- Text Size +
*Two Weeks Later*

"Good morning Gibbs," said Ziva. It was her first day back at work and she was happy to be back. "The doctor said I have to give you this."

"Okay Ziva. I was planning to put you back in the field today anyway," said Gibbs with a small smile. He looked tired.

"Are you okay Gibbs?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired. I've been here all night trying to solve a case. Maybe you could help me?"

"Sure, what am I looking for?"

"Anything that links the suspect and the victim. I know DiNozzo put it in there but I just can't see it."

"Alright. Here you go, where it says link between suspect and victim."

Ziva handed the file back to Gibbs and then turned her computer on. After a few minutes, a message came up on the screen saying she had one new email. Ziva clicked on the message and found that it was from Abby. She had a new jigsaw that she wanted Ziva to help her complete.

"Gibbs, Abby wants me to help her with a jigsaw puzzle. May I?" asked Ziva.

"Of course. You don't have to ask me Ziva. Go have fun with your friend before I do the puzzle instead," answered Gibbs with a mischievous grin.
*****************************************************************************
"Hey Abbs," said Ziva when she walked into Abby's lab.

"Ziva!" called Abby, running to give her best friend a hug.

"Calm down Abby. I am not going anywhere. You said you wanted my help with a jigsaw puzzle. Lets start it."

"Yay! Okay, come on. It's so cute. It's a white kitten hiding in a tissue box. Lets go!" Abby pulled Ziva through her office and into the ballistics lab. The puzzle was lying on the table.

Ten minutes later, Ziva's phone rang. It was Gibbs.

"Hey Ziva, we've got a call out. Another dead marine with no eyes or lips in Anacostia. You want to come?" asked Gibbs.

"Okay, I'm coming now. Bye," said Ziva. She closed her phone and turned to Abby. "Sorry Abbs, I've got to go."
*****************************************************************************
"Can I drive Gibbs?" asked Ziva.

"Of course you can. Here you go," replied Gibbs. He handed her the keys.

"Oh no, boss, please don't let her drive," whined Tony.
*****************************************************************************
Four hours later, Tony and Ziva were heading up to the third floor of the NCIS building when a guy ran past, almost knocking them over. A few seconds later, Ziva's scream made Tony turn around and pull out his gun. Ziva was clinging to the floor and hanging in the elevator shaft. A guy was holding a gun to her head.

"Drop the gun," said Tony. He heard two people come up behind him but didn't turn around.

"Tony, help me," said Ziva. She was now hanging by her left hand.

Gibbs suddenly appeared behind Tony and walked up to the open elevator doors. He grabbed the guy's arm and dragged him away from the elevator. Tony immediately dropped to his knees and grabbed Ziva's hand. She lifted her right hand and allowed Tony to pull her up.

Shaking, Ziva threw herself into Tony's arms and buried her head in his shoulder. She started to calm down when Tony gave her a bear hug and a kiss.

"Thank you Tony," said Ziva quietly.

"That's okay honey," replied Tony.

Tony and Ziva headed to the stairs and walked up to the third floor.