- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam speaks with Kate and Abby. And then goes home to be consoled by Tony.

PT 12

DC NATIONAL PARK

Sam had stopped in the park and sat down on the bench staring out into the open space. She didn't wanna go back to that apartment. She wanted to go somewhere where she could escape the world. Escape her nightmare she had . Escape her school. Cause it was harder than she wanted to believe. "Why me." She cried into her hand. Shaq nosed her arm and leaned on her leg. "I am so stupid. I shoulda stayed at the hospital." She cried and looked out at the swings. People were swinging and having fun. No one knew of the danger in the city. If they did they didn't care.

TONY'S APARTMENT

Tony and Gibbs was sitting at the table.

"Why don't you guys move in with me?" Gibbs asked looking at the man in front of him.

Tony looked at him. "Um Gibbs. I don't know." Tony said unsure.

Gibbs nodded. "Think about it. Tony I love you. And that's not gonna change. We've been going together for 6 months now." Gibbs told him.

Tony nodded. "But this isn't about just me. I have to make sure Sam is ok with this." Tony said.

Gibbs nodded at him. "Ask her. I know she is going through a rough time. But Tony. This may be what she needs. To see that her dad is happy with someone. I know it'll be weird at first but she'll get used to it." Gibbs said.

Tony stood at the sink looking out the window. Tony watched as a car whizzed by the building. "You were right Gibbs. She's scared and I can't take it away." Tony said in a sad voice. "My girl is literally scared out of her mind and there is nothing I can do." Tony said more angry now.

Gibbs stood and walked behind him. "She's your daughter Tony. She'll get through this. She has Kate McGee Abby Ducky and Me to help her. And most of all from what I see she has the most important person in her life. You." Gibbs said rubbing his chin on Tony's shoulder. Tony turned around his arms and clung to him. Gibbs felt the other man's sobs. And it broke his heart. Not only for the man he loved. But the girl he had started loving as his own daughter.

NATIONAL PARK

Sam sat still watching everything around her. She jumped when someone sat down beside her. "Sam?" It was Abby and Kate.

Kate sat down and looked at the area she was looking at. "You people watching?" Kate asked her.

Sam smiled weakly. "Sitting here thinking. These people haven't a clue of the evil in the world." Sam said sadly.

Kate nodded. "But that's a good thing. Then they aren't always walking around scared. They aren't always looking over there shoulders." Kate said looking over the girl beside her. She could see the sadness in her eyes. "Sam. Did you know about the time your dad kissed a guy?" Abby asked her. Sam shook her head. "Well he was undercover and this guy named Voss was portraying a woman. Well he kissed Tony. Well let's just say your dad didn't know it was a man in drag until later." Abby said.

Kate was giggling. "I asked him if he could handle kissing a guy." Kate said laughing.

Sam sat there smiling. "I feel as if I should be feeling something. But I'm numb." Sam said.

Abby wrapped her arms around the girl. "You'll make it. I promise. Me Kate Ducky McGee and Gibbs will be there for you. But most important your dad will be there not matter what." Abby told her.

Kate nodded. "He sure will. Oh Sam he loves you so much. You shoulda seen him when I told him and Gibbs you were drugged. I thought we were gonna have to tie him to the bed." Kate said.

Sam smiled at that. "We have been each other's main support system." Sam said. "But I feel like I have disappointed him." She said looking down at her hands.

"Sam listen to me. Your dad is not disappointed. He is very worried about you. He wants you to talk to him. Tell him how much you need him. Cause he needs you too. Right now you need each other." Kate said to her.

"I um can't stay at that apartment." Sam said shaking.

Kate smiled at her. "Well I can help there. Me and your dad talked and we thought maybe you could come stay with me for a while. Your dad is gonna find a new place to live." Kate said.

Sam smiled a little. "Well I need one other problem solved."

Abby looked at her. "What's that?"

Sam smiled a little. "I need the kids at school to stop thinking the football quarterback and me did it." Abby and Kate chuckled.

‘Well let them think it. It might get you dates later on." Abby said.

Sam looked at them. "Thank you. Both of you." Sam said smiling.

Abby hugged her. "Us girls have to stick together. Hey I got an idea. How about we start a tradition." Kate and Sam looked at each other.

"What do you have in mind Abs?" Kate asked.

Abby smiled. "Well once a month or more if need be. Us girls go out have fun. Go to the movies. Go eat dinner and then head back to my place or Kate's and have a sleep over. Dish about the guys in our lives." Sam and Kate smiled.

"Sounds good to me. Sam?"

Sam smiled. "Sounds nice."



TONY'S PLACE

Tony was laying on the couch asleep when Sam walked in. She smiled. Sam sat carefully down on the edge of the couch. "Daddy. I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you too," Tony startled her. Sam jumped bumping his ribs making him groan and wince.

"Oh I'm sorry. But you scared me to death. I thought you were out." She said wincing.

He controlled his breathing. "It's not a problem." He said looking at her.

"Gibbs go home?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah he wanted to give us some time." He said trying to sit up wincing.

"Lay still Daddy. Daughters orders." She said smiling. Tony nodded and laid his head back down.

"Listen Sammy. I have to tell you something." Tony told her. "That morning that I was shot. I thought about you're question about your mom. She was as strong as an ox." Sam smiled at him. Tony smiled his big grin at her.

"You know that you can tell me anything right?" Tony asked her.

Sam nodded. "I need to tell you something." Sam said quietly. Tony nodded. "That morning. I was getting out of the shower. And I thought I heard something. Never thought nothing of it. Wish I had now. But any way when the phone rang I was hoping against all hope it was Gibbs. " Sam said. Tony looked at her.

"Why Gibbs? Tony asked.

"Cause I wanted him to call and say you were awake. And that you being shot was a nightmare.." Sam said.

Tony smiled. "You shoulda been hoping it was a guy from school." Tony said smirking at her.

Sam shook her head. "Any ways when he said turn around I did. And he was there looking at me. He told me that I looked like you. And that you helped get Gibbs shot." Sam was fighting tears. "He said that if I fought he would go to the hospital and turn off the ventilator." Sam said shaking.

Tony gripped her hand and held it. "Listen to me. He was saying those things to scare you. He wanted you to fight him." Tony said looking at her intently.

"He got a fight. Any way I fought to try to keep him off of me. He stuck the needle in my arm and I was out." Sam said clutching her arm. "I woke up on the couch. My shirt undone and my pants on the floor." Sam said sobbing gently into her hands.

Tony grabbed her and brought her into him and held her. He felt his bruised broken and shattered ribs protest but he didn't care.

"My first thought was. Will Dad be mad cause I'm not there." Sam said.

Tony hugged her close to him. "Sammy listen to me. I'm not disappointed in you. I'm scared that I will lose you over this." Tony said.

Sam sat back up. "Not gonna lose me dad. You remember that Faith Hill song. You can't lose me." Sam said smiling tearfully at him.

"Good. Cause I don't wanna. I want to know my girl will be beating me at basketball when I'm better." Tony said smiling at her.

"Dad. One other thing. I can't stay here. I look at this room and I see it." Sam said .

Tony nodded. "Kate has offered to let you stay with her til I figure out another place for us to live." Tony told her.

Sam nodded. "She told me. I think I would like that." Sam said. She could see dread on Tony's face.

"Dad. Remember that I do know how to get into NCIS. And I will come by. I'll probably be by daily. Making sure you aren't giving them to much of a hard time." Sam said smiling.

Tony nodded. "Um question. How would you feel about us living with Gibbs?" Tony asked cautiously.

Sam smiled at him. "I think it would be good. And I don't mind." Sam said.

Tony smiled and sat up. "I love you so much." He said. "I love you too dad." Sam told him crying He held her there.

"Dad did you get someone to change your bandages?" Sam asked.

"No." Tony said not wanting to break the hug. Cause his girl was right there in his arms.

TBC