- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is forced to train a very special slave
Chapter 4

“Agent Gibbs,” Director Morrow growled, “you do not put conditions on orders given to you by your Commander in Chief.”

Looking from one man to the other Gibbs slowly began to nod his head. “Your absolutely right, Director. I stand corrected.” Gibbs tossed the file he held onto the Director’s desk and turned to address the President. “So, you’ll be finding someone else then?”

Gibbs turned and walked straight to the door. As he reached out to open the door he heard the President call behind him. “Alright, Agent Gibbs, you’ve made your point. Name your conditions.”

Gibbs quickly wiped the smirk from his face then turned and walked back to the chair he had vacated earlier. Grabbing the back with both hands, he lowered his head to his chest and took a deep breath before looking back up at both men.

“First, I want the man brought here for Dr. Mallard to check out. I want him to have not only a full physical but a psychological evaluation also.”

“May I ask why? After all Dr. Mallard is only a medical examiner, not a physician.” The President was confused.

“Dr. Mallard is not only my personal physician, but has acted as a physician for most the agents in this building at one time or another. He also has a degree in forensic psychology.”

“OK, that explains Dr Mallard’s qualifications, but not why you think this is necessary.”

“Let me guess, this guy has been locked up, in a cell, at a slave detention center, in isolation for over a week, correct?” Gibbs stated sarcastically.

“Yes, that’s true. What about it?”

“There were reasons why I stopped training slaves and left the Marines. One of those reasons was because of what I found out some of the guards and trainers were doing to those detainees.” Seeing the startled looks on both men’s faces, Gibbs continued. “I have seen cases of beatings, torment and even rape. I want to make sure this guy hasn’t been put through any of that.”

“Understandable, but I think I need some clarification here.” The Director seemed concerned.

“Yes, sir.”

“First of all, if you saw this happening, why just quit and walk away? Why not try to stop it.”

“Do you really think I just quit and walked away?” Gibbs’ eyes burned with fury. “I tried reporting it; I tried enforcing discipline on those involved, I tried everything conceivable. It did no good. The terrorist attacks were still too fresh in everyone’s minds. No one cared what was happening in those camps. I finally had to leave before I did some real damage.”

“OK I can understand that,” the Director smirked. “The second thing is, if this has happened to this young man, not to sound callous but, what difference does it make?”

“It makes all the difference, Director. I want to be sure this guy is physically fit before we even start this. If he’s been beaten or injured in any way, he’ll have to have time to recover. This training is very physical and intense. He’ll need to be in top condition, if you expect him to survive this. Also, he needs to be mentally stable or this won’t work.”

“What does his mental state have to do with anything?” The President and the Directed both seemed to agree on this point.

Gibbs finally took his seat again, shaking his head in amazement. “Director, Mr. President, we are about to tell a man who, according to that file on your desk, is a 100% heterosexual, ladies man that his body is no longer his own. His new owner, whether a male or a female, has every right to walk in and do what ever he wants to him, or, even better, make him do anything to his owner that he demands. What do you think that is going to do to a mentally stable man, let alone someone who isn’t stable?”

“Alright, I’ll have him transported here by the end of the day,” the President conceded. “What else?”

“I have no intention of training this guy at a training center or a slave camp. I’m taking him to our Alpha safe house and I’ll be gone from work for at least two to three months. Kate can take over while I’m gone, she’s more than qualified.”

“What!” The Director yelled as he jumped to his feet. “You’re joking right?”

“I have to agree with your Director, Agent Gibbs,” the President broke in. “We know you can break this guy and have him trained in two weeks, you’ve done it before. What reason could you possibly have for wanting to take so long with this guy?”

“It’s a very simple one, sir. What I intend to do for this young man is to teach him what he needs to know to live in the slave world. I’m not out to break him.”
“I don’t understand,” the Director joined in, having calmed a bit. “What is the difference?”

“In the past I trained terrorists. Our main goal was to break and humiliate them. The ultimate goal being that the punishment for any terrorist act is so severe that it would deter all but the most radical members, That’s not what this guy is about, and I think we owe him that much.”

“Alright, I understand that and I have to agree with you,” the President nodded. “Just what do you have in mind?”

“I intend to take this slow. Explain as well as show him everything he could possibly run into during his slavery. I guarantee you he will come out on the other end of this much better than if we try to train him the way we normally do. This guy will not break easily nor should he. He’s done nothing to deserve this.”

“Point taken, Agent,” the Director growled. “What else?”

“I’ll give you a list of what I’ll need at safe house. I’ll need it there today. If thing go the way I plan, we’ll be going there tonight and I want everything ready.”

The Director was more confused than ever. “The safe house is always fully stocked. What more could you need?”

“I’m going to need certain items for the training sessions. It’s a four room cabin; I’ll need one of the rooms converted to a training room. I’ll need a flogging cross, a punishment horse, cuffs hung from the ceiling…”

“All right, I get then picture. Just make me the list.”

“Mr. President, I have a question for you?”
“What is that, Agent Gibbs?”

“How much has this man been told about why he’s been arrested?”

“Well, of course as I said before he doesn’t have the proper clearance to tell him much.”

“Is that the government’s way of saying he was arrested and thrown into solitary without having not only his charges not read to him but Miranda Rights as well?”

“Agents Gibbs, that is quite enough,” Director Morrow warned once again.

Gibbs glared at the Director then turned to the President. “Sir, we have to tell the man why he was arrested. I understand about the security clearance, but you can’t expect him to just lay down and roll over without knowing why. We don’t have to tell him the entire story. We can tell him that his investigation strayed into Homeland Security territory and that this situation he now finds himself in is for the good of the country.”

“Do you really think that is a wise idea? Won’t that just cause him to be more resistant to your training when he finds out he was…uh…”

“Framed? That’s a chance I’m willing to take. Hell, the man deserves a medal for what we are about to subject him too. I think the least we can do is give him some kind of explanation.”

“Alright, Agent Gibbs, I’ll see to it he has some explanation before he’s brought here.”

“Thank you, sir. There is one last thing.”

“What else could you possible want, Gibbs.” Director Marrow sighed. “Don’t you think your pushing it a bit?”

‘Maybe I am, sir, but this is a deal breaker. You agree to this and I will make sure that you never have to worry about Anthony DiNozzo again.”

“I’m intrigued, Agent Gibbs. Name your last condition.” The President smirked at the agent.

“I want a guarantee that he will be given to a Master that will treat him well. I will not put this man thought the hell he’s about to go through and then have him sold to someone who will mistreat him.” Seeing that the President was about to interrupt he continued before he could. “We all know that there are people out there who buy theses slaves and then put them through a living hell. That’s why the NAACP started forming the slave rights group. Everyone denies it and looks the other way because of who these slaves are, but it happens. We can’t let it happen to this guy.”

Gibbs’ gut clenched when he saw the two men smile at each other and then chuckle.

“What?”

“Well,, Agent Gibbs, we were thinking along the lines of giving him to you,” the President smiled. “That would certainly solve that problem.”

“Me, take a male slave. I don’t think so.”

“Why not, Gibbs? As the President said it would solve the problem and I’ve never seen you happier than when you and Stan were together.” Seeing Gibbs’ shocked look, the Director continued. “Yes, Gibbs, I knew about you and Stan. You kept it out of the office and so I had no problem with it. Besides, you seemed happier and more settled with him in your life.”

“That was a long time ago, Director, and Stan wasn’t a slave. I’ve done the slave thing once before, never again.”

“You had a slave before, Agent Gibbs, I wasn’t aware.”

“It wasn’t for long and it wasn’t exactly memorial.”

“Now, Gibbs, for some of us it was very memorable.” The Directors’ smirk returned at the glare Gibbs was shooting his direction. “You see, sir, Gibbs here decided after two failed marriages that maybe he would try a female slave.”

“Which was, it turns out, the biggest mistake of my life. Now, can we continue with Mr. DiNozzo?”

“Oh no, not till I get the entire story,” the President laughed.

“Fine, my slave was a woman who was engaged to a man who used her credit cards to buy components for a bomb. He also used her home to store them. When Homeland Security finally busted him, she was arrested along with him, even though she had no idea what he was up too.”

“Well, unfortunately that’s the law. If there is anything linking you to terrorism, you are arrested and sent into slavery,” the President cut in.

“Yes, that’s the law, right or wrong. Anyway, about a year after taking possession of the woman I was visited at NCIS by one of the NAACP members. It seems my slave reported to them that I was ‘unreasonably cruel and she feared for her life.’ The problem was the night before she reported me she had taken a nine iron to my head.”

“He ended up with twenty stitches,” the Director continued the story. “I still say you should have returned her to the slave registration and let her get resold instead of giving her to Fornell.”

“Agent Fornell, of the FBI?” the President was shocked.

“Yea, well he wanted her and she wanted him. I figured they deserved each other.” Gibbs smirked at the confused look on the President. “After I turned her over to Fornell he petitioned the courts to free her so he could marry her. Since he was with the FBI the courts granted his petition. One year after he married her, she gave birth to their daughter. Six months later she filed for divorce, took their daughter and a good chunk of her paycheck for alimony and child support.”

“Well, I can certainly understand your feelings, but I would still like you to consider taking DiNozzo for yourself.” The President raised his hand to forestall any objections. “Just think about it. If you choose not to take him, I will find someone suitable for him, agreed?”

“Agreed.”

“Alright then, I will have DiNozzo here by five tonight for Dr. Mallard to exam him and I will have the cabin set up the way you want it by the same time.”

“If he checks out with Ducky, he and I will fly out of here by nine tonight. I’ll start his training tomorrow.”

“Fine, I’ll have a helicopter available for you tonight to take you to the cabin. We will bring you supplies as you need them, just radio us,” the Director stated as he stood to shake the President’s hand. “I’ll keep you informed, sir, just let me know if there is anything else you need.”

“Thank you, Director Morrow, and thank you Agent Gibbs. You’re doing your country a great service.” With that the President walked out the door.

“That’s certainly debatable.” Gibbs whispered to himself.
Chapter End Notes:
This is an Alternate Universe slash slave fic