- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's Gibbs' comfort that Abby needs, but what about the man himself? Post-ep tag to 10x02 'Recovery'.
He’d known this wasn’t a good idea all along, which was why he’d resisted for so long. But he’d overlooked things too. He could control his mind, but the reaction of his body was another matter. Both mind and body wanted sex with Abby, and with her here in his bed all warm, soft, sexy curves and the uniquely intoxicating scent that was his Abby - if the mind wasn’t going there, the body wasn’t to be denied. Gibbs slept well; they’d gone to bed very early by his standards, shortly after 10pm, so he’d had best part of a refreshing 7 hours sleep when he woke at 5 the next morning. In that respect his actions had been a success; the matted, itchy feeling in his shorts though was not such a success and something he’d failed to consider, although he’d slept deep enough to not even be aware of his wet dream at the time.

In fact he’d slept far better than he had in a long time, even before the bomb went off at the Navy Yard; better than he’d slept with any woman who had shared his bed in recent times - and he was not going to examine that stray thought too closely.

Gibbs disentangled himself from Abby and went into the bathroom where he dealt with business and cleaned himself up. Putting on a clean pair of boxers he returned to the bed and snuggled back up to Abby - allowing himself the comfort as well as her. He dozed lightly for a while before he felt Abby stir at last.

A good night’s sleep had done wonders for her too, and almost immediately she had turned in his arms and he was trying to fend off wandering hands.

It took him grabbing hold of both her wrists and growling at her before she stopped trying to touch him anywhere; once she’d finally stilled, he kissed her on the forehead and then looking into her eyes emphasized:

“Abby, I’m offering sleep here, not sex. You can sleep with me, as long as that’s all you do.”

Abby pouted and wiggled against him, so he tightened his grip on her wrists, but finally she nodded acquiescence.

“But we can do this again?” He had to smile at the eagerness in her voice.

He sighed wearily. “Yes, you can sleep with me, in my bed - for a while. And I don’t mind you touching me, just mind where, I am NOT going to have sex with you.”

She threw her free arm around his chest and wriggled the one she was laying on between him and the mattress and gave him a relatively chaste hug, although he mentally rolled his eyes as her movement squashed his quiescent dick between their hip bones and the pressure provoked a reaction.

Abby felt it too and commented into his shoulder:

“Are you sure? I can feel some interest.”

“Abs, you are a wonderful woman, and I’m not dead, what do you expect?”

Then he was saved by the alarm. With an affectionate slap to Abby’s rump Gibbs disentangled himself from her again and headed for the shower - starting with it on cold.




Most of the drive in to work was in companionable silence, Gibbs was happy enough to be allowed to keep his mind on the driving rather than try to follow Abby’s thought processes in conversation. He was pleased though to sense that she was far more alert in the passenger seat than she had been on the drive home the previous night.

They were almost at the Navy Yard when it suddenly occurred to him:

“You’re going to tell DiNozzo that we slept together last night, aren’t you? You’re going to get him all wound up imagining something that didn’t happen and then I’m going to have to slap him into next week, aren’t I?”

Gibbs glanced across to Abby, who smiled angelically back at him. Yeah, that was his Abs and, truth be told, he enjoyed the innuendo and the flirting with her.




Gibbs was already at his desk when Tony arrived, just a little before McGee and Ziva, and Gibbs beckoned him over to stand in front of his desk.

“Boss?” DiNozzo looked down at the seated man.

“DiNozzo. Don’t take everything Abby tells you today at face value, or you’d better invest in a good helmet.”

Tony stood there for a minute looking puzzled as he mentally re-ran what Gibbs had just told him and still came up blank.

Gibbs looked up from his computer again and waved Tony away. “Haven’t you got work to do?”




A call came in and soon they were hard at work on a case so it was mid-afternoon before Tony got to visit Abby’s domain, expecting to find the worn out occupant that he’d come to recognise and hate in recent weeks. He was therefore surprised to find her almost back to her usual self - full of real beans, and not just caffeine powered, although that was obviously there too.

It made a nice change to be greeted with a “Tony” and a bone-crushing hug again; maybe things were finally getting back to normal.

“Wow, Abs, you’re looking well today!”

“Well Gibbs let me sleep with him last night and...”

Tony held his hands up in horror, the picture those few words brought to mind was quite enough, he did not want her to finish that sentence. The little devil at the back of his mind that wondered about Gibbs’ super powers - particularly the way Gibbs walked in on them so often halfway through a conversation that he really shouldn’t have heard, or even been able to overhear, and apparently knowing all that had been said before he arrived - he didn’t want to consider what super powers Gibbs might have in bed that could revive a tired Abby. Or maybe he did? No! Much as he enjoyed speculating on his co-workers’ sex lives, there were some places that he didn’t want to go.

Forgetting just why he’d gone to Abby’s lab in the first place, Tony beat a hasty retreat. The wicked smile on Abby’s face unseen.




A little while later, the whole team gathered in Abby’s lab to hear what she’d found, before heading off to the address on the post-it note she stuck to Gibbs’ jacket.

Tony found himself watching in fascination as Gibbs proffered the usual “good work, Abs” kiss, shivering as he imagined the two of them together, kissing in a totally different way. And leaving McGee and Ziva puzzled as Gibbs swiped him upside the head with a “What did I tell you, DiNozzo?” as he swept out of the lab.




The case wrapped up fairly neatly, they had apprehended their suspect at the address Abby gave them and he was currently down in interrogation spilling his guts to Ziva and McGee. Gibbs and Tony were working on their reports and then Tony was listening in on the phone conversation that Gibbs was having with someone.

“...nearly finished, you go on home and I’ll see you there if you want. Well, if you want to... You saw the refrigerator this morning, we need groceries for that... OK, I’ll see you later.”

Tony wasn’t accustomed to overhearing domestic conversations from Gibbs. The man just didn’t make calls like that from his desk. Was that Abby he was talking to? Had the bombing made him lose his mind? Tony’s head hurt.




Abby called by her apartment on the way home to collect her own pyjamas and some other clothes and then went grocery shopping and was still home before Gibbs, who found he rather liked coming home to the smell of food cooking, and Abby in his kitchen dressed in old casual wear rather than her usual work attire. He showered, making sure that there’d be no repeat of the wet dream overnight, and changed into long shorts and a t-shirt, returning to the kitchen with still-damp hair to help Abby with their meal.

This second night together set a pattern: they ate and cleared up together whilst talking about everything and nothing. When they’d finished Abby pointed Gibbs in the direction of his basement with a little shove and settled down with her laptop - making use of the internet connection the team had had McGee set up for Gibbs because everyone else on Gibbs’s team wanted internet access available at Gibbs’ house at some time or another even if the owner didn’t.

Late, but not too late, Gibbs bounded back up from the basement and they went up to bed together, comfortably working round each other for the bathroom as if they had been doing it for years. Abby was the last to bed and sat on the edge with her back to him to remove her pyjama top before settling down.

“Abs...” Gibbs warned, but she just looked at him over her shoulder and poked her tongue out at him before settling under the covers with her back still to him. They each scooted toward the centre of the bed to spoon together and Abby offered, “I like the skin to skin contact too” by way of explanation. He couldn’t argue with that.

Day three progressed much like the previous one, work allowed them to drive home together with neither having to stay late. The other big difference was that Abby woke them both again in the wee small hours with another nightmare - but instead of being woken by his phone and then having to take the time to talk to Abby to calm her Gibbs only had to wake enough to snuggle her a little tighter and stroke a soothing hand along her flank before they both soon settled back to sleep.

End of chapter 2
Chapter End Notes:
A/N: OK, so this has taken on a life of its own. I’m doing a number of things that I swore I’d never do, like posting a multi-chapter story without finishing it first. It wasn’t supposed to be multi-chapter, but it is almost finished and totalling something of the order of 6k words all in. The style changes part way through, but I think I’m gonna go with that.