- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva is poisoned and shot all in a month. Can life get any worse or will a certain someone be there for her for the rest of her life?
Ziva looked up from the paperwork she had been doing to find Tony and McGee bickering over a bet that neither one wanted to lose. As the two guys sat at their desks, a loud crash made them jump. Turning around, the three agents saw Abby fall as her high heel got stuck in the gap between the elevator and floor. Ziva shot up straight away and rushed over to her friend who was screaming with pain.

"Abby, what happened?" asked Ziva.

"My heel got stuck. I think I broke my ankle," replied Abby.

"Come on, I'll take you to the hospital."

"Thanks but it's okay. Ducky got a new x-ray machine yesterday. I'll be the guinea pig."

"Alright, lets go." Ziva helped Abby stand up and they got back into the elevator. Ziva pushed the button marked A for autopsy. A few seconds later, the doors opened and Ziva helped Abby into Ducky's autopsy room.

Ducky looked up in shock when he heard the door to his autopsy room open. Abby was as white as a sheet and Ziva was struggling to hold Abby up. Ducky rushed over and put Abby's left arm around his shoulders and he helped Ziva guide Abby to one of his autopsy tables.

"Ziva!" shouted Abby as she sat down.

Ducky turned around to find Ziva leaning on an autopsy table for support. She was breathing heavily and holding her stomach.

"Ziva, you aren't well. Lay down for a while please," said Ducky.

Ziva had come to Ducky two days before because she had been feeling sick and tired. Ducky had quickly determined that she had been working too hard and not been eating enough. He had recommended that Ziva take some time off from work so she could rest. Ziva had not agreed but Gibbs had sided with Ducky, as usual, and ensured that Ziva went home.

Today was Ziva's first day back at work. And, as usual, McGee and Tony were too busy arguing to notice anything else. So it had become her 'duty' to watch out for everyone else, no matter the cost to herself. Her health was not improving and she had been feeling dizzy for a couple of hours now.

"Ducky, you have to help her," said Abby.

There was a slight sadness in her voice. After a small setback where Ziva's half brother, Ari, had shot Abby's best friend, Kate, the two girls had become best friends.

"Ziva, sit down please," said Ducky.

Ziva slowly lifted herself onto another autopsy table. She was shaking.

"Have you eaten breakfast today Ziva?" asked Ducky.

Ziva nodded and lifted her head to look at the medical examiner.

"What's going on Ziva? If you don't talk to me, I can't help you, my dear," said Ducky.

"I don't know Ducky. I was okay for the last two days. I only started feeling sick again a couple of hours ago," replied Ziva.

"Have you had a boyfriend lately?"

"No, I broke up with him about a month ago."

"Have you been resting properly?"

"Yes, at least I think I have. The nausea starts when I drink out of my water bottle."

"I can test the bottle when I'm done Ziva. I think you should get checked out Ziva though. You might have ingested something dangerous," said Abby while Ducky bandaged her ankle. "Thanks Ducky."

"No problem Abby. Its only sprained. Abby's right Ziva. Go to the hospital or I'll tell Gibbs to make you go," said Ducky. His eyes were sparkling.