry him about Jethroe. She knew how much McGee meant to Gibb's dad. He had watched his son change and he knew that McGee was the reason. They would sooner or later have to tell him. She knew how much he cared about Tim and Jethroe. It seemed that for a long time McGee was and has been the only one Gibbs took home to meet his father. That meant a lot to the old man. Gibbs had closed himself off and Tim had shown him the way to open himself back up. He loved McGee for that, because this young man had done what no one else had been able to do for his son. And for that he loved Tim. Jackson Gibbs thought highly of Tim and Ziva couldn't bare to hurt him any more. After all the man had lost his son and the man that his son loved. Even though Jackson didn't know all of this. Ziva knew the kind of hurt that this would inflict on the gentle man.
All of their emotions were in turmoil because of this. Even Tony was quiet. She knew how much he loved and cared about McGee and even Gibbs though he wouldn't admit it. Tony knew how much she loved Gibbs and how she felt like McGee was a brother that she never had. They both were hurting over this and they both wanted to bring these monsters in and if Vance would let her she would show them what pain and humiliation was all about. She would enjoy making these bastards suffer, for what they had done to her brother, her Tim. Not only what they did to him but to Gibbs. She had seen how tender and loving Gibbs had become with Tim and vice versa. She know how much Tim loved Gibbs and now that was all over. The pain and anger welled up inside her as her emotions and heart were tormented over this.
Meanwhile Tony was on the phone to Mike Franks in Mexico.


“Mike this is special agent DiNozzo. I don't know if you remember me or not but I am one of Gibbs people and we/he needs your help. We think he might have been kidnapped. We need your help finding him. Director Vance is the one that said I should call you and get your help.”
“Son what the hell has Probie gotten himself into?”Franks asked.
“ Well sir its mostly a private matter and I won't discuss it on an unsecured line, besided it would be better that you hear it in person and see whats been going on than for me to tell you.”
“ Alright son I will come and help you find that Probie of mine. But when I get there I expect a full briefing on the situation. I see you soon.” Mike said hanging up on Tony. Wondering to himself what the hell Gibbs had gotten himself into. Dam fool.
Gibbs had alluded to having someone new in his life maybe she had gotten him into some kind of trouble it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.
He began to pack what little he would need for his trip back into the states and called his wing man to be ready to go in an hour. Telling him that he was needed back in the states to help an old friend. If Gibbs had went to ground then he had a pretty good idea where to start looking. It was the one place no one would ever think to look. The last time Probie had went missing this is where he found him. Lost, alone, and beating himself up. Maybe just maybe the lady friend of his had hurt him bad enough to go back there. The place was not for the faint of heart. Mike knew this is where Gibbs would go when he was hurting this bad. He knew the Gunny could take care of himself yet even he needed help sometimes. If it was, as that young pup of an agent DiNozzo suspected, that Gibbs was kidnapped then maybe this new love of his was behind it or a case they were working on went sour. He would find out and take the appropriate action. In just a few hours he would find out what the hell was going on and find his Probie.
As soon as Mike landed he was meant by an NCIS escort to take him to headquarters. Mike didn't like it but he accepted it any way. Once there he was led to a conference room, where Gibbs team was waiting for him along with Vance.
“Thanks for coming Mike. I know we have had our differences but this situation requires your special touch. If you get my meaning?” Vance informed him.
They all knew what he meant. The one thing that bothered Mike was the absence of one of the team. But he kept quiet, figuring he would find out about him later.
“Why do you think this needs my special touch Leon?”
“After you see what we are about to show you I will explain. But first watch this.”
Leon asked.
Mike watched in horror at what was done to McGee and several other men. After Leon turned off the screen Mike shook his head. Anger coloring his voice as he asked, “ Do you know who that poor bastard was in that first video?”
“As a matter of fact we do. Thats the problem and one of the reasons we need your help. We all know him and unfortunately so do you Mike.” Leon said quietly.

“Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like what I am about tho hear Leon. Why does this involve NCIS? Isn't this something the locals should be handling? Why isn't that hotshot computer geek of yours here? Seems like he is missing this briefing.” The rage at what was done to these men was boiling up inside Mike and he was ready to explode. He was afraid of the answer he was going to get from Leon. Already deep down knowing what it was going to be but he wanted and needed to hear it from Leon.
“The young man your refered to as our computer geek, is Agent Timothy McGee. As for the reason he isn't here is because the first victim that you saw was in fact him. He was laying in the hospital up until yesterday. Now he is gone. We lost him Mike. What these animals did to him drove him over the edge. He saw this and decided to end his life. That is the reason that young man isn't here today. He is only one of the reasons your here. The other is Gibbs disappearance. Thats the reason its an NCIS case we have identified a couple of other victims as military personal and at least two of the perpetrators. The only problem we have is they are being protected by some very powerful people and we can't move against them. Now do you see why we need your special touch? We want all the players and what happens to this garbage thats hurt one of our own is up to you. I just want the names and evidence to ruin these men.
The last time Gibbs was seen he was headed to the hospital to check on McGee thats when he vanished. We think that maybe the same men that did that to McGee might have taken Gibbs to stop the investigation. They maybe planning on doing the same thing to him as they did to McGee. We need to find him and fast. I have the names of the perps. In my office that we have identified. We need your help Mike. Will you help us?” Leon asked.
“Now why in the hell wouldn't I help you. Not only is my Probie missing but after what they did to that poor kid you bet I will help. I liked McGee he was a good agent.” Mike explained. “What I don't understand is why is my Probie so concerned about this kid? I mean yes he is a good agent and all and a nice kid, but is there something you all are not telling me? If I am going to do this I want to know everything. I would usually do something like this alone but if you don't want these men dead right away then you better send someone with me to make sure that doesn't happen. If your going to send someone with me it better be this young lady here.” Mike said pointing at Ziva. “ I will need her special talents and after she is done all she has to do is walk away. I'll do the rest.” Mike finished. Waiting for Leons answer and Ziva's.
“ I will help you Mr. Franks. As you said my unique talents will come in handy and I would like to take a little payback on the animals that did this to McGee.” Ziva was only to glad to help. For once she would get to hurt those that hurt the ones she loved and cared about. As for letting this animal be taken care of, she was only to glad to do it herself. She planned on making sure this bastard would suffer for what he and the other did to her Tim.
“Since you will be helping Mr .Franks I am going to need your badge and sidearm. Thank you for volunteering. One more thing agent David I need you to do?”
Leon said.
“What is that Director Vance?”
“I need you to hit me.”
“What....”
“Please just do it.”
“Yes sir!” So Ziva punched him right in the eye.
“Agent David you are hereby suspended for striking a superior.” Vance yelled making sure that he was heard through out the building as much as possible.
“When this mission is completed you will be cleared of the charges and reinstated. From this point on what you and Mr. Franks do is completely up to you both. Do no contact this office or anyone here for any reason. Do you understand?” Leon said quietly.
“Yes Director I do. Thank you for this opportunity.” Ziva said with a smile.
“Now back to work all of you?” “ You two follow me to my office we will finish this briefing there without anyone listening or interruptions.
They all returned to work. Ziva and Mike followed Leon to his office. Once inside Leon turned off all listening and recording devices. Locked the door and directed them to take a seat.
“Mike you know what happened to McGee. What you don't know is why Gibbs is so concerned about him. Gibbs and McGee are lovers They have been ever since McGee was raped and dumped.” Leon said quietly.
Mike just sat there stunned and speechless for a moment. “ What your telling me is the my Probie/Gibbs is a faggot?” Mike practically yelled.
Leon sighed, “ No Mike that isn't what I am telling you. What I am telling you is that Gibbs and McGee love each other. Neither one of them has ever been with another man until now. Just because they fell in love doesn't mean they are gay. It just means that McGee finally melted Gibbs heart and McGee finally let someone in that wouldn't hurt him. In matters of the heart, when it comes to love we don't get to choose who we fall in love with Mike.”
“Are you okay with this Leon?” Mike asked not sure if he was or not. He thought he knew Gibbs really well but he guessed that boy of his still had some surprises left.
“I'm fine with it and so is his team. Since they have been together Gibbs has been the happiest I have ever seen him. They are just two lonely people who found comfort in each other, someone to love and be loved by, someone to share the rest of their lives with. As for the fact they are both men well that just means they have something special to offer each other. Are you going to be alright with this Mike?”
“Well when you put it that way as long as they both are happy who am I to judge or stand in their way.”
“Good now that thats settled. I have a little going away present for the two of you.” Leon said reaching under his desk and pulling out a black satchel. Inside is everything you need if there is something else you want or need use the phone inside to contact me and me alone. Its untraceable. I want you to update me daily and if you need help just let me know.”
“Director I thought we weren't supposed to contact you or anyone else at NCIS.” Ziva asked with a puzzled look on her face.
“That was for everyone else's benefit. Now when your finished your mission destroy everything I don't want any thing being traced back to you all. I don't care how you destroy it just do it and make sure no little tidbits left. Do I make myself clear.” Leon growled.
They both nodded. Mike set the bag down and opened it to see what was inside and was shocked at the assortment of weapons and other things that were inside. Including some very special things he knew Ziva would need including a set of exact replicas of her throwing knives.
Mike looked up at Leon and whistled. “You weren't kidding about what you said earlier. I think we have everything we need right here.”
Grinning Ziva nodded her acknowledgment as well. Silently picking up the bag she headed towards the door.
“Good luck you two and I hope you enjoy your trip to the mountains.” Leon said as he stood and walked to the door unlocking it.
“Thank you Director. It means a lot to me to be able to do this for McGee and Gibbs. I don't know how to thank you.” Ziva said smiling as she whispered her parting words in Leon's ear. Leon just smiled as he watched them leave.
Mike and Ziva left without a word ignoring the looks they received from Ziva's coworkers. They took with them the names of the perpetrator's that they had been able to identify so far. It wouldn't be long before they had the rest of them either. They took with them the hopes and prayers that they would find Gibbs alive and unharmed. Their wasn't much they could do for Tim now that he was gone. All that was left was revenge for their fallen comrade, friend and lover. Their was still a chance to save Gibbs all they had to do was find him in time. Little did they know that he was in good hands.