- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The change for Ziva started when she was 19/20, but it's now 2003, and Ziva has come to America, bringing along her 3 year old daughter Hannah. Ziva runs into someone she once had sex with, and now her whole world has to change for the girls.
Part II

chapter 1:

Three years later...

I Ziva David walked in, a scar upon my stomach hidden by my tan tank top, and my tattoo of my child's name hidden by my magenta thong. I walk with respect, acting like nothing new is to be expected. I carry with me an Israeli passport, cell phone, and a backpack full of crime scene equipment.

I walk into the building marked as 234B NA, or 234, building B on Navy Avenue. I pass through the American security, and walk to a crowd of people by the elevator. I saw out of the corner of my caramel Israeli eyes a young familiar male who went running for the sign that had a picture of someone on stairs. The elevator gaped open, and we threw ourselves into it, trying to take as much space up as possible. I flipped open my silver Motorola razor, seeing a picture of my 3 year old and myself, the wallpaper saying Hannah Banana and Ima.

When the doors opened to floor 5, I walked out, looking around to see nobody, but the male who took the stairs.




Chapter 2

I walked over to the male, he as pale as the white dry sand upon beaches, and I stared a turn-on moody stare.

"Shalom Agent DiNozzo." I stared him down, my tongue curled up, leaning on my upper lip.
"Ziva?" Tony questioned in disbelief.
"ken, I came about Ari. But only about Ari, I do not want to elapse over the sex anymore Anthony." I deeply soughed.

He glared at me in agony, concern, but I didn't do anything but walk a little to the right of his desk, starting to taunt him with what I remembered from the 28 year old Tony, who was now almost 32. I being 23, still had a strong hint of feeling for the guy, but it was only because his daughter has his eyes and smile.

Tony looked at me, seeming rather decisive and sweet, he was confused, lost in the last moment from before I left. I remember when I left, I was just seven months pregnant with his daughter.

"Red Ferrari. mustang guy, and movie lover." I crept into it, asking random questions.

Gibbs came out in a flash, and called down in what to me sounded like frustration. "Ziva, Deputy Director David wants a word with you...NOW."




Chapter 3:

I got to MTAC, seeking the video image of my father, I spoke in Hebrew.

"Shalom Aba."
"Shalom Ziva, how was the travel?"
"Bumpy, and rough, for me." I nodded, slightly for it to mean for Hannah, but verbally made it clear it was for me.
"Very well."
"Ken, what is wrong?"
"I want that brother held alive, and brought back to me, do we have a clear understanding?"
"Ken aba."
"Shalom my dear Ziva."
"Shalom."

I walked out of MTAC, only to go back downstairs.

Back in the squad room Tony just stared at me, my tank top riding up a little, but me making it a constant habit of fixing it. I could tell Tony kept trying to peak, him probably thinking my belly button was still pierced, and me staring at him.

"Eye problem DiNozzo?"
"No, sorry."
"mmhm...sure."

"Gear up, Ari is targeted."
"Can I come Gibbs?"
"No, stay."
"Can I make a run while you all are out?"
"Sure, bring me coffee."
"Black I'd take it?"
"Yes David."

I nodded, and went following, but only to the elevator. I got off on the third floor, being sick of Tony's stare at me.

After leaving, I went to my nearby friend's home, who there to find was my daughter. I went in and smiled seeing Hannah cooking.

"Shalom Hannah,beeshool ken?"
"Ken ima"
"Tova Ha'bat sheli, Biti."
(English-
"hello Hannah, cooking yes?"
"Yes mommy"
"Good my daughter.")

She let me lick the spoon, and I smiled. But my phone ruined it, for I was being texted about Ari once again. So I kissed Hannah, told her "ani ohev otach", and left.




Chapter 4:

I got to the NCIS building, smiling, not even realizing the flour on my cheek, and looked at Tony.

"What?"
"You have something white on your cheek."
"I do?"
"Yes."
"Shit, hold on"

I went to the bathroom, and wiped it off, nervous for him to find out. I then got to the squad room, cleaned up and looked around.

"Ziva, I have to ask something."
"What now Tony?"
"You, and me, get coffee tomorrow?"
"Fine."

I agreed, not even realizing Hannah.





Chapter 5:

I carried little 2'4" Hannah into the local corner coffee shop called "Starbucks" and when we entered, I saw there Tony, carrying over a brownie for us to share, and two coffees. I didn't know what to tell him, for it was obvious I wasn't just babysitting.

Tony's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he saw the kid. There was such a striking resemblance to him of myself, in which it scared him. He shakes it off. "No way. Not even possible," Tony thought to himself. We take our seats, looking at each other. Tension builds as an awkward silence engulfs us, background noise seemingly deafening. My heart beat so fast within my rib cage. I had no idea what to say. Luckily, Tony spoke first.

"So," He starts, chuckling nervously. "Stuck baby sitting again?"

I frowned slightly. "Not exactly," I thought, my mind spinning. "What could I say? What would he say back?"

"Erm, not... not exactly." I say as I finally spoke.

"Ziva, I am really confused."

"I can imagine and for this I am sorry."

I looked down, shame eating at what was left of my soul. "Why did I lie? Why did I not tell him?" The toddler moves in my arms.

"Ziva?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"I must admit I have not been entirely truthful with you... there is something you should know."

Tony glared at me speechless, he looked back at the young toddler, then too me, seeing that she had emerald visioned eyes, and a DiNozzo smile, the tight caramel brown loose curls amongst her head dangled, bouncing in her every movement.

In sincerity I looked at her, pushing her hair out of her face, then spotted my eyes to him, "Tony, this beautiful girl... she... she is your daughter... our daughter."

Tony just stared, and got up, leaving. Hannah looked up, and in her small accent of Hebrew she spoke, " uh oh."

Tears stung my eyes as Tony started to leave. But, to my surprise, he stopped. Upon hearing that tiny voice, something within his heart told him to stop, go back.
Hannah hugged me, telling me it was okay, she was okay, but I had no idea, I had no idea I would hear his foot steps behind me coming towards me.



Chapter 6:

"What's her name?" He asked from behind me.
I looked at Hannah, trying to smile, and keep my stare at my baby.

"Hannah...Hannah Marisol."

He smiles and crouches down beside us. Mesmerized, he played with a curl on Hannah's head. He smiled wider.

"She is beautiful. As are you."
I looked up at him then back to her.

"she was a painful little one, Cesarian, but she was worth it."
"I wish I could have been there, for you both." He frowns a bit, touching her cheek. "I am so sorry."
Hannah looked up, grabbing his hand, looking at him, not knowing or understanding, I translate into our original Hebrew, saying;
"Tinoq,min haymon hazzehivahol'a misrad haqlita bete'avon aba Hannah."
(English- "Baby, this is daddy, this is your daddy Hannah.")

He smiles to the little girl, wanting so badly to scoop her up, hold her close... be there. She was perfect. Anger simmered into this uncharacteristic softness which resulted from looking into those tiny expressive eyes which resembled his own. He made a life. He and Ziva created a life.
Hannah looked up at him, searching for her same heart that she had inherited from Tony, and there she spoke; "aba."
"Hello." He says in a soft voice.
I smiled, seeing her fall in love with her father just instantly, but inside, I bawled, knowing what I did would hurt her in the long run.

He saw then this sadness on my face and grew concerned.

"Ziva?" He said, sitting beside us. He put his arms around us both.
I shook my head, not wanting to share. "Tony please, I'm happy." I significantly lied to him about.
"Don't try to sell me that, swill, sweet cheeks. It's not going to work." He says into my ear, kissing it after. "I love you."
I looked at him and smiled a small smile.

"I just, I didn't tell you, I effected her, and you. You could have been there, She could have had the father space on her birth certificate filled out."

A tear fell slightly escaping.
He nodded, knowing how sorrowful that can be.

"Ziva, why don't we access her records and I can sign the original one, hmm?"

He wipes away the tear and runs his fingers through my hair.
I looked at him and snarled like I was calling my horse Blueberry.

"Eli has her records, there is no way."




Chapter 7:

"Baby..." He said, letting out a breath. He wished, no prayed, that somehow things would get better. "No matter... I know now. I love you both. I am here, and I am never leaving you. EVER!"
I looked into his eyes, noticing Hannah had the same stare, and then looked and watched our daughter play.

"Eli worked my ass to death with Mossad my whole pregnancy."

"Oh God! baby, I promise, if I would have known... you would not have had to lift a finger. I wouldn't have let you." He holds me tighter.
I looked at him again, happy, feeling my heart pick up, feeling the missing piece sew itself back into place.

"Do not blame yourself for me."
He leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "I love you."
I smiled and looked at him, kissing him.

"I love you only more."



Chapter 8:

Hannah ran over, reaching up, I took her into my arms and smiled.

"Ooo sheli gadol yalda." I said telling Hannah she's my big girl.
Hannah giggled and I smiled wide. I then got up, nodded to Tony and kissed his cheek.

"Where are you two going?"
"Hannah's naptime Tony, she needs to rest."
"Okay,how do you say night?"
"Lailah Tov Tony."
"Lailah Tov Hannah, Ziva."

With that, we left, I setting the preschooler into her pink, graco booster seat in my rental car. I smiled at her, kissed her forehead, and got in the driver's seat. I turned, handing Hannah the sippi cup, and smiled.
"Hannah, naptime." I declared, knowing that was the only englih she ever knew.
"ken ken ima. lailah tov."
I smiled and put her baby blanket on her. "Lailah tov sheli yalda."

I drove to the hotel room Ari had set for us, and set her on the bed, but out of nowhere, the door flew open, and there stood Ari.




Chapter 9:

"Qam Ziva, !" Ari shouted, causing Hannah to fidget and wake.

"Ima ma misrad haqlita min hayom hazzehivahol'a?" Hannah asked in Hebrew.
(english- mommy what is this?)

"Lailah Tov Hannah Marisol, lailah tov akhshav."
"Lo Lo ima."
"Hannah, asha eyn siper reva l- lo."
(english- Hannah do not tell me no)

"Matay Ani 'amar qam, Ani beynatayim qam, AKHSHAV!"
(English- "When I say get up, I mean get up, now")

I picked Hannah up, looking for a way out of his site, scared of him hurting Hannah.

"Ari, please. Do not try to hurt her, please."
"Ziva, shut up, stop being an ass, and I can't fight you back."

I stared him down, fear in my gaze.
"Act like I've got you hostage, NCIS is outside, go."
"Lo, Ari I am not losing you."
"Ziva, you must."
"But...Tony."
"That ass is out there?"
"Ken, he's probably wanting Hannah."
"Lo, he's not getting her."
"Ken, Ken, he won't be."
"Go."

I left, trying not to go with Ari's plan, and walked out, Tony coming to me, Hannah resting her head on my shoulder. She sucked to a pacifier, held tight to her blanket, and I carried with me her sippi cup.

Tony sighed of relief. "Thank God" He said under his breath and then rushed past us into the room, only to see that Ari was nowhere in sight. He laid eyes on an opened window and knew then that he had disappeared. "Crap..." He whispered.




Chapter 10:

Tony sighed. "If it were Gibbs, he would have actually caught him" He said, blaming himself. He walked out to McGee, who was standing in the hall and whispered. "I'm gonna catch that son of a bitch. I want him caught, you hear me?" And walked back into me and Hannah.

I nodded, looking at Hannah, I realized McGee or the others never had met mine and Tony's daughter.

"McGee"
McGee looked at Tony and me, and the little girl I was holding. "Is...is she..." He didn't know what to say.
"Tim, this is Hannah, Hannah, this is Tim."
McGee nodded and came over to us. He looked at Hannah and smiled. "Hey Hannah" He looked up at me. "She is so cute."
I smiled, and looked at the three year old. "Thank you, but she was a lot more than what I expected."
He nodded. "Well, as long as you two are happy."
I nodded, and smiled. "I think we are."
"That's good."



Chapter 11:

Tony looked at us again, and opened his mouth, "if you need a place to stay, I don't mind sharing the spare room I have at my place."
I smile and nod, "yes please, and give us a minute." I took a gun, handing Tony Hannah, and went to the rental car Ari had rented us, getting the booster seat, and all the toys that were in the car, and then shot out the tires, returning to the group. "Oops. I will have to call and rent a car myself it looks like, toda for taking her while I did that." I took Hannah back into my arms, and then put the booster seat in Tony's car.

I smiled and looked at Hannah. "Lailah tov Hannah."
Hannah nodded with a small yawn and starts to doze off. I looked over and smiled. "We going or not?"
"Coming Ninja. Bye guys." Tony grunted and got his keys from me, starting the car.
On the way to Tony's, I called the car rental office. "No, I am yes,...You cannot put me on hold yet,... please, I am driving with a toddler, I'd rather be safe than sorry, I want-" I looked into the phone and cursed under my breath.
"Bad luck?"
"No, just a bad ass who is wanting to die."
"Calm down, they have always been pain in the asses Ziva."
"Tony, I'm a single mother with a three year old. I want to know she is safe."
"Yes, but I want to know you are both safe."
"Tony, just hush, please."
"Sorry."
Tony continued driving, I starred out the window, a nervous feeling had settled in my gut. I had to tell Tony, I just had to, but could I say it in front of Hannah.?


Chapter 12:

After a thirty minute drive, we arrived to Tony's apartment. I went to the guest room and laid the sleeping toddler in bed, not caring about changing her, and walked out to the living room, looking at Tony.
"We need to talk."
"What about? You aren't pregnant are you?" Tony mocked.
"No, I'm not, and about Ari thank you very much."
"Sorry, what about him?"
"I want him to be controlled, I do. But I don't want him near my daughter."
"Meaning?"
"A few months ago, something happened. I was sitting with Hannah in the living room playing, teaching her the alphabet, when he walked into the apartment drunk. We broke out into a fight Tony, and he pushed Hannah. Hannah has been afraid of him ever since, and tonight, she reminded me of myself. She stood up to him, and it made me realize, Mossad has ruined life, and NCIS has to stop it, now."
Tony could only stare me down, questionable about the idea of me going against my father, but I wanted my daughter and brother to have justice, and no trouble at all.
"Please Tony."
...Tony then broke the silence. "I'll see what I can get NCIS to do."
"Thank you. Good night Tony."
"Night Ziva. Sleep tight."
"You too."


Chapter 13:

The next morning, I woke to ind Hannah snuggled into me, and to the smell of something burning.
"Uggg Tony." I said to myself.
I looked at Hannah and slowly got out of the bed going into the kitchen, walking as I fixed my hair.
"Morning DiNozzo."
"Zva, eggs for breakfast?"
"Ugg no thank you, haven't eaten eggs since before I got pregnant."
"Okay."
I sat at the bar styled counter and yawned, slouching a little.
"How did you sleep?" I spilled out of my mouth.
"Not bad, were you and Hannah comfortable?"
"Maybe."
Then the phone rang, it wasn't a normal seeming call to me in my head though. It was more of a work call, or a call from Ari, and then Tony interrupted my thought handing me the phone. I looked at Tony and nodded.

"Shalom Ari?"
"Ziva, I'm sorry, I am."
"Ari, calm down, what is wrong?"
"I must go to Gibbs."
"No Ari, do not even risk your ass like that."

Hannah walked out dragging her baby blanket and I looked at her and put my finger over my mouth to show her to be quiet.
"Ari just come see me."
"Where?"
"NCIS head quarters."
"I will, and bring Hannah."
Ari hung up, leaving my eyes wide.

"Tony."
"Ziva, she and you can do this."
"But not our daughter."
"Yes our daughter."

I teared up, scared on how Ari would react around Hannah this time.

"Fine, watch her, I am going to shower."
"Ken ima."
I smiled and kissed her head, walking out of the room towards the guest room to shower.





Chapter 14:

After I showered, and prepared us for the day, we walked out, going to the car, faking our happiness to help Tony stay positive, but inside, quilt and fear were eating at me.
"Ima ohtay?"
"Ken Hannah Ima okay."
I smiled at Hannah and put her in the booster seat.
"You will be fine."
"I know Tony, toda."
"No problem Ziva."
I got into the passenger side of the car and smiled.
"I packed Hannah lunch, she has a turkey sandwich and some veggie stix."
"Thank you Tony, that is so nice."
"Very welcome."

I smiled at Hannah as I checked on her, then looked in front to the road and yawned.
"Tired?"
"Ken."
"Well, it'll get better."
"Yes it will."

We soon arrived to NCIS, I picked Hannah up and started walking to the entrance.



Chapter 15:

I walked into the bullpen, and smiled to Gibbs.
"Morning Ziva, Hannah."
"Good morning Gibbs."

Tony sat at his desk, and I sat at the one empty desk with the name slate on it, it saying Kate Todd on it. I sat assuming this was a sacred desk. Then Tim walked in, looking at me.
"Uhm, that's Kate's desk!"
"Oh, sorry."
I got up and looked at Tony. "I'll be roaming around."
"Be careful you two."
"Aba ken ken."
I smiled and walked away, only to feel hurt back in my heart.



Chapter 16:


As we walked, Ari came up behind us, stopping us.
"Ziva."
"Ari, what the heck is going on?"
"I killed that Kate Todd, I'm sorry."
"When?" At this point I was covering Hannah's ears.
"I wanted to get Gibbs, Aba is a bastard, and he is his target, you must gain his trust, please."
"Lo Ari, I'm not playing your games. We need you home."
"Lo Ziva."
"Ari, please, do not be dumb."
"I am already a most wanted suspect, please Ziva."
"Ari...." I started shaking my head."I can't, I don't want to risk my child either."
"Ziva, please."
"Ari no. If you want to know more about Gibbs, call some man aba told me about, his name is Mike Franks."
"Mike Franks?"
"Ken, he supposedly lives in Mexico, along the beaches, please. I can't do your job, I must complete mine first."

I turned, walking away from my own brother.



Chapter 17:


I rushed to Gibbs' desk, pulling him aside, panicked, knowing my brother could have been watching, and looked at him.
"You have a problem Officer David?"
"Yes Gibbs, Ari."
"We all have a problem with that pain in the ass."
"No, not like that, he is trying to locate a Mike Franks."
"He's in Mexico, beach side, why?"
"No other questions asked Gibbs, I just had to ask if he would be safe."
"He will be, no worries David."
I nodded, and walked back towards Tony.
"I must get going, have a play date with a friend from Tel Aviv who we haven't seen in roughly two years."
"Okay, bye Ziva, be home by 6. That's when dinner is."
"Okay Tony, bye."
"Shalom aba." The sweet toddler's voice broke out into saying.
"Bye Banana."
I smiled, walking to the elevator, soon getting on, and then leaving.


Chapter 18:

"She is a big girl now."
"She's beautiful Ziva, I can't believe we ended up in D.C, and got to get together."
"Me too, have I told you Avi is a great young man?"
"Being that he is four, I'm well surprised."
"I am glad to see my nephew growing up."
"I am as well, but he never asks abut Ari, not yet anyway. Have you talked to him lately?"
"Uhm, well, he's still working, with Iden, and Nahril."
"I see."
I paused and laughed a little. "Hannah, lo." I demanded sweetly as she tried to get a glass ball from the small side table.
"As we were saying?"
"Ken, Adina, I need your help as a sister-in-law."
"How so, is everything okay?"
"Ari has stirred a great deal of agony and trouble by murdering an NCIS agent. Adina, your husband is on the most wanted list."
Adina was speechless, and her eyes were enlarged. "Wh- Why?"
"He murdered many people Adina, I'm so sorry."
Tears stung Adina's eyes, and she nodded. I looked at the two children as they giggled and stumbled around the room.
"Can you watch Avi while I do something please?"
"Ken I can. no problem."
"Toda par."
Adina got up, leaving the room, starting to sob as she did.Avi looked at me and jumped into my lap, I only faked a smile and hugged him close.
"How are you my dear nephew?"
"Good, why can't Hannah speak English like me?"
"Because, we just moved here Avi."
"If we weren't cousins, id probably date her."
I chuckled under my breath and kissed his forehead. "I don't know Avine, she's still younger than you by two years."
"That would be perfect too."
"Lo, she doesn't need to know what dating is yet, got it?"
"Our secret Aunt Ziva."
I smiled, and hugged him once more, setting him back down."Hannah, ima needs to go check on Aunt Adina, stay here, both of you."
The two nodded, and I smiled seeing Hannah was starting to understand English. I then got up and went to the master bedroom seeing Adina sobbing.
I closed the door and looked at her.
"Adina, honey?"
"Ziva, I'm sorry."
"Hey, it's okay." I hugged her tight, and kissed her head.
"But I married a man of dignity and strength, not this."
"That is what the divorce was about, wasn't it?"
"Ken, he was too strong for me."
"I see, I tried talking to him, but he is out of hand."
"He won't listen to anyone."
"Not even my father."
"He was so abusive too."
I looked at Adina stunned, and speechless.
"He- my brother what?"
"He was so powerful, he got sometimes physical with me Ziva."
"Adina, you should have called me."
"I wanted to. So fucking bad too."
"Next time if there is a next time, call me."
"I will."
"Good, well, Hannah and I have plans with her father."
"Okay, thank you for stopping by and telling us the news dear."
"Thank you for welcoming us Adina. I hope life gets better, and call whenever you'd like to."
"I will. bye Ziva."
"Bye Adina."
I walked down the stairs, and picked Hannah up, leaving the house.


Chapter 19:

I walked into Tony's apartment, it now being late, and smiled sitting at the table with Hannah.
"Tony, what's this?"
"Subway."
"What is that?"
"They never had a subway in Israel?"
"No, never."
"It's a sub sandwich, try it. Hannah looks to love the one I got her."
Hannah nodded and gave a thumbs up, making me laugh a little."Okay, I'll try it."
I unwrapped the paper, and took a bite, smiling."This is delicious!"
"It is fresh, and healthy."
"Tony, we thank you."
"Very welcomed."
"Can you watch Hannah for me tonight, I have to go see Gibbs about something."
"Of course, I'll have her watch a movie with me."
"Make sure it's PG, I don't need more nightmares because of movies."
"Bad experience?"
"Awful, she saw the Corn Maze children, and it was a constant few weeks of bed wetting and screaming."
"I will watch a Barney!"
"A what?"
"It's a dinosaur thing, it's a child's thing."
"No, try Dora, or sponge bob."
"Okay." Tony stated furrowing his brows confused.
"Sponge bob is silly."Hannah announced in her English.
I looked at her and squealed so excited seeing she was picking English up fast.
"Wow munchkin, you know English!"
"Ehhh.."
I smiled and kissed her. When I finished eating, I got up and grabbed my coat.
"Ima will be home soon, I love you Hannah."
"Love you ima."
I smiled and left, borrowing Tony's car.



Chapter 20:


When I got to Gibbs' home, I stepped out of the car and went to the house dead silent, knowing Ari was to be here. I found a door to be cracked, and assumed it was the room Gibbs was to be found either dead or alive in, then I hear two male voices, one a normal American tone, and the other to be a deep Israeli accent.
"Kill me Ari."
"You have my father to blame if I do."
"You and your father both are bastards."
"I know, but he was born as one, he just made me one."
"Either way, Ari Haswari you are a pain in NCIS' ass."
"And NCIS is a pain in Mossad's ass."
I stayed behind the wall and took my aim, hoping I would just end the feud without a death.
"You are to be joining Caitlin Todd Gibbs."
As Ari, my own brother took his aim with the sniper, I shot him, marking his forehead like he did to Todd, and walked down the stairs, looking at the ground beneath me as I walked.
"Ziva?"
"I'm okay Gibbs." I stated with tears forming, trying to run down my cheeks of rosy blush.
"He was your brother?"
"He was, my father lost control of him, way back when. Even before I ended up pregnant, he only cared for me."
"I'm sorry, I'll give you a minute."
I nodded and started saying a prayer in Hebrew, tears started to stream and sting my cheeks. Gibbs went up stairs.


Chapter 21:

I sat outside, Tony and Hannah showing up, Hannah running over to me.
"Hey baby." I hugged her, and looked at Tony nodding.
"Where Ari?"
"He's with your Aunt Tali now baby."
"Where's that?"
"In the sky, they are watching over you and me."
"Really?"
"Ken baby, ken."
I kissed her, and picked her up after I stood, walking over to the NCIS vehicle.



Chapter 22:


the next few days, Hannah and I were preparing to go home. On that Thursday, I went into NCIS to thank the team for their support, and for some of the great times we all had together, when the Director, Jenny Shepard came up to me.
"Ziva, in my office please?"
"Sure Jen."
I went to her office to find Secnav sitting at the table.
"Shalom."
"Hello Officer David, it was a great deed to have worked with such an honorable agent. What is your secret?"
I smiled and looked at him.
"My daughter and her rights to protection sir."
He smiled and nodded to Director Shepard, leaving the room.
"Please, sit."
"Okay." I took a seat and looked at her.
"Your father contacted me Ziva, and you are going to stay in Washington D.C, you are now working with NCIS as a liaison officer."
"Thank you Jennifer."
"You are welcome, I'll give you a few days to the end o the week to settle, and your father is sending you and Hannah's things here."
I nodded, feeling appreciated."Thank you."
"Go, get things organized."
"Yes ma'am." I got up, and grabbed the badge that laid in front of me and walked out, feeling the over joy inside build up, and my curly hair bounce upon my back in every step. Hannah stood at the stairs and ran over to me, smiling and giggling, Tony stood by his desk, a wide grin across his face, and the others doing their work. I walked with my pride, and rejoice covered along with all my other emotions, I carried Hannah down the stairs and walked up to Tony and hugged him, smiling.
"Welcome home Officer David, and Junior Officer David..David-DiNozzo."
I kissed his cheek, and smiled down handing Hannah my badge, setting her at my desk,the one that once belonged to Agent Todd, and shook everyone's hands whom knew I had just joined the agency. There was one person, Abby, who seemed to not like me, but adored Hannah. I didn't mind her playing with Hannah, but I wanted to know her better. I looked at Gibbs, and nodded with a smile, sitting in the chair, Hannah looking at me while she sat on the desk, and blew kisses.At that moment, life changed to being perfect.





Epilogue:


Three months later, we celebrated Hannah's fourth birthday. She has also started preschool. We also have moved out of Tony's apartment, living in our own. Hannah switches homes too, I have her for the week, and Tony gets her for the weekend.
To this day, I admit I miss Ari, but I don't dwell over it. I hardly talk to Adina now, but Avi does stay with me sometimes.
I have become more welcomed to the team, and Abby is still not on the liking the whole idea yet.
Hannah also recently found out she has diabetes, so we are trying to learn how to cope with it.
Life goes on, continuing to bring us humans surprises, I live daily, and I smile daily, Hannah grows and we all grow closer as well.
I guess that's what life is, family, friends, and relief. It doesn't matter how old or happy you are, as long as you are together.