- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is forced to train a very special slave
Chapter 2

When Gibbs didn’t immediately sit down the president continued. “I’m sure I don’t have to remind you how the laws covering slavery came to be, do I Agent Gibbs?”

The sudden intake of breath from his Agent caught Director Marrow’s attention. He couldn’t believe the President would play that card. His stomach flipped when he saw his Senior Agent, one of the strongest men he knew, lower his head and take his seat

“No, sir.” Gibbs quietly replied as his mind began racing back twenty years. To the year that Americans came to know as the year from Hell.

FLASHBACK:

It started with an attack on the Golden Gate Bridge. The explosion caused thousands to fall into the San Francisco bay. Six weeks later the Sears Tower in Chicago was attacked, followed 3 months later with an attack on Washington Monument. Two months later an attempt to destroy the Statue of Liberty was foiled. The Government was being pressured by the people to do something and do it now.

Everything they tried seemed to fail. Arresting them, convicting them, sending them to jail, they even tried the death penalty. All they did was make heroes out of the terrorists. That was the first time the slavery laws were considered, but they couldn’t be agreed upon it. That is until the last attack.

Some members of a domestic terrorist group planned the most demoralizing attack ever to be planned against the United States. A young woman holding the hand of a young child entered the Matterhorn ride at Disney world. Moments later there was an explosion that collapsed the entire ride down on the hundreds of people waiting in line. It was determined that the woman with the child had a bomb strapped to her chest.

It was this senseless attack that finally pushed the Slavery laws through. It was decided that if arresting and convicting them made them heroes then the only other option they could come up with was to humiliate the terrorists. By forcing them to serve a Master, to have to do whatever their Master commanded, to make them what many considered less than human, well, maybe that was the deterrent that they needed to stop the attacks. If you were found to be involved in anyway with a terrorist group, foreign or domestic, whether it was the planning or the completing of the attack you were immediately placed into slavery.

It was this same senseless attack that was now tearing at the Senior Agent of NCIS. Twenty years ago he was a young Marine serving his country overseas. He has a beautiful young wife, Shannon and a precious eight year old daughter, Kelly. Gibbs was scheduled for his first furlough in over a year. The young family had made plans to take their young daughter to Disney World in Florida on his leave. However, an unexpected mission came up canceling all leave. Not wanting to disappoint their daughter and since the tickets were already bought, they decided that Shannon should go ahead and take Kelly on their trip. They were seated in front of the young woman and her child on the Matterhorn.

Gunnery Sergeant Gibbs was called into his CO’s tent and informed of his wife and daughter’s death just before leaving on his mission. Not caring whether he returned from that mission or not, his recklessness caused him to be severely injured. He was transferred to a medical facility in the States where he lingered in a coma for 10 days. When he finally came around and started rehab they found that the Marine sniper’s eyesight, due to his injury, was no longer good enough to do his job.

It was then that a high ranking official approached him with an offer. They wanted him to head the Slave training facility. Vengeance can be a very powerful thing, and all he could think of was his beautiful wife and daughter. Knowing he couldn’t get his revenge on the person or person’s responsible for the death of his family he did the next best thing. He took the job, and he was the best. He could take the hardest terrorists and turn them into the most obedient slaves. With him in charge, the DC training facility held the highest success rate and held the record for turning out the most fully trained slaves.

END FLASHBACK

“Jethro?”

Hearing his name being called brought Gibbs mind back to the present, back to the meeting he really didn’t want to be in. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment, and then slowly blew the breath out in an attempt to clear his mind.

“I’m sorry to bring up such painful memories, Agent Gibbs.” the president began only to be cut off by Gibbs.

“That’s the past, sir, and we can’t do anything to change it. It does no one any good to dwell on it. So, why don’t you just tell me what this is all about?”
Chapter End Notes:
This is an alternate universe slash slave fic