- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony may break his promise to Sam.

PT 4

Sam had stayed up another 2 3 hours after Tony left. She knew his Assignments were apart of the job. But she knew Gibbs wouldn't let nothing happen to him. Gibbs had told her when he met her that he protected his team. And she took him on his word. So her dad was protected.

At about 10:00 that night the phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hello?" She said into the receiver. Only to receive heavy breathing on the other end.

"Hello? Anyone there?" She asked a little curious.

"Sam?" It was a older female voice.

"Yes I'm Sam. Who is this?" She asked really wondering.

"Is Tony Dinozzo there?" Sam was getting scared a little.

"My dad is at work. Um if you give him a message I will have him call you." She said getting a pen. She could hear the woman breathing a little more.

"No No Thank you." And with that the line went dead. Sam looked at the phone and hung it up. She didn't think anything of it.

11:00 PM NORFOLK HOTEL

Gibbs, Kate, Tony and McGee had rolled into Norfolk a little after 8 o'clock to find two dead girls lying on an embankment. Kate, Tony and McGee went to scene as Gibbs got witnesses statements. Now they're piecing it together. Tony was lying on his bed in his room looking at the ceiling wondering why Sam was crying. She used to tell him everything. But maybe someone said something to her that really did shake her up. He couldn't grasp what it could be. His wandered back to his Police Academy graduation.

FLASHBACK
May 10 1990

Philadelphia had over 200 Police graduates. Anthony Dinozzo one of them. Early that morning he had gotten up in his 2 bedroom apartment and gotten his 1 year old daughter dressed. In that year she had accomplished 2 major things. Her first steps. Her first word which was Dada. And her mother wasn't there for either of them. With brown hair and bluish green eyes. She was a beautiful baby.

"Sammy. Is daddy's girl ready to go see Gramma and Grandpa?" She just raised her tiny hand and at him. This was his routine. Get her ready and put her in the play pen and then get ready and go to the Potter's house.

POTTER RESIDENCE.

Dorothy and Jim were sitting at the kitchen table looking the morning paper wait for their granddaughter. Just after 8 Tony came in carrying a squirming Sam.

"Sammy are you wanting down?" Dorothy asked her grand child. She stepped back as Tony sat Sam on a blanket in the living and watched her grab her stuff. He then turned to Dorothy and hugged her.

"Ok. Graduation is at noon. So I'll see you about 4."

Dorothy smiled at him. "Ok dear. Don't worry she will be ok." He nodded and walked out.

PHILADELPHIA POLICE ACADEMY CENTER

Tony was getting into his suit when one of his buddies Jason Greece came up behind him and slapped him on the back. "Hey Buddy congratulations. We made." He said proudly.

Tony smiled at him and nodded. "That we did. Now we have to endure a year of some Hard ass trainers."

Jason just nodded and straightened his tie. "Alright let's get out there." Tony followed Jason out onto the bleachers they had assigned for the graduates. As he listened to the Captain call names he looked into the audience to see Dorothy and Jim holding Samantha between them pointing to him. He smiled and waved at her. To Jim's left he noticed none other than his Mother. He didn't think she would come. He looked but his dad wasn't there. Which he figured he wouldn't come. Finally his name was called. And he went and got his certificate.

When the ceremony ended he went to find the Potters and his girl. When he got there he took her and swung her around. "Sammy. Daddy did it." He said to her and she giggled. He noticed his mom watching him from where she stood. He nodded to Jim and Dorothy and walked over to her.

"Hi Mom."

She smiled at him. "I see you made it through the grueling process of becoming a cop."

Tony nodded and held onto Sam. Emily looked at Sam in his arms. "Is this her?" Tony nodded.
"She looks like you in the face. She has the Dinozzo smile." Emily said smiling slightly her self.
"Dad at home?" Tony knew where he was but just wanted to know.

"No he went to Boston for some business. I came cause you're my son and I'm proud of you."

Tony nodded. "Well I better get her home for her nap. Thanks for coming mom." She hugged him and then left him. Tony stood watching her.

END FLASHBACK

Tony had fallen asleep remembering that and was woken by the sudden pounding on the door the next morning.

"Dinozzo Get your ass up." Gibbs was barking at him. Tony groaned and rolled over and stretched out. Just then the door stormed open.

"Dinozzo are you up?" Tony looked at Gibbs through blurry eyes.

"Now I am Boss. What's up?"

Gibbs glared at him. "3 more girls on the north side. Hurry up." With that he was gone as fast as he came in. Tony nodded. This case was getting hard. Especially since he could see Sam's face on all these girls. That was hard.

9: AM NORTH SIDE

Tony, Kate and Gibbs rolled up to the crime scene and started processing. Tony was bent over photographing one of the foot prints when he heard yelling from Gibbs. "DINOZZO GET DOWN!!!!"

Tony looked to see gun men shooting but was not fast enough ducking. Next thing he knew his stomach and back felt like someone had set fire to them. When he came to the next time Gibbs was over him screaming for an ambulance.

"Dinozzo you stay with me." Millions of things went through his head. Sam was the first and front thought tho. He needed her now.

"Gibbs." He choked. Gibbs looked at him. "Tell Sammy that I did my best."

Gibbs looked at him and shook his head. "You tell her when you see her later. Ok. You tell her." And with that Tony saw black.

TBC