- Text Size +
Chapter 11


Gibbs, Ziva and Tim left D.C the day after the memorial service, five days after the accident. They were going back to the location, back to the community. Gibbs was determined to talk to every human being within a 10 mile radius of the accident site.

Their first couple days yielded nothing. But they did find out that most of the locals had, in fact, ignored the sound of the car explosion. They discovered there were many local coal mines in the area and that sounds of blasting were common. The sounds of the explosion could have, very easily, been mistaken for blasting.

Gibb, Tim and Ziva traveled back to the group of hotel rooms they had rented. They would try again tomorrow, casting their nets just a little wider.


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Tony opened his eyes to see his benefactor by his bed. It was a familiar feeling to him, for some reason. He dismissed the notion as Emma took his hand.

“Michael, I…there is a loaded gun in the hall closet. It’s up on the top shelf, in a shoe box. I…if someone comes after you…. I just want you to know where it is.” Emma squeezed his hand.

Tony squeezed back. “I…I don’t think anybody is after me, Emma. I…I don’t know if I was dreaming or remembering. But I…I think I work in D.C. I think I work for the government.”

Emma sighed. “That’s good, if it’s true, Michael. I just hope you’re remembering correctly. I really hope so.”

Tony nodded, sighed and closed his eyes.


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Gibbs was getting extremely frustrated, but his gut was back in working order. It was churning. He knew he was close, so close, to the answers he was looking for. He just knew he would have an excellent report to give to the Director when he returned to D.C.

This is the last place of the day. Gibbs thought as he got out of the car. He was greeted by the bark of a dog. He patted his jacket pocket, unconsciously. He had been carrying Tony’s badge round with him. He had shown it to all he had interviewed. He then asked if they had seen Tony in the past week or two. All had answered no.

Gibbs, followed by Tim and Ziva, headed for the house. He climbed the back stairs and raised his arm to knock….

“Buster, I swear you would bark at a flea. What in the world…?” Emma stopped speaking when she looked up and saw the reason for all the ruckus.


TBC

END NOTES: I know, I know. Evil, Evil, Wicked Me. But I believe in the saying ‘Good things come to those who wait’, …and this is gonna be pretty awesome. Stay Tuned! Jackie