- Text Size +
"Ziva David?" called the receptionist. Ziva had gone to the hospital after Gibbs had driven her there.

"Yes, that's me," said Ziva.

Ziva stood up and followed the receptionist to a room. It was empty and Ziva sat on a chair while she waited for the doctor to arrive.

Five minutes later, the door opened and Ziva realised that she had been daydreaming. She looked up and smiled at the doctor as he sat down in the chair behind the desk.

The doctor introduced himself as Doctor Smith and pulled a pad of paper and pen towards himself.

"Okay Ziva, tell me what's wrong," said Dr Smith.

"I'm not entirely sure. Three days ago, I wasn't feeling well so the ME at work suggested I take a couple of days off. I did and I was fine. I went back to work this morning and I started feeling sick again," answered Ziva.

"Alright, it sounds like you may have ingested something. Is there a something that makes you feel sick?"

"Yeah, usually it happens when I drink from my water bottle."

"Do you have a particular bottle for work?"

"Yes. I use it because it is bigger than a normal bottle."

"I think I might do a couple of tests and see if I can figure out what the problem might be."

"Okay. What kind of tests though? I mean, is it things like a blood test, or is it something a bit more complex?"

"I'll do a blood test and a tox screen. We'll take it from there."
*****************************************************************************
"Okay Ziva, the results are back. The tox screen showed that your blood has three times the recommended dose of insulin in it. I'm glad you came to me when you did because if you don't get treatment within the next month, there is the possibility that you will die. You don't have to decide yet, but I need to have an answer by the end of the week," said Dr Smith.

"What's the treatment?" asked Ziva.

"Radiation injections for a start."

"Okay. Thank you for your time."