- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs makes a mistake and one agent pays a high price for it.
Gibbs sat at his desk along with DiNozzo and David going over the evidence again. He had sent McGee out hours ago for a dinner run. The case they were working was taking a toll on everyone. Especially McGee. Earlier in the day Gibbs had reamed the young man out for screwing up. Without thinking he had said some really harsh words to the young agent. They had all screwed up on this case but he had taken everything out on McGee. He was furious and the young man had taken the brunt of his anger and said nothing in his own defense. He just stood there eyes downcast as Gibbs used him as his whipping boy just like he did all the time. They all did. Gibbs was lost in his thoughts until Tony's stomach growling brought him back to reality.
“Where is McGee. He should have been back by now?” Tony wondered aloud.
“Your right Tony.” Ziva said glancing at the clock on the wall. “He should have been back hours ago.”
“He'll be back when he gets back DiNozzo. He probably just needs some time to think and clear his head. Just get something from vending till he gets back.” Gibbs growled. There was something wrong and Gibbs had a bad feeling but the case was more important than the feelings of one agent even if that agent was McGee. Diving back into the case he lost himself in his own thoughts and the evidence.
Tony and Ziva just looked at each other at Gibbs declaration. Thinking nothing of it they got up and went to the vending machines. Each lost in their own thoughts.
Suddenly Ziva said “ Gibbs was pretty hard on McGee. I never heard him say things like that to him or to anyone before. Tony I don't feel good about this. I think there's something wrong. I can't put my finger on it but McGee has never disappeared like this before and it worries me. What do you think is going on between those two. I have never seen Gibbs act that way towards McGee and it wasn't just him that screwed up it was all of us. But he took everything out on McGee. That wasn't right.”

“Your right Ziva I to have a bad feeling about this. Something about this situation worries me. Like you I can't put my finger on it. The Boss was kinda hard on the Probie.” Tony said taking out his cell phone and punching McGee's number. Tony listened as it went to voice mail. McGee never picking up. Trying it again he got the same response. Walking back to the bullpen Tony kept trying McGee's number getting the same result. Ziva tried it as well with no better results. Unbeknownst to them McGee had unwittingly left his phone,gun, and badge in the ruined car.
Reaching Gibbs desk Ziva spoke up.
“Gibbs we can't reach Tim. We think something might have happened to him.”
Gibbs flipped open his phone and punched McGee's number knowing that they other two agents he might ignore their calls but he wouldn't dare ignore one from him.


Gibbs waited silently for McGee to answer and when he got his voice mail he just growled “ McGee when you get this you better call me back. Where the hell are you?”

“Get back to work you two. We have a child killer to catch and we don't have time for McGee's hurt feelings. I want this bastard and I don't care what we have to do to get him. Now get to work both of you and find me something to get this bastard on.” Gibbs yelled his anger showing. He know that McGee would never just up and run out on a case especially not one like this. The young agent felt as deeply about a child being hurt as Gibbs himself did. That's what was bothering him. He knew this wasn't like Tim but this case came above everything. Even McGee.
Without Gibbs knowing it Tony and Ziva kept trying to get ahold of McGee without any luck. They continued to get his voice mail. The time passed slowly as the three agents continued to mull over the evidence. Finally Gibbs told them to pack it up and go home that he would see them in the morning. Tony grumbled he had a date tomorrow it being Saturday and all. He didn't relish the idea of spending his day at NCIS. Without a word him and Ziva picked up their things and headed for the elevator.
“Night Boss. We'll see you in the morning.” Tony said.
“ Night Gibbs. Aren't you going home?” Ziva asked
“ I'll be right behind you. Now go before I change my mind.” Gibbs growled.
He didn't want his two agents to see how worried he was about McGee or them to know that he had been calling him himself. Taking one last look at McGee's empty desk Gibbs picked up his things and headed to the elevator. Thinking to himself that he shouldn't have been so hard on the kid. It wasn't like they all hadn't screwed up on this case but he took it all out on McGee and he didn't deserve it. He knew that apologizing was a sign of weakness but he felt this time the kid really did deserve an apology. He couldn't get the look of hurt,pain, and horror on McGee's face out of his mind. He couldn't believe he had hurt the sensitive,kind,caring, young man like he did. When he looked into McGee's eyes there was something there that he didn't understand but he would talk to McGee about when he saw him in the morning.
Gibbs left the parking lot thinking to himself that he would stop by McGee's place and make sure the young man was alright. Unbeknownst to him Tony and Ziva had the same idea.
When Gibbs reached McGee's apartment he noticed that his car was missing. Without a thought he decided to check his apartment in case he had loaned his car to Sarah or had forgotten to mention that it was in the shop. Walking up the stairs he heard voices. Drawing his Sig he quietly approached McGee's door which was slightly ajar. Pushing it open he came face to face with Tony and Ziva.
“What are you two doing here?” Gibbs asked his two agents.
“ We were worried about Tim so we thought we would check on him but he doesn't appear to be here or have been here. Why are you here Gibbs?” Ziva asked.



“Well isn't it obvious. I'm worried about McGee as well. Something about this doesn't feel right. Its not like him to disappear. Let's wait till morning and see if he shows up. He maybe out with a friend or something.” Gibbs said his worry coloring his voice.
“Now lets get out of here and lock Tim's apartment back up and I'll see you both e in the morning.” Gibbs said as he turned to leave.
Tony and Ziva just looked at each other and without a word did what Gibbs had told them to do. Both hoping that the Boss was right and that McGee would show up in the morning with an explanation of what happened to him tonight. Both still had a bad feeling about it.
“See you in the morning Tony.” Ziva said as they reached their cars.
“Yea see you Ziva.”
Gibbs drove home wondering what could have happened to McGee. He knew very little about the young agent just that he was quiet, reserve, and their was a lot of pain in the young man's eyes. He kept his private life private and yet he took all the shit that DiNozzo dished out with out a complaint.

Reaching his home Gibbs headed straight for the basement and his bottle of bourbon. He didn't know how long he was down there working on the boat when exhaustion overcame him and he headed up to bed. His mind fogged by the booze he slipped his clothes off and slipped between the covers and was asleep almost instantly.
His dreams recently were always the same. He was looking into bright green laughing eyes and suddenly kissing him. The kiss at first was soft and gently, as he returned it, it became more and more demanding. In the dreams he could almost feel that soft skin under his fingers as he caressed and explored the body under him. Gibbs clutched his pillow against him as the dream depend. His body could almost feel the arms of the younger man wrap themselves around him as he explored Gibbs body. Gibbs could feel their hard cocks as they moved against each other both leaking precum making them slippery. Gibbs moved from the eager mouth down the lean body to his chest where he explored and found the hard nubs of his nipples. Taking one into his mouth. He nibbled on it making it even harder than before. Sliding his tongue across it he elicited a moan from the younger man. Moving to the other nipple Gibbs repeated the actions he had just done. Moving on down the younger man's body Gibbs began to lick,bite, and nuzzle. He reached the younger man's private area and began to tease him with his mouth. He began to lick the younger mans balls, running his tongue over the sack and slipping them one by one into his mouth to suck on them. All the while his young lover was moaning and clawing the sheets.
“Please Jethroe.Please take me. Suck my cock. Oh Please.” Gibbs grinned on hearing his lovers pleas.


“Is that what you really want Timothy?” Gibbs said as he took the throbbing member into his warm hot mouth. Engulfing McGee's hard cock in just one fell swoop.
Moaning McGee clawed at the bed sheets as he writhed under his lovers ministrations.
“Oh God Jethroe that feels so good. Its been to long and I don't know if I can take much more of this.” Tim screamed as he felt Gibbs lubed finger slowly inserted into his hole.
“Hold on Tim. Your not to cum yet. Just hold it a little longer. You taste so sweet and good Timothy.” Gibbs said sliding his fingers in and out of Tims most secret place.
“I'll try but I don't know how much more of this I can take.” Tim moaned.
Gibbs wasn't ready to let his young lover climax. There was more to come and before it was all said and done he know that he would finally have the prize he wanted so much. The prize of taking Tim and loving him. Making him, his and no one elses.
“ Please Jethroe! Please take me!” Tim screamed. “ I want you inside of me. I want to feel you cum in me. To feel your hard cock in me. Please fuck me Jethroe.”
That's all it took. Gibbs slowly removed his fingers and placed his cock head at the entrance to Tim's body. Slowly, agonizingly slow, he pushed into Tim. As the head pierced his body Tim gasped. Allowing Tim to get used to him. Gibbs rested and when he felt Tim was ready he pushed in another couple of inches. Tim moaned in pleasure and pain as Gibbs entered him. It was more than he could imagine. Never had he felt so full and yet Gibbs wasn't even in him completely.
When Tim signaled that he was ready and his body was laxed,Gibbs pushed himself all the way into Tim's body, making the younger man scream in pain.
Holding himself in, he leaned over and kissed his young lover. Brushing the tears from his eyes, he whispered into his ear, “ It's going to be all right Tim just relax. I won't hurt you. When your ready tell me.”
“It hurts Jethroe. I didn't know it would hurt this much the first time.” Tim pleaded.
“ The pain will ease as your body adjusts. Do you trust me Tim?” Gibbs whispered.
“Yes I do.”
“Then just relax.”Gibbs began to nuzzle Tim's neck and ear knowing that these were just some of Tim's erogenous zones. Hoping to make his young lover relax. As Gibbs worked on Tim's neck and ear his body relaxed and became more plaint. Gibbs feeling this began to kiss Tim as he slowly moved his hard member in and out of Tim's ass a little at a time. Tim's moans began to increase as Gibbs strokes became longer and stronger. It wasn't until Gibbs hit McGee's sweet spot that he ground his hips against Jethroe.
“Fuck me Jethroe! Fuck me harder. Oh God this feels incredible” Tim screamed at the top of his lungs.


Gibbs felt Tim go over the edge as his cock began to spill its seed between the two men. McGee's ass contracting around and squeezing Gibbs raging cock sent him over the edge. He began spilling his cum into Tim's willing ass. Just as the first spurt hit Gibbs awoke drenched in sweat. Running his hands thru his hair, he sat there for a minute letting the dream leave his conscience. Dripping sweat he got out of bed and headed for the shower know that this dream had not only drenched him in sweat but also in his own cum. His shorts being sticky and the wet stain on the bedsheets told him the story. After he showered and changed the bedsheets he once again laid down and tried to sleep.
Laying there he wondered to himself when he had fallen for the young agent. He knew it was wrong and against Rule12. Hell he didn't even know if McGee even thought of him that way. If he did then what he said to him today may have ruined it all. His eyes getting heavy he slowly drifted off to sleep.
Gibbs awoke to the blaring of his alarm. Remembering the events of the night before, including the dream, he drug himself out of bed and downstairs to make coffee before he headed back upstairs to get ready for work.
Something about this day told him they would break this case wide open and get that bastard that was killing kids. Getting a cup of coffee he headed back upstairs to get ready for work. After showering he dressed and headed into the office.
His thoughts on the case as he drove into the naval yard. Taking the elevator up he noticed when the doors opened that McGee's stuff was there. Thinking that the young agent had beat him in to work he didn't give it a second thought. Sitting at his desk, with the cup of coffee he had picked up on the way in, he began to look through the evidence again. It wasn't until he heard the ding of the elevator that he looked up. Watching as Ziva and Tony stepped off.
“Morning Boss.” Tony said setting his stuff down behind his desk and taking his gun and badge off putting them in his desk.
“Morning Gibbs. Is McGee here already?” Ziva asked.
“ Yea he beat me in this morning. This case must really be bothering him.” Gibbs said looking back down at the file in his hand.
“Have you seen him Boss?” Tony quered.
“ No I haven't. I think he is down in Abby's lab. Now will you two get to work and quiet worrying about McGee.” Gibbs said giving them both a hard stare.

They buried themselves in the case, until Tony exclaimed “ Boss I think I have something?”
“What is it DiNozzo?”
“ You remember that the little girl that got away said that the guy drove a red Datsun. Well that same color of car was spotted at several other crime scenes. We didn't notice it because it was parked about 2 blocks away. We never thought to check for it on the video.”

“Bring the all the surveillance video up and lets see if we can spot that car on any of them.” Gibbs demanded as Tony put the video's up on the big screen.
They all watched intently as scene after scene rolled by. Finally spotting the car on one of the scenes. Gibbs asked “ Can we blow up that license plate up so maybe we can find this son of a bitch.” Gibbs growled.
“ Sure we can Gibbs” Abby said strolling in.
“Just give me a couple of minutes.”
“Abbs where's McGee?” Gibbs asked.
“Honestly Gibbs. I'm not that boys keeper. Besides I thought he was up here with you” Abby said as she brought up the license plate on the car they wanted.
“If he was with us Abb's I wouldn't have asked. Now what have you got.” Gibbs said as he forgot about McGee and focused on the case.
“Here's the license plate you wanted Gibbs.”
“Tony run that plate and lets see who it belongs. Let's see if we can get this bastard before he hurts another kid.”
“ Got it Boss.” DiNozzo yelled. “ The address is 2112 East Potomac street.”
“Grab your gear and lets get moving. I want this bastard and I want him bad” Gibbs said as he grabbed his gear and ran for the elevator. Not stopping to see if the others were following.
Tony and Ziva ran to catch up to their boss as he entered the elevator. They all wanted this sick psycho. Getting there just as the doors were closing.
“Boss what about McGee? Shouldn't we wait for him?” Ziva asked.
“There is no sense on waiting on McGee. We don't even know where he is.” Gibbs yelled. The anger at his youngest agent evident in his voice. “I don't have time for people who can't do their jobs. We have to stop this bastard before he hurts another kid. Now drop it. I don't want to hear anymore about McGee. Now get your heads in the game people.”

They exited the elevator in the garage and ran to their car. It seemed strange to not have McGee stumbling after them. The drive was quiet even though Tony was there. It took less time than DiNozzo or David thought it would to reach the target home.
Screeching the tires to a stop the three agents lept from the car and raced to the door of the house. Gibbs signaled David to take the back while him and Tony took the front.

“Federal Agents open up Mr. Washington.” Gibbs announced.
There was no response, looking at DiNozzo, Gibbs nodded.
“ Go for it DiNozzo.” Gibbs said as Tony reared back and kicked the door in.


They slipped into the house making sure to clear the house room by room. Silently they proceeded thru the house making their way thru till they got to the stairs. Moving silently and quickly. They cleared the upstairs as Ziva came thru the kitchen. As she passed thru she noticed a door that was slightly ajar. She didn't think to wait for backup she just slipped inside and quietly made her way down the stairs. What she say turned her blood cold. There before her was the bastard cutting up another child. There was no saving the little girl she was already dead.

“Federal Agent!” Ziva shouted as he turned to look at her she took the opportunity to shoot him dead center in the head. She didn't hear Gibbs and Tony come up behind her. Before she could say a word Gibbs relieved her of her weapon and Tony checked to make sure that the bastard was dead.
“Ziva are you all right.” Gibbs quietly asked. Seeing the look on her face told Gibbs that no matter what the words were she said she would never be alright. He knew she had seen some horrors in her life but nothing compared to what she witnessed here.
Without a word Ziva turned and slowly walked up the stairs. Saying nothing to her team mates she walked silently out the back door. Leaning over the railing on the deck she threw up. Nothing in her Massad training had ever prepared her for this.
Giving her time Gibbs made the call to Ducky himself.
“Ducky your needed. We have two for you this time.” Gibbs voice cracked as he tried to keep his emotions in check. “We couldn't save the victim this time.”
“On my way Jethroe. Me and Palmer will be there as soon as we can get there.”
Ducky explained hearing the emotion in his old friends voice.
“David you need to excuse yourself from this case pending an investigation.” Gibbs growled. Calling the Director he filled Vance in on the situation and asked for another team to take over. As much as Gibbs hated it to admit it he had to relinquish the case to another team. Just as Gibbs finished his call Ducky and Palmer arrived.

“Gibbs where are my patients?” Ducky asked.
“ Downstairs Ducky and please wait till the other team gets here.” Gibbs said as his voice cracked.
“Other team Jethroe? I thought you were handling this one Jethroe what happened?”
“ Ziva shot the bastard Ducky.” Gibbs explained. “We can't be involved in the rest of this case. Had to turn it over to Stephenson. He's a good man. It's over for us now except the reports.”
Turning he left Ducky standing there lost in his thoughts. Gibbs called for the rest of his team and left.