- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony finally arrives
Chapter 5

Ducky looked up from the instrument tray he was organizing when the Autopsy doors slid open allowing Gibbs into his domain. Gibbs could tell by the look on the doctor’s face that he was not happy about what he had been ordered to do. He knew he would have to make it up to the man when this was all over.

“Hey, Duck, you about ready? He should be here anytime?”

“Yes, Jethro, I’m ready, but I have to tell you this goes against every grain of my fiber. “

“I know and I understand, but this is the best way to handle this and it’s necessary. Did you get everything together I asked to be sent to the cabin?”

“Yes, I just hope you know what you’re doing. I would have thought with your history that you would have refused such an outrageous request.”

“Believe me, Duck, I wish I could have. I’m not doing this because I agree with what those bastards are doing, I’m doing this to try and help the kid.”

“Help him,” Ducky shouted. “Explain to me how forcing this young man to submit to the hell he is about to be subjected to when he had not only done nothing wrong, but was actually doing what he was supposed to be doing, is helping him.”

“Well, Ducky, what do you think would have happened if I would have refused? Do you really think they would have just patted him on the back saying how sorry they are for the misunderstanding and let him go alone his merry way? No, they would have found someone else and I can guarantee you that all that will be in the trainer’s mind will be how fast and how completely they can break him. Do you think this kid deserves that kind of treatment?”

“No, I suppose your right,” Ducky shook his head looking down at his feet.

“This way I can control what is done and how long it takes. I can teach him what he needs to know to get by and I can make damn sure he’s given to someone who will treat him well. Trust me Ducky when I say this is the only way to guarantee this kid is treated with as much dignity as is humanly possible.”

“I know, Jethro, I know.” Ducky looked back up at Gibbs, anger in his eyes. “It’s just that this really irritates me. If our government can do this to this young man, a Baltimore Homicide Detective, who from what I’ve read, is one of the best, who else could they do this too?”

The two men’s conversation came to an abrupt end at the hissing of the autopsy doors opening. A gasp of shock was heard from across the room from Jimmy Palmer, who had just entered from a side door. In walked two huge, burly men who were half caring, half dragging someone in the traditional orange jump suit. The prisoner had his wrists handcuffed behind his back. Both ankles were shackled together and then brought up to be attached to the handcuffs by a chain, effectively hogtieing the person. To complete the humiliating picture, a canvas hood over the head.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?” Ducky was beyond angry at what he saw in front of him.

“Prisoner transfer, as ordered,” the first guard stated, not the least bit fazed by the doctor’s anger.

“You consider this a proper prisoner transfer?!” Gibbs was just as angry. “Hogtied like a pig ready for the spit?!”

“SOP for these types of prisoners,” the first guard spoke up again. It was obvious he was the spokesman for the two. “If they can’t get their feet on the floor they can’t run can they?”

“Well, get those things off of him, NOW!” Ducky took a step towards them. The second guard’s hand came up in a halting motion, stopping Ducky in his tracks.

“No can do, Doc,” the first guard continued. “He stays just like this as long as he’s in our custody, and we stay right at his side.”

“Well, he’s no longer in your custody,” Gibbs stepped forward completely ignoring the second guard’s hand. Taking a piece of paper out of his coat pocket, he handed it to the first guard. “These orders transfer this man to my custody. Now get those things off him.” Seeing the hesitation in both guards, Gibbs took another step forward. “I won’t tell you again.”

“It’s your funeral, buddy.” Dragging the man over to the chair by Ducky’s desk the second guard unhooked the chain holding the prisoners legs up and let them drop to the ground. The first guard released the handcuffs and shoved the man roughly into the chair. Ducky watched as the man tried to bring his arms forward. It was more than apparent it was extremely painful for him.

“You said this atrocity was SOP for transporting the prisoners. Are you telling me you have had him trussed up like this since you left the prison?”

“Well, yea, Doc.”

“But, that’s a 4 hour drive. You mean he’s been like this for four hours?”

The first guard looked at the second as he finished removing the shackles and then back at the ME. “Well, we stopped for somethin’ ta eat, so I’d say more like five hours.”

“How was he able to eat, trussed up like that?”

“I said we stopped for something ta eat, not him. He stayed in the back of the van.” The first guard smirked towards the second who had a full blown grin on his face.

“You’re telling me you left this man trussed up like this in the back of a van, which has no windows, in this heat while you all went in an air conditioned restaurant and ate. Was this man given anything to eat or drink in those five hours?” Ducky asked through gritted teeth.

With a snort, the first guard looked at the man, the canvas hood still in place. “This ain’t no man, Doc; he’s nothing but a piece of dirt.”

“That enough,” Gibbs growled, getting both guards attention. “You’ve transferred your prisoner, now get out, and believe me when I say this will be reported to your supervisors.”

Turning to leave the first guard called over his shoulder. “If you really think they’re going to care, you’re living in a fantasy world.”

“Wait’” Gibbs called, stopping the two guards who turned back around to see the man pointing at the canvas hood. “Take that thing with you.”

Stepping back over to the prisoner, the second guard ripped the hood off, then both men stormed out of the room.

The minute the hood was ripped away, the man’s eyes slammed shut and he attempted to raise his hands to his face, but the pain in his arms was making it difficult.

“Mr. Palmer, would you please lower the lights for me, thank you.” Ducky called over his shoulder, never looking away from the man in the chair. When the lights where almost always down, the man opened his eyes to a squint.

“Are you in pain, young man?” The ME’s voice was filled with concern.

“M’fine,” the man whispered. “They had the cuffs so tight, my arms went to sleep. I’m starting to get the feeling back now. Lot’s of pins and needles.”

A small smile graced the lips of the prisoner as he looked up at the two men in front of him. Gibbs felt his stomach clench when the bright green eyes and that smile were turned his way. Taking a deep breath, he pushed those feeling aside. Now was not the time for this.

“Did I hear you say I’m in your custody now?”

“Yes, I’m Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs and you are now in my custody, Anthony. You will never go back to that place again.”

Tony’s entire body relaxed at that news, his head dropping to his chest.

“You look exhausted, Anthony, have you gotten much sleep lately?” Ducky indicted with his hand behind his back for Jimmy to raise the lights a bit. Tony’s eyes squinted a bit and then seemed to adjust. He did this in small increments until the lights were back to full strength.

“Sleep,” Tony chuckled “Not sure I know what that is anymore. You see my guards figured I’d be much easier to handle if I was too tired to move. Needless to say they had some very inventive ways to keep me awake.”

“We’re you touched in any way that was inappropriate?” Gibbs could have kicked himself for sounding so concerned, but this kid was getting to him and he didn’t like that idea.

“Everything they did was inappropriate as far as I was concerned.” Tony snapped and then gave a look of apology. “But I think I know what you’re talking about. When I was first brought to my cell, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb came in with another man.”

Tony indicted the door where the two guards had left. “The third guy was some tall, skinny guy with this air of authority. He kind of reminded me of Colonel Klink from Hogan’s Hero’s. Anyway, he was carrying this beautiful jump suit I have on and informed me I was to strip everything off and put it on. They all stood there and watched me while I did what I was told. When I was finished Colonel Klink walked up to me and whispered in my ear that I had a lot to look forward to and then he…uh…squeezed my…uh…privates through my jumpsuit. Then he left and I never saw him again.”

Ducky could see this was taking a great deal out of the man and stepped in to put a stop to it.

“Yes, well, let’s have a look at you, shall we?”

“Sir, why am I here?”

“I’m Dr. Mallard, but you can call me Ducky, everyone does. I’ve been asked to check you over and make sure you are alright, and to make sure you haven’t been injured in anyway during your incarceration.”

“Dr. Mallard, Ducky, I’ve been a cop for close to eight years. I know an autopsy when I see one.”

“Yes, well I am a medical examiner by trade, but I also act as a personal physician for Jethro and a few others. I promise my medical examiner instruments will stay on the other side of the room, alright. Alright now, let’s get up on the table shall we?”

“Dr. Mallard has put a nice, thick blanket on the table to make it much more comfortable and much warmer.” Young Jimmy Palmer smiled at the man to help him feel more comfortable.

Nodding, Tony attempted to stand only to find his leg wouldn’t hold him. As his knee buckled, he felt warm, comfortable hands catch him before he hit the floor. Those same arms wrapped around him and pulled him close.

“Easy, I’ve got you,” the soft voice whispered in his ear, causing him to shiver.

“I guess my legs are still asleep.” Tony breathlessly replied as he turned to look deep into a pair of beautiful blue eyes. “Sorry about that.”

“Never apologize; it’s a sign of weakness,” Gibbs softly responded before he shook himself and practically dragged the man in his arms to sit on the table.

“Let’s remove this jumpsuit,” Ducky said and smiled up at Jimmy Palmer as he unzipped the jumpsuit to the man’s waist and pulling it off his shoulders.

Ducky heard Gibbs take in a sudden deep breath when Tony’s chest was exposed. He had to agree the young man in front of him had a wonderful physique. Knowing Gibbs the way he did, Ducky knew Gibbs appreciated the man’s buffed abs.

“Well, I’ll leave you to your work, doctor. I’m going to check to make sure everything is in place and I’ll be back in a couple of hours.” With that he turned and quickly left the room and got on the elevator. He adjusted for the sudden tightness in his trousers as he mumbled to himself, “This is not good, not good at all. I think I’m in big trouble.”

True to his word, Gibbs was back in the elevator heading for autopsy in exactly two hours. He had gone over the list of things he’d ordered to be sent ahead, but his first job was going to be to check the cabin over to see that it was set up the way he had instructed.

He was finding it increasingly difficult to keep his mind on the task at hand. Each item on each list kept conjuring up images in his mind that he had to push away, or he was never going meet his time schedule.

Two hours earlier:

Gibbs sat at his desk and began check off the items he had asked for.

First item on the list was the Flogging cross. The sudden image of DiNozzo shackled to the cross, his bare back, butt and thighs crisscrossed with red stripes, as he cried out with pleasure filled Gibbs’ mind.

The next item on the list, leather cuffs. The image changed to the man cuffed to Gibbs’ bed, naked, oiled up till he shone in the light from the candles that surrounded the bed.

‘Alright Gibbs, that’s enough’ he thought to himself as he adjusts his increasingly tight trousers. ‘You’re not some horny teenager, get your head on straight.’

Present time:

Gibbs stepped off the elevator and peered into the window of autopsy. He watched the two men as they bustled around the table where his soon to be slave trainee lay naked on the table, a thin sheet covering his most private parts. Ducky moved away from the table and Gibbs noticed an IV hanging over the head of the table, its tube snaking down to Tony’s arm.

Gibbs felt his stomach flip and his heart rate speed up as concern for the man filled his mind. Tapping on the glass door, Gibbs signaled Ducky to step outside with him.

“What wrong with him, Ducky?” Gibbs asked the minute the door shut behind the ME.

“Other than, being totally exhausted and a bit dehydrated- all thanks to those fools who brought him in- he’s fine Jethro.”

“Is that what the IV is for, his dehydration?”

“That and I wanted to give him some IV antibiotics just as a precaution.”

“Something I need to know about, Duck?” Gibbs looked for any sign that there was more than Ducky was telling him.

“No, there is nothing at all to be concerned about. I have done a complete physical and I see no sign of any kind of assault. I merely thought it would be prudent, given his isolation, to give a bolus dose of antibiotic just to be safe.”

“Are you about done with him?”

“Yes, he’s had something to eat and drink, his antibiotic, a bolus of fluids and a solid two hours sleep. He should be fine by morning.”

“Then let’s do this.” Gibbs turned towards the door, but stopped when he felt Ducky’s hand on his arm.

“Jethro, do you really feel this is necessary?”

“Yeah, Duck, I do. It not only will be much easier on him, but it will much easier on all of us. It needs to be done.”

Shaking his head, sadly, Ducky led the way back into autopsy. Standing by the head of table, Ducky checked the IV before looking back at Gibbs, getting the nod to go ahead.

“Anthony, are you with us?” Ducky gently patted the man’s shoulder.

Tony opened his eyes, squinting at the bright light. Palmer immediately lowered the light a bit so the man could see Ducky standing over him.

“Yeah Doc, I’m awake.”

“Good, good. Agent Gibbs is back so we’re going to get you ready to go, alright?’ Ducky turned back to his instrument tray.

“Where am I going from here?”

“Some place safe, I promise you. Don’t worry DiNozzo, I have your six.” Gibbs’ baby blues locked onto a set of beautiful green eyes.

Tony didn’t know why, but he suddenly felt safe and secure with this man in the room.

Ducky turned back to the table with a syringe in his hand and began to inject it into Tony’s IV port,

“Wait, what’s that?” Tony was suddenly afraid.

“It’s nothing, dear boy, just a shot of vitamins to help replace what you lost while you were in that cell. It won’t hurt you one bit.”

Ducky and Gibbs exchanged a quick look between them and then back to the man on the table. Tony began to feel extremely tired and he found it increasingly difficult to keep his eyes open.

“I guess I’m more tired than I thought.” His voice slurring as he attempted to rise off the table. “I guess we should leave before I fall asleep a… uh… asleeeepppppp.”

The three men standing around the table watched as Tony took a deep breath and then settled into a deep sleep.

“I hope you know what your doing, Jethro.”

“So do I Ducky, so do I.”