- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs remembers the past-Tony makes a bad choice
Chapter 19

Tony sat on the side of his bed, plotting and planning. He was leaving this place, one way or the other. If that old bastard thought he would just sit around waiting to be attacked again, he was out of his mind. Getting outside wouldn’t be much of a problem, at least it hadn’t been difficult before. Hopefully this new slave trainer image Gibbs was trying to show would still allow him his outings outside to get some fresh air.

The biggest problem would be dealing with the electric fence. According to Gibbs, the fence extended completely around the cabin, including around the back of the pond. There wouldn’t be enough time to check the entire fence for any weaknesses, not before the next session, and Tony had no intention of still being here for that. So, finding a flaw was out of the question, as well as going under the fence. Even if he had a way of digging underneath it, there wouldn’t be enough time before Gibbs found him.

That only left going over the top, but how? Tony thought back over all his times outside. The area around the cabin, around the pond, they didn’t give him any kind of access to the top of the fence, which was a good six feet high. The only other area he had been in was the edge of the woods, where that flat boulder was, but that…wait a minute, that just might work. Tony remembered back to the day Gibbs took him on the tour, when he took him to the electric fence to warn him. Yeah, warn him, more like to show it off. He remembered seeing the tree that was growing a few feet away from the edge. There was a branch that extended over the top. Now that was a possibility. It would be hard to scale that tree and go across that branch while he was buck naked, not to mention what he would do about clothes once he got away. None of that mattered right now, all that mattered was getting the hell out of here before tomorrow.

***NCIS***

Gibbs sat alone in front of the fireplace, images from that morning filling his mind. He had started on a path, a path he didn’t want to take but could no longer avoid. There were many things in his past that he was not proud of, some of which happened during his slave training days. He wasn’t ashamed of being a slave trainer; in fact he truly believed that his position had been important and necessary. Innocent people, including women and children were being hurt and killed by these terrorists and something had to be done, and if the small part he played saved just one person, it made it all worthwhile, and something he was proud of. However, some of the things he was forced to do to accomplish that job, well, he wasn’t always proud of them even if they had to be done for the greater good.

Gibbs had learned, during the sessions in which he was being trained to be a slave-trainer, how to shut down all his emotions. The event that changed the way he was able to handle the intense sessions had happened quite suddenly. His CO had called him to his office, and had informed Gibbs that he wasn’t learning fast enough. He was ordered to strip and stand at attention before the officer, and although Gibbs had done so many times during his training, it was never an easy thing for him to do.

Behind him, Gibbs heard the door open and when it was closed he was ordered to turn around. There, against the far wall of the training room stood two men, along with Gibbs' commander, all naked, their penises fully erect. Gibbs heart sank when his CO informed him that because he wasn’t responding to his training the way the commander thought he should, Gibbs would now face a more intensive session in order to cover a lot of ground in a short time. He would take whatever they dished out and he would remain silent throughout, was the order. Gibbs just hoped he could suck it up and do as he was told.

Gibbs was positioned over an apparatus that was similar to a spanking bench, and he was ordered to hold onto two handles above his head. He almost wished they'd tied him down, because being forced to refrain from moving during the session was far more difficult. One of the men, who Gibbs recognized as an officer, took a stance behind him, and before Gibbs was mentally prepared for the invasion, he felt the man's erect penis pressing against him and then entering him roughly. He had no time to prepare and although it felt like some lubrication was used, having the man's huge dick forced up his rear was painful and shocking enough to cause Gibbs to cry out between his clenched teeth.

Each man took their turn with Gibbs and he took the violation as ordered, but as the third man viciously thrust into him with no mercy, Gibbs felt himself close down. It was like a door slamming shut on all his emotions, leaving him aware of the assault on his body, but able to cope with it on a completely different level. Then a new door opened and the slave trainer emerged, allowing him to do what he needed to do, in order to get the job done.

Gibbs had always believed in what he did and in his government’s decision to reenact the slavery law, as long as it pertained to countering terrorism. When they began expanding that law, and innocent people started getting caught up in the widely cast net, his support for the law and the program spawned from it started to waver.

Gibbs remembered, all too vividly, when his whole attitude towards the slave training program had changed. He'd been training a young man who, it turned out, had been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had been sent into the program without a decent trial. Whether it had been due to the stupidity of the kid's lawyers, or a lazy defense, or simply an inadequate investigation, the law had sent an innocent youth to be trained by Gibbs.

The youth’s name was Duncan, and as he was the head trainer, it fell to Gibbs to give all new slave trainees their first major training session. It was always a difficult introduction to the training program because none of the trainees had any idea of what to expect. Gibbs walked, naked, into Duncan’s cell and found the young man cowering in the corner. Gibbs, in his slave training mindset, pulled the scared young man out of the corner by the hair and threw him over his cot. With little preparation, he entered the boy and began his training session, establishing that the young man was now a slave and his body was no longer his own. During his session Duncan repeatedly screamed and cried, which was nothing new to Gibbs. What he wasn’t expecting were the words he was hearing. I didn’t do anything, Duncan sobbed into the mattress. It was a school project, my professor can tell you. Just ask him. I’m just a student.


When the session was over, Gibbs couldn’t get the cries out of his mind. He took it upon himself to investigate Duncan’s case. When he found out that Duncan was truly innocent, he brought it to his commander’s attention, but he was told it didn’t matter. The law said he was found with his professor, who was a terrorist, and he therefore was labeled a terrorist. There was nothing Gibbs could do and he hated that feeling of helplessness at the unfair situation. He quit the Corps and the slave training center and never looked back. He swore to himself on that day that he would never become that man again and he hadn’t, until today.

Now Gibbs sat alone trying to figure out where to go from here. He couldn’t back down now, could he? That would show weakness, wouldn’t it? Could he continue with Tony’s training and not return to that way of life again? He just didn’t know and that’s where his turmoil had him at the moment. Hearing the door down the hall open, Gibbs quickly sat in his recliner and grabbed his book, opening it to any page. He never looked up as Tony entered the room.

Tony saw Gibbs sitting and reading his book as if it nothing had happened that morning and it pissed him off. Moving closer, he raised his chin up, a look of total defiance on his face. “Am I allowed to go outside again, or am I stuck in here with you?” Tony waited for a response from Gibbs but none came. After what felt like forever, Tony spoke up again. “Are you going to answer my question or continue to ignore me?”

Gibbs never took his eyes off his book as he answered Tony. “I instructed you in the proper way for a slave to request something of their master and I don’t believe that was it.”

Tony closed his eyes and turned his back to Gibbs. He would rather cut his penis off than lower himself to do what Gibbs wanted him to do, but if it was what it took to put his plan into action then he’d suck it up and damned well say the words Gibbs wanted to hear. Taking a deep breath, Tony opened his eyes and turned back to face his tormentor. Stepping forward until he was directly in front of Gibbs’ chair, Tony swallowed the lump in his throat and knelt down. Placing his hands behind his back, his head bowed down Tony did as he was instructed, hating every second of it “May I please go outside for a while?” Tony glanced up at Gibbs to gauge his response and saw Gibbs staring at him as though he was waiting for something more. “May I please go outside for a while, Master?” Tony forced out through clenched teeth, stressing the word master at the end. Tony looked down at his lap, not wanting Gibbs to see the contempt in his eyes. The taste that was left in his mouth following that little scene he had just put on made him want to gargle with soap, but he had to keep the act up just a little longer if his plan was going to work.

Gibbs sat and watched Tony for a few minutes longer, trying to determine what he was up to. He knew it had taken a lot for Tony to get down on his knees and ask his master to go outside, and it secretly pleased him when Tony did it. Now what should he do? Should he refuse Tony, which is what the slave trainer would do in order to reinforce his control? Or should he grant Tony this one small request, which would help him hold on to what was left of his humanity? After staring at Tony, who was still kneeling before him, his head down, Gibbs decided to grant his wish. Nodding his head, Gibbs stood and headed for the door, key in hand. He knew there was nowhere for Tony to go, not with the electric fence, so maybe if he allowed this it would help Tony get through the rest of his sessions.

Tony stood and followed Gibbs to the door, fighting to keep the smile off his face. First step down, Tony thought to himself, as he stepped out the door. He reclined on one of the lounge chairs and looked towards the pond, not wanting to seem anxious. He prayed Gibbs would just go back inside and read his book.

Gibbs stood in the doorway and watched as Tony settled down in the chair. There was something about how he was acting that made his gut twist, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. Deciding not to take any chances, Gibbs chose to cut Tony’s time outside shorter than usual. “I am going to make some lunch. You will come in when I call you it’s ready.” He saw Tony simply nod his head. “I don’t believe that is the proper way to answer your master, Slave? You will answer properly.”

Tony kept his head turned towards the pond as he closed his eyes with disgust. “Yes, Master, I understand. I will come in when lunch is ready.” Tony felt like he was going to gag on those words, but kept his voice steady and respectful.

Gibbs nodded, a small smile gracing his lips. “That’s very good, Slave, you’re learning. I will call you soon.” Gibbs then shut the door, watching Tony from the window for a few moments before heading for the kitchen.

It took all of Tony’s control not to jump off the lounger the minute he heard the door shut, but he knew Gibbs would be watching him for a few more minutes. Keeping his head turned towards the pond, Tony counted to a hundred before he even thought about moving, after which he slowly rose from his chair. Checking to see that Gibbs was not in the window or the doorway, Tony turned and raced off the porch, heading for the tree line.

Reaching the flat boulder, Tony thought it best to sit for a moment and figure out his next move, but sitting proved to be a major problem. Sitting caused the butt plug Gibbs had put inside him to move deeper inside his ass. When it hit his prostate, Jesus, it took his breath away. Tony had to bite his lip to keep from crying out with pleasure. He’d never felt anything like it before Gibbs shoved that damn butt plug up his ass. Now, every time he sat or moved a certain way he’d get that wonderful jolt that would explode throughout his entire body. He could almost learn to enjoy this, if it were under very different circumstances. Pushing those thoughts to the back of his mind, Tony reached back behind himself and grasped the butt plug, trying to pull it out, only to find it would not be that easy. It was painful when he tugged at the plug and it didn’t slide out as easily as it seemed to slide in. Grasping hold again, Tony bore down and pulled at the same time, this time dislodging the plug. Looking at the offensive piece of plastic, Tony tossed it onto the boulder before heading for the fence.

Tony could hear the humming of the electricity as he reached his end goal, the tree by the fence. He stood at the base, looking up and down, across and back, trying to spot any and all access to the branch he would need in the end. The good news was the branch was about eight feet up, which gave it a good two foot clearance over the six-foot electric fence. The bad news, how the hell was he going to reach it? He was just over six-feet tall, and when he was in college jumping two feet was a snap, but here, naked and barefoot? These weren’t the ideal conditions for a successful jump.

Climbing was a possibility, but again, naked and barefoot, not the best plan. Tony looked towards the cabin, praying Gibbs wasn’t watching out the window. Running back towards the pond, Tony grabbed a folding chair that sat by the pier and then ran back. If Gibbs was watching, his plan would be over before it had begun. Tony sat the unsteady chair with the back up against the trunk of the tree, helping to stabilized it, and then climbed onto the seat. It brought him up high enough that he could just barely wrap him fingers around the branch. He knew he had one chance and one chance only. If he didn’t reach the branch on the first jump and he fell back onto the chair, the webbing would likely not hold him and he would fall though the seat. The chance of breaking a leg was high, if that happened there would be no escape, no freedom. Taking a deep breath, Tony used the webbing of the folding chair like a trampoline and jumped.

Tony’s fingers barely closed around the branch as he hung from one hand, and tried to catch his breath. He swung his other hand up to join the first and fought to pull himself up, but all of a sudden he felt exhausted. Figuring it was likely the drug he’d been given the night before, Tony refused to give in to the fatigue. He swung himself back and forth until he was able to wrap his legs up and over the branch, and then pulled himself around until he was sitting on top.

Tony laid face down and crawled along the heavy branch towards the fence. He felt the pain of his skin being scrapped off his legs, chest and groin as he pulled himself across the rough bark. He could see the fence getting closer and closer, his freedom within his reach, when he heard a frightening sound behind him. Glancing back, Tony could see the branch was cracking and he quickened his pace. Just another foot and he would be over the top and then he’d be gone before Gibbs even knew he was missing.

Two stronger pulls and Tony’s torso was even with the fence. One, maybe two more and he would be over and he could drop down and be on the outside of the compound. Excitement filled him as he inched forward, looking down on the top of the electric fence. Tony reached out for one last pull when he heard a loud crack and felt the branch jerk underneath him. Holding his breath and praying it would hold just one more minute, Tony pulled his body forward one last time. That small movement caused the branch to break the rest of the way through and Tony felt himself falling, the fence rushing up to meet him. The last thought that entered his mind, as his arm hit the fence and his world went black, was of Lieutenant Worf from Star Trek saying, ‘Today is a good day to die.’

***NCIS***

Gibbs put the finishing touches on the sandwiches as the broth on the stove began to boil. Pouring the noodles in, he stirred the soup and lowered the heat. He refilled his coffee cup and leaned against the counter, his mind filled with uncertainty. He couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened. The session had started out so well, going just the way he had planned it, but it sure went to hell fast. It shouldn’t have happened; it wouldn’t have happened if he had just done his job and kept his emotions out of it, but, no, he had to start caring.

Yes, Tony was thrown into a situation he never should have been in and yes, anyone with a heart would feel sorry for the guy, but he wasn’t just anyone. He was Leroy Jethro Gibbs, bastard extraordinaire. He spent years as one of the top slave trainer, able to suppress and control any and all emotions.

Then why can’t he do the same thing around this kid? He is just a slave that needs training, or is he? Something about that young man keeps getting under his skin and he just can’t have that. He swore when he left the Corps he would never fall back into that persona, but one small, insignificant act of spitting by that kid and, bam, he’s right back where he didn’t want to ever be again. By his losing control over that spitting incident, it had sent him on a path he didn’t want, but now couldn’t avoid. A path that he knew, just as sure as he knew the world was round, Tony would fight tooth and nail against. Gibbs’ loss of control just made his life from here on out a whole lot harder.

Setting his mug down, Gibbs stirred the soup, testing to make sure the noodles were thoroughly cooked. Nodding to himself, Gibbs removed the pan from the stove and poured the soup into the tureen and took it to the table. As he turned towards the kitchen for the sandwiches, the lights dimmed and an alarm sounded. Gibbs ran to the secret panel in the wall by the door and threw it open. A light blinked wildly inside and the alarm blared louder. “What the hell are you trying to do, DiNozzo? You can’t get through that fence,” Gibbs mumbled to himself. “I can’t believe you are even trying it, damn it!”

Throwing the front door open, Gibbs ran outside and off the porch heading in the direction the panel indicated there was an attempted breach. “DiNozzo,” Gibbs screamed out as he ran. “You had better stop right now or I swear I will take a bullwhip to your…Oh my God!” Gibbs stopped dead in his tracks in shock at the sight before him. A large branch that had broken free of a large tree lay burning on the fence. A few feet away, inside the fence, lay an unnaturally still Tony. Gibbs quickly closed the distance between them and dropped to his knees, a shaky hand reaching for Tony’s neck. Gibbs let out a breath he didn’t even realize he was holding when he felt a pulse beneath his fingers. It was weak and irregular but it was there.

Tony’s body suddenly went into a spasm. His body whole body stiffened and Gibbs could hear a choking sound coming from his throat, and then Tony’s body relaxed. “Tony,” Gibbs called as he shook Tony’s shoulder, but getting no response. “Come on, kid, don’t do this to me.” Another spasm hit and then ended, still with no response from the injured man. Gibbs grasped Tony’s arm as the spasm ended and saw a raw burn on his wrist.

Gibbs pulled his cell phone from the pocket of his sweatpants and hit the first button. “Ducky, I need you at the cabin.” Gibbs fought to keep his voice as calm as possible. “No time to explain right now, just get here, fast and bring your medical bag. Hey, Duck, hurry.” Gibbs hung the phone up and dropped it back into his pocket. Lifting Tony into his arms, his heart filled with overwhelming guilt for allowing this to happen, Gibbs headed for the cabin.
Chapter End Notes:
Another intense chapter. Dark imagining-dub-con