- Text Size +
Chapter 16


AN: This chapter contains a little TABBY, but it is only friendship TABBY. Sorry…for those of you who want more.


“Are you ready?” Gibbs asked.

“Can anyone ever REALLY be ready for Abby Scuito?” Tony replied.

Gibbs had let Tony sleep for a couple hours. Tim and Ziva were both back an hour after Ducky and Jimmy got there. They were now all here, awaiting the Goth’s arrival.

Gibbs had called her and told her he needed to see her ASAP. She had asked many questions, but he had not really answered any of them. It only made her more suspicious. And Gibbs knew it would make her wonder what he was up to. Abby showed up at his door 20 minutes later.

“Wh…Why is everybody here?” Abby asked, seeing the rest of her NCIS family in Gibbs’ living room.

“We’re having a party.” Jimmy said, saying the first thing that came to his mind.

“A party, how could we… a party? Tony’s gone. I will never feel like partying again.” Abby said sadly, dropping onto the only available chair in Gibbs’ living room.

“You may change your mind.” Gibbs said. “Follow me.” He then led her to his back bedroom.

“Gibbs’ I’ve seen….”

The scream of joy was so loud it could be heard throughout Gibbs’ neighborhood.

Abby launched herself at Tony, landing on the bed with a huge thud, boots and all.

“You’re…you…” Abby said, touching his face, not trusting her eyes. “…What? Gibbs said….”

“He didn’t know.” Tony said, after he recovered from Abby landing on the bed. “He…he was surprised too.”

Abby put her hand on Tony’s chest, still not believing her eyes. Of course, it didn’t help that tears were streaming down her face.

“It was horrible, Tony. When he told me...I….”

Tony took the hand she had laid on his chest and squeezed it. “I’m here. I’m okay. That’s all that matters, Abby.”

“What happened? Why didn’t we hear from you?” Abby asked.

“Oh, Abby. I met this really neat lady, Emma. And she has this great dog, Buster. He’s a beagle and he’s so cool. He stayed with me the whole time I was there, slept beside me, slept on the bed with me.” Tony paused. Abby seemed absorbed in his story, so he continued. “Emma is a nurse. She took really good care of me. She set my shoulder. I had dislocated it. I didn’t remember who I was so she named me Michael. Then a day or two later Gibbs shows up. He shows her my badge. She, of course, realizes it’s me. She brings Gibbs into the house. And he finds me asleep in her spare bedroom.”

“Wow! She didn’t say anything. She just takes him into the room and there you are?” Abby asked.

Tony nodded.

“Kind of like the way he did me, just now.” Abby looked at Gibbs, still standing in the doorway, a huge grin on his face.

“I will get you Leroy Jethro Gibbs. You won’t know when. You won’t how or where. But I will get you.” Abby wagged her finger at Gibbs, a huge smile on her face, despite her tears.

Abby got up off the bed. “I think Palmer is right. We should have a party. We really do have a lot to celebrate.”




TBC