- Text Size +
"Agent Gibbs?" asked a blood-stained doctor.

"Yes," said Gibbs. He had been waiting outside the operating room for almost eleven hours. This young man was Dr Smith.

"Miss David is very lucky. We've stopped the bleeding in her brain but she is in a very critical condition. Her skull is fractured, her left wrist is fractured, and her right ankle is broken. Apart from her skull, the bones should heal in three to six weeks. She's in a coma right now in the ICU. Her memory of today may be slightly jumbled when she wakes up but I expect her to make a full recovery."

"Thank you Doctor Smith."

"Do you want to see her?"

"Yes, but I think Tony should go first. He's her best friend and he might be able to wake her up."

Tony stood up and followed Dr Smith to Ziva's room. Ziva was lying in the bed, covered in tubes and wires. Her head was bandaged, as well as her left wrist. Her right ankle was covered with plaster.

Tony sat on a chair next to the bed and picked up Ziva's hand. It was cold. And moving. Tony looked up to see Ziva watching his every move.

"Hey Ziva. I'm so glad you're okay. I was so scared. Ask Palmer, he'll tell you. Everyone's here. After the doctor checks you, I'll take you to them," said Tony.

"Okay," whispered Ziva.

Ten minutes later, Ziva was sitting in a wheelchair and Tony was pushing her into the ICU waiting room.

"Look who's awake," said Tony happily.

Gibbs and the team looked up and smiled. Each of them hugged Ziva gently.

"What happened Gibbs?" asked Ziva. Her voice was weak.

"You don't remember?" asked Gibbs.

"No."

"Devon Bradshaw blew up the building. We got stuck in the elevator and a piece of brick hit your head and knocked you out. You've been here for about eleven hours. The doctor said you should make a full recovery."

Ziva unconsciously pulled the blanket Tony had covered her with up towards her stomach.

"Are you cold Ziva?" asked Tony. "Do you want to go back to your bed?"

"I'm okay Tony. Can you get me the dressing gown though?" asked Ziva.

"Sure, I'll be right back sweetheart."

Five minutes later, Tony returned with the dressing gown.

"Boss, can you hold her up please?" asked Tony.

"Sure," replied Gibbs.

Gibbs held Ziva up while Tony helped her put the dressing gown on. He then helped her back into the wheelchair. Gibbs could see that Ziva was in pain but she was never one to complain. Gibbs pulled Tony aside and, together, they went looking for Dr Smith. Abby took advantage of their absence to make Ziva smile.

"Hey Ziva, can I tell you a secret?" asked Abby.

"Of course Abbs," replied Ziva.

"Tony was crying like a baby before. Hahaha."

"I missed it?"

"Yeah. McGee got a video. Want to see it?"

"Okay." Abby noticed that Ziva's face had lit up.

"Here you go Ziva," said McGee.

Ziva took the phone from McGee and watched the video. She was still laughing with Abby, McGee, Palmer and Ducky when Tony and Gibbs came back with Dr Smith.

"What's so funny Ziva?" asked Tony as McGee put away his phone.

"Nothing Tony," said Ziva.

"How are you feeling Ziva?" asked Dr Smith.

"My head hurts a bit," said Ziva quietly.

"Okay, here you go sweetie."

"Thanks."

Dr Smith walked off after Ziva swallowed the tablet. He was glad that she was feeling better already.