- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Despite what the title suggests, this story isn't about the game. You could say it's like Tony 's emotions. Fine and dandy until the bullet goes off. I also may or may not have the "Russian Roulette" song by Rihana stuck in my head. Enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
During a training exercise gone wrong the team discover that not everything's puppies, clouds and rainbows with the senior field agent
The air exploded out of Kate's lungs as she hit the mat, hard.

Gibbs had decided that the agents on his team needed special training that morning. Which mostly involved Kate getting her ass kicked.

Agent McGee had gone down without a fuss. If you count his face turning green and sweating a form of submission.

She had really smirked as that went down.

Gibbs really knew how to fight, she gave him that.

Of course, at this point, Kate would give the man anything...because she respected him as her boss! Nothing more. DiNozzo would tease her mercilessly if he got the slightest whiff of her thoughts.

When the ex-marine pinned her she gave in. Not that she hadn't given Gibbs her best. Remaining on the ground like this though would be easier for her in the long run.

Gibbs waited 30 seconds before letting her up.

Kate dusted off her pants with a flash of annoyance.

After climbing out of the boxing ring Gibbs patted his gloves together and said, "Dinozzo! You're up!"

She would really enjoy seeing him go down.

Kate gave her partner a competitive smirk as he passed, NCIS cap backwards. "On it boss!"

He climbed into the ring.

Agent McGee swallowed half of his water and joined Kate at her side.

Tony patted his own boxing gloves and bounced around the older man. Not as a form of attack though, it was the idiot goofing around.

"Give me your best boss!"

Gibbs just shook his head and smiled, like the senior field agent really didn't know what he was getting himself into, "Dinozzo..."

The fight lasted 5 seconds flat before Tony was on the ground.

None of them had expected his reaction though.

Instead of giving in to the pin, Tony 's eyes glazed over.

They were also crazy, Kate noted.

He went berserk, to say the least.

Tony bucked and moved around under Gibbs like his life depended on it.

He also started to panic. Badly.

Kate took a step forwards but Gibbs seemed to have it handled. The play boy was stronger than he looked, or else their boss wouldn't be having so much trouble holding him down.

"Tony!" She called out.

Damn, did he just try to bite her?

Gibbs grunted, "He can't hear you!" Another wild jerk and a responded push.

Kate quickly backed off looking concerned.

His cap had fallen off.

Other agents in the gym gathered around to see the show. McGee watched frowning his own worries: The man had started to beg.

"PLEASE! Please! Get off! GET OFF!" Tony thrashed around some more, his teeth clashing together after Gibbs decided to put an iron grip on his jaw.

Air escaped his lungs in short, repetitive breathes. Damn, he was hyperventilating. And CRYING Kate noticed.

What in the hell was wrong with him?!

"Dinozzo! Stop!" He ordered.

"Get ooofff!" Tony wailed.

"Then stop moving!"

That seemed to work. The younger agent went completely still and Gibbs gingerly climbed off, equally out of breathe.

After a moment Tony stood sheepishly, clearing his throat, face still red, "Sorry about that, Boss."

"What in the hell was 'that' Dinozzo?!" The former marine rounded in his face. Wow, still sheepish, Kate noted.

--"And if you say 'nothing' I swear to God I'll send your ass back to Baltimore right this second!"

Everyone in the room held their breathe.

..."I'll tell you later Boss."

Gibbs seemed to understand something on Tony 's face she didn't, but whatever it was made him say, "...Okay."

Her psych-profiling did however tell this whole thing was a triggered traumatic episode.

From what she'd never know. Unless she got her partner hopelessly drunk, which didn't seem like a good idea from this stand point.

Kate watched Tony walk out of the room, leaving everyone to explode into conversation and gossip.

Whatever just happened was a major cause for concern.

There was clearly something involving Agent Dinozzo's character they weren't dealing with.

Gibbs would look out for him though. So would she. The naval agent types stuck together.

Kate just hoped Tony would trust her enough to have his six.
Chapter End Notes:
Despite what the title suggests, this story isn't about the game. You could say it's like Tony 's emotions. Fine and dandy until the bullet goes off. I also may or may not have the "Russian Roulette" song by Rihana stuck in my head. Enjoy!