- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam comes to Tony's work which cause suspicion on Kate and Mcgee's part

Pt 2

Tony had walked into the bull pen carrying his backpack and jacket. "Good morning Kate." Special Agent Caitlin Todd was at her desk looking at her Email when her partner came in.

"Hey Tony. How was your night last night?"

He smiled at her. "Fine. Went on a date."

Kate smirked. "Kinda figured that Dinozzo."

Tony smiled and sat down at his desk. "Let's see who wants a piece of me today."

Kate smirked from her desk. "Tammy ? Fanny? The girls from the farm."

Tony looked across to her confused. "Did you hack into my computer."

Kate glared at him. "No. But ever since you hacked into mine I've been getting porn mail."

Tony smiled. "Come on Kate. Don't tell me you never looked at an X rated site?"

Kate shook her head. "No I haven't."

Tony picked his phone up and dialed a number. "That's just sad."

Kate looked at him. "Why?"

Tony placed his phone in the cradle. "Cause I believe you."

Just then Gibbs came in and placed something on Tony's desk. "What's this boss?"

Gibbs looked at him. "Well Dinozzo it looks like a book." Tony smiled. "Yeah Tony. You know you open and read it." Kate piped in.

Tony glared at her. "What's the book for boss?"

Gibbs looked at his team. "It's about the revolutionary war."

Tony looked confused and then realized who it was for. "I'll make sure I read it Boss. Thanks."

Kate looked confusedly between the 2 men.

"Wait why did you get Tony a book on the revolutionary war?"

Gibbs looked at her. "Cause Tony has a collection of articles and this book had an article in it that he wanted. I found it."

Kate nodded. Then turned to Tony. "Could I see your collection sometime?"

Tony nodded. "Sure" He then thought. "As soon as I get one."

Kate was settled then.

"Dinozzo you get the toxicology report back from Abby on Peterson?" Gibbs asked .

Tony shook his head. "No she said about an hour maybe more."

Gibbs nodded. "Alright then let's get some work done.


3:30 PM

Gibbs and Tony were sitting at theirs desks when the elevator dinged and Sam came in. Kate looked up and spoke first.

‘Can i help you?"

Sam smiled. "Yes i need to see Tony Dinozzo."

Tony's head snapped up and looked at his daughter.

"Sam? What are you doing here?"

Sam smiled. "I need my house key."

Tony smiled at her . "Sorry forgot i took your key chain. That would be why i left mine with you."

She nodded. "So we switch you give mine back and i give you yours."

They switched key chains.

Sam then turned to Gibbs. "See you later. " She waved and left.

Kate and McGee then turned to the 2 agents curiously. "Ok Tony was that your girlfriend. She looks kinda young."

Tony smiled shook his head. "No Kate that was not my girlfriend."

Tony looked at Gibbs who nodded. "Um give me 5 minutes boss. I forgot to tell her something." Gibbs nodded.

When Tony was gone Kate looked to Gibbs expectantly.

"Spill it Gibbs who is the girl?"

Gibbs half smiled. "Kate that's Tony's business. Not yours . Now get back to work."

Kate nodded and went back to her desk and worked.

Gibbs just smirked. "I gotta go speak to Abby. Be back in a few minutes." With that he escaped down to the lab.

Just as he left Tony came back in smiling.

"Tony tell me who that was. Please."

Tony shook his head. "Ok i'll let you investigate this matter. But you do me one favor. Come with me and Gibbs to a play next Friday at this highschool." Kate nodded.

Tony turned to Mcgee. "You too Probie. Now let me go see what Abby has for me."

LAB

Abby Sciuto was at her microscope working with her Metalica blasting in the background when she heard the elevator door ding. Gibbs stepped in and handed her some of her Caf Pow . "Oh thanks. Toxicology is done."

Gibbs took the sheet from her just as the elevator dinged. And Tony walked to them. "Hey Abs is the Toxicology done?"

Abby smiled at him. "Yeah Gibbs is reading it." Tony looked over to their boss who was holding at arms length.

Tony walked over and snatched it from him. "Get some glasses Gibbs." Gibbs shook his head and let Tony read the report.

"Kate give you a hard time?" Gibbs asked quietly.

Tony smirked. "Yeah but i got it handled. Abby do me a favor.?" Abby nodded. "How do you like Romeo and Juliet?"

Abby looked at him and smiled. "Kate called before you came down. I would love to go Tony." Tony smiled. "Thanks."

Gibbs smirked at them. "Thanks Abs. Come on Tony we got a prisoner to go get."

FEDERAL CAR

Kate and Gibbs were in the front seat and Tony was in the back remembering when his life turned around for the better

FLASHBACK
APRIL-20-1989

Tony Dinozzo was getting ready to go down to the police academy sign in. He was out the door and at the administrators office before he knew it he was enrolled in the Police Academy. Hopefully no one would make a big deal about this.

Tony came into the house to hear his dad fuming about something.

"A cop? What does my boy know about being a cop?" He asked his wife.

Nancy Dinozzo came out of the kitchen to see Tony standing there listening. "I'm sorry. He wanted you to be his Vice president of the company."

Tony nodded. "Well i'm enrolled in the Police Academy. So." She nodded.

Just then his dad came in looking as red as a tomato. "You ungrateful little son of a bitch. I provided everything for you. A company you could run and you had to go and become the enemy?"

Tony shook his head. "I told you when i was 16 i was gonna become a cop."

Edward stepped up to his son. "You GET out of this house. And if i ever see you or your miserable child anywhere near here i will hurt you. So help me god i will punish you."

Tony eyes got cold. "I will be packed by morning." With that he went up to the room that he had called his for 18 years. Now it would be just a distant memory.

MARYANNE'S HOUSE

Tony stepped up on the front porch step when he heard a blood curdling cry. That wasn't his daughter that was Maryanne's mother. Tony raced into the house to see Mrs. Potter sitting on the couch holding her head. While 2 police officers talked slowly to her.

"Mrs. Potter? What's wrong?"

Dorothy Potter looked to Tony with tear filled eyes. "Maryanne she. She was in a car wreck and D died."

Tony felt like a Mack truck hit him in the gut.

"Oh my god. W Was Sam with her?"

Dorothy shook her head. "I was taking care of her."

Tony sat down and looked at the 2 officers.

"Um I'm Tony Dinozzo me and Maryanne were well we had a daughter together here a few days ago." The officers nodded.

"Mrs. Potter I'm gonna go check on Sam." Dorothy nodded.

With that Tony left to go check on his daughter. Standing next to her crib he let a few silent tears run down his face.

"Well little one looks like I'm gonna need to find a place to stay for the both of us." The baby just cooed at him. Tony smiled.

END FLASHBACK

Tony was jerked from his thoughts when Gibbs stopped in front of the witness/suspects house. Tony checked his side arm. When he stepped into a building he always made sure he was still armed. Cause no matter what he knew that he had to go home to his pride and joy. The one person who could remind him of the joys of life. His daughter

TBC