- Text Size +
"Do you want to stop Ziva?" asked Tony. Ziva was breathing heavily and had started to drag her feet.

"Keep going Tony, I'm okay," said Ziva. She smiled but could tell that Tony didn't believe her.

Tony lifted Ziva slightly and continued walking toward the hole that they had made in the wall earlier. Tony was worried about Ziva. She had stopped talking and was breathing far too heavily for his liking.

Ducky's only a few minutes away, thought Tony. This thought raised Tony's hopes slightly and he found that they were unobstructed for the rest of the walk to the embassy.

*************

"McGee, let's go. We need to get out of here and make sure that DiNozzo and Miss David are alright," said Gibbs.

"Okay," replied McGee.

The two guys headed out to the embassy and found their path clear. Gibbs thought that this was lucky but also a bad sign. They were unsure of whether Tony and Ziva had made it to the embassy and they didn't know why they hadn't yet been attacked. It didn't make sense.

*************

"Ducky, please help!" shouted Tony. They had just entered the embassy and Tony had ended up carrying Ziva into the building. She was barely conscious but had a firm grip on Tony's shirt.

"What happened Tony?" asked Ducky.

"She's barely breathing. I think that the walk tired her out. I mean, she could barely keep her eyes open when we got to her and she looks like she's been through a lot."

"Okay, put her on the couch and let me take a look at her."

Tony gently placed Ziva on the couch and moved back so that Ducky could get through. Ducky bent down next to Ziva and picked up her hand, looking for a pulse. He found one but it was weak. Ziva's skin was dry and Ducky immediately knew how to wake her up. He picked up a bottle of water and placed a straw into it. Placing the straw against Ziva's lips, Ducky proceeded to wake Ziva. Her eyes flew open at Ducky's touch and she gratefully drank the water that Ducky had offered her.

"Thank you," whispered Ziva.

"Not a problem my dear," replied Ducky, giving Ziva a kind smile. "Are you interested in eating something?"

"Yes please."

Ducky stood up and walked off to a small room next to them, returning with a plate of food for Ziva.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you like. If there's something else that you want, I'll get it for you," said Ducky.

"That's very nice of you but this will be fine."

Suddenly, a loud voice made the three of them jump. The plate of food toppled onto the floor as Ziva scrambled to sit up properly.

"Jethro, you scared us! What's wrong?" asked Ducky.

"We need to leave now! They're coming, we don't have much time. Let's go," replied Gibbs.

Tony bent down and lifted Ziva into his arms. The whole time Gibbs had been talking, Ziva had been tugging on Tony's sleeve.

"Tony, I don't want them to hurt me anymore," whispered Ziva.

"I won't let them hurt you anymore Ziva. You're safe with me, I promise," replied Tony. Ziva smiled and closed her eyes as Tony ran towards the waiting jet that had been loaned to them by SecNav.