- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam meets Kate Ducky Abby and McGee at the hospital.

PT 5

Sam was sitting in her second period Math class listening to the teacher talk about something she still didn't understand. Her mind was wandering all around about her dad and the assignment. He told her he would call her before her first class this morning. But she never heard from him. Which was worrying her. But she wouldn't dare call him cause he might be in a bad case and needed to get done. No she would just let him work. And he will cal whenever.

NORFOLK HOSPITAL

Gibbs Kate and McGee was sitting in waiting room waiting on news on Tony. Gibbs was fiddling with something in his hand. They had given him Tony's personal effects. His watch , wallet and a gold chain with a Birth stone on it and charm on it. He looked closely at the charm. "I love Dad." Gibbs smiled. He had to tell Sam. Gibbs stood up. "I need to make a call." Kate nodded.

Gibbs walked to the nurse's station desk. "Yes sir?" A tall dark haired nurse asked.

Gibbs nodded. "I need to borrow your phone."

She passed the phone over the desk to him. "Just push 9 to get out."

He nodded and dialed the high school number. Tony had put the middle school number on as an emergency number. And when Sam went to High school he switched to High school. After all Sam was his daughter and probably knew where all his important paper's were.

"West side High school. This is Tammy. How may I help you?"

Gibbs looked at his watch. "Yes Ma'am I need to get in touch with Samantha Dinozzo." Gibbs heard the secretary clicking keys. "Sir she is in Math class right now. Is it Important?"

Gibbs was growing impatient. "Listen her father was shot and is in fighting for his life. I think that qualifies as important wouldn't you."

The secretary started scurry about. "Yes Sir. Hold on."

Gibbs growled he hated being put on hold. Next thing he knew the extension was being picked up.

"Hello?" It was Sam. She sounded breathless.

"Sam it's Gibbs. Listen can you get out of your classes?"

Sam was getting concerned. "Yes I can. Is something wrong?" He couldn't tell her this over the phone.

"Something I will tell you when me and Kate pick you up in a while. Be out front of the school. Ok?" Sam was worried.

"Yes sir. I'll be waiting."

Gibbs smiled warily. "K. See ya in a few." Gibbs hung the phone up.

He walked back over to Kate. "Kate. Let's go." Kate got up and followed behind Gibbs to the car.

FEDERAL CAR

Kate was wondering where we were going. "Gibbs where we going?"

Gibbs glared at her. "To pick up a friend of Tony's. Someone who mite just bring him back to us sooner."

Kate wondered. "Gibbs would this have anything to do with that girl that came the other day?"

Gibbs looked at her. "Yes. That girl is Dinozzo's daughter."

Kate's mouth fell open. "Tony has a daughter?"

Gibbs nodded. "He was 18 when she was born."

Kate was adding up the age. "She's 16 wow. She looks a little like him. Where's her mother?"

Gibbs looked out at the road. "Died a few days after Sam was born. Listen I need to go in and tell her this."

Kate nodded. Kate seen the girl with just below the shoulder length brown hair standing out in front of a jeep Cherokee.

"Hey Gibbs. Is dad ok?" Sam looked to Kate and nodded her head. She seen the worry behind Gibbs eyes.

"Sam your dad was shot this morning. He is in Surgery now. We haven't heard anything." Gibbs told her point blank

Sam felt like someone hit her square in the gut.

"Dad w was shot? Oh my god." She through her hand over her mouth.

Gibbs looked at the girl while she tried to swallow the sobs. "Oh my god. Um can I come with you to see him. Please?"

Gibbs looked to Kate who smiled at him. "Sam I wouldn't have drove all the way here to tell you and leave you wondering. Let's go get everything cleared with the principle." Sam nodded and followed behind him inside her school.

BACK AT THE HOSPITAL

Kate, Gibbs and Samantha walked in an hour and half later. Ducky and McGee was sitting in some hard chairs on the fall waiting room wall. Kate walked over and sat down beside Ducky.

"Any word?" Gibbs asked.

Ducky shook his head and looked at the girl. "Jethro who is the lovely lady behind you?"

Gibbs turned to see a pale Sam looking at the floor trying to hold herself together.

"Ducky this is Sam Dinozzo. Sammy this is Doctor Mallard. And Special Agent Timothy McGee."

Ducky smiled at the girl. "Mind me asking young lady are you young Anthony's Sister?"

Sam was taken aback by the question. "Uh no sir. Tony is my dad."

Ducky and McGee were surprised. "Well Tony never mentioned any kids."

Sam nodded. "Um he asked you guys to come to a play?" Ducky McGee and Kate all nodded.

Sam nodded and continued. "That would be my school play. Romeo and Juliet. I'm Juliet."

Ducky was intrigued. "My My. Ain't that exciting. When is it?"

Sam swallowed. "Next week. I may not be in it tho." Ducky nodded.

Just then the elevator dinged and in walked Abby. "Gibbs how is he?" She walked over to the group.

Gibbs looked at her and shook his head. "Still in surgery."

Abby finally seen the girl sitting on the other side of Kate shaking. "Hello." Sam nodded at her. "Abby this is Sam. Tony's daughter."

Abby smiled. "Tony has mentioned your name. Glad to see your face." Sam smiled. At least he talked about her.

Abby sat down on the other side of her. "He'll make it. He's stronger than we give him credit for." Sam smiled weakly.

Just then the DO NOT ENTER doors opened. "Is there family for Anthony Dinozzo." Everyone braced themselves.

TBC