- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For as long as their relationship began Tony has hated Tim's father for how he abused the younger man. Now years later when said man comes to NCIS, Tony gets the chance to tell him exactly what he thinks.
It has been seven years since Timothy McGee and Tony DiNozzo first started their relationship. As things progressed Tony realized that his lover was deeply abused but he never pushed because the agent knew if he did that Tim would close off. Tim knew that Tony suspected but was always afraid to tell. There were easy tells that both ignored, mostly because they had other things to worry about like becoming close to Ziva, keeping their relationship from the team (which proved pointless since they confronted the couple and gave the okay, even Gibbs), and at the time getting over Kate's death. Early on things were hard for them because of Tim's past. At first Tony couldn't even come up behind him because Tim would always freeze like he was flashing back and tense up like he was waiting to be hit, and it was the same when things would go past kissing and Tim would freak that he did something wrong expecting to be hit. Finally after a slow year went by the couple made love and in a way it both broke and strengthened Tim. The computer genius was able to realize that he didn't deserve the abuse he suffered and that he was loved and that same night he finally told Tony what he suffered at his father's hands. Tony surprised Tim with his reaction, because the older man merely tightened his grip on Tim and threatened to break Tim's father in half if they ever met. As years went by the couple faced many challenges like Gibbs leaving and Tony becoming leader, Gibbs coming back and Tony getting offered his own team but staying, them breaking up because of his forced undercover assignment, them getting back together after the assignment was over and Tim discovered Tony was alive, Director Sheppard dieing, Tony becoming Agent Afloat, maintaining a long distance relationship, Director Vance trying to break them up but not succeeding because Gibbs intervened, Tony almost dying at the hands of Michael Rifkin, facing Mossad, losing Ziva, getting Ziva back, and Mike Franks death. Through it all the couple still loved each other and everything was going good or so they thought.
~~~~
Tim was smiling as his lover kept shooting balled up paper at him with little notes on them. Their day was slow what with working on cold cases all day and Gibbs and the Director in a meeting. Tim saw Tony get up and go to the bathroom and the genius looked back down as he continued to type his report. Hearing the elevator door open Tim thought nothing off it until the footsteps stopped near his desk and his father's voice started yelling.

"You disgusting, ungrateful piece of shit," Matthew McGee yelled grabbing Tim's head before he or anyone else could react and slamming his head down on his desk. Tim felt pain knowing his nose was broken and that his lip was busted but focused on getting out of this situation because after all he wasn't a little kid anymore. Reaching his hands up to defend himself, Tim gasped in pain again when it was grabbed and twisted to the point of snapping. By that point Ziva and multiple other agents were trying to pull his father off of him without success, that is until his lover's voice exploded and a gun was cocked.

"Get your hands off of my boyfriend or trust me I will kill you," Tony said in a voice so cold that it had the great Matthew McGee freezing with was enough for Tim to slip from his father's hold and watch as Ziva roughly manhandled his father into cuffs. Tim swallowed, ignoring the pain, when he saw Gibbs and the Director come down the stairs, their faces filled with anger and the agent hoped it wasn't pointed at him. What happened next astounded Tim.

"You think you can lay a hand on my agent," Gibbs growled out grabbing Matthew McGee and slamming him down on the desk breaking his nose.

"Agent David officially arrest and read this man his rights and afterwards put him in interrogation for a few hours," Director Vance said giving Gibbs and Ziva a look that Tim knew was a message giving the two permission to torture his father. A moment later the Director turned to Tony, who had put his weapon down and said, "Take McGee to see Doctor Mallard and then go home."

After that Tim must have blacked out from the shock because the next thing he knew was that his nose and wrist were in splints and Tony was arriving at his apartment. Tim still didn't move until Tony slowly pulled him out of the car and took him upstairs. When the door to the apartment closed Tim was pulled into a strong hug where he finally released the tears he had been holding back for so long. Finally Tim felt safe and loved with Tony and the agent prayed it would never end.