- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam plays the part of Juliet. And the whole team excluding Tony watches

PT 7

Friday night came and at 5 o'clock Gibbs leaned over toward Sam. ‘Hey shouldn't you be going to school for the play?"

Sam shook her head "No. I'm not going. My under study can do the play for me."

Gibbs nodded and looked to see Kate and Abby nodding at him. "Sam. Do you think your dad would want you to give up the play to sit here and worry until you can see him the next visiting hour?"

Sam looked at him. He could see the torment in her eyes. "I don't think he would. I think if he was sitting here he would tell you to go do your best."

Sam looked at him with tear glisten eyes. "I don't wanna miss if he wakes up."

Gibbs nodded. "Doctor said he would probably be out until later tonight. Why not go and do this. Do something he would be proud of."

Sam nodded. "Ok I'll go. Um did someone bring my car?"

Gibbs nodded. "Yeah Kate and Ducky went and got it for you."

Sam nodded. "Gibbs?"

Gibbs looked at her. "He's lucky."

Gibbs looked at her confused. "How?"

Sam smiled. "Cause he may not tell you. But he respects you as a boss and as a...." She looked towards the people watching their conversation. "Friend." She knew Gibbs knew what she meant.

He just smiled at her. "He's also lucky. Cause he has a daughter that is always watching out for him."

Sam smiled weakly. "K. Let me go and get to dress rehearsal. Gibbs if he wakes up. Tell him I love him. And that I know he did his best." Gibbs nodded.

HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Gail was sitting at her assigned make up table putting on eye shadow when she saw Sam walk in. "Sammy!!!!" She jumped up and ran over to her.

"Hey Gail. What did I miss yesterday and today." No one at school knew Tony had been shot. Gail looked at Sam worried. "Sammy what happened yesterday. The teacher just told us you went home. But you seemed fine."

Sam nodded. "My dad was shot yesterday early morning. He is in Norfolk in CCU."

Gail gasped. "Oh Sammy. I'm sorry." Sam nodded and looked down at her hands. "Um Todd is waiting for you." Sam nodded and headed for the back to find Todd. Gail watched her friend leave.

NORFOLK HOSPITAL.

Gibbs looked at his watch and got up. "Kate."

Kate walked over to him. "What is it?"

He looked at the desk. "I'm gonna go and watch Sam's play. Wanna come?"

Kate smiled. "I sure would. That girl needs all the support she can get. Let's see if Abby and Ducky want to come."

Abby and Ducky were already standing when they walked over. "I over heard. I would love to go. Sam seems cool. I can see her as Tony's daughter."

Kate smiled. "Let's go. I'll go give the nurse our numbers in case something happens."

Gibbs shook his head. "She has Sam and my cell numbers. Let her know we will be back around 10." Kate nodded and left. When Kate returned they all left.


HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Gibbs found seats in the middle of the rows. Abby sat down and pulled out something from her pocket.

"Abs what is that."

Abby smiled. "It's a camcorder. I grabbed out from my house this morning. Figured when Tony wakes up and is able to watch tv. He should see his daughter as Juliet."

Kate smiled. "Sweet Abby. I'm sure Tony will appreciate it." Gibbs nodded. Just then the lights dimmed and the spot lights came on and what looked like a director came on stage. "Welcome everyone to DC Highschool Rendition of Romeo and Juliet. Romeo is portrayed by Davis Blarington." Every clapped and you could tell the Blarington family. Gibbs looked at the boy who was Sam's opposite in the play.

He leaned over towards Ducky, "They look well paired to me." Ducky nodded.

Then the Director came back up. "And our own Juliet is portrayed by Samantha Dinozzo." Abby smiled while taping the whole thing. Everyone clapped again.

"Alright sit back and relax and enjoy." With that the curtain closed. Gibbs had never sat through a school play. But this one was moving.

TWO HOURS LATER

The play had been done and Sam and the rest of the cast was bowing on the stage. When the lights came on Gibbs, Kate, Abby and Ducky stood and walked out into the school hall.

"Jethro that girl has some real talent." Gibbs nodded his agreement. "It ain't everyday someone can pull off playing Juliet and make me cry." Gibbs chuckled. Abby walked over put her arm around Ducky's shoulder. Just then the door to the Auditorium opened to let the rest of the cast out. Sam came out and was shocked to see Gibbs and his team there.

"Dad ok?" Sam asked worried etched on her face.

Kate nodded. "No change. We just wanted to come and see this play."

Abby nodded. "Yeah and I even got it all on tape."

Sam looked at her skeptically. "On tape?"

Abby nodded excited. "So your dad will get to see it after all."

Sam smiled. "Thank you."

Ducky walked over and put his arm around the girl. "Ms. Sam. You were incredible up there. I can't believe you portrayed Juliet to that magnitude."

Sam smiled. "Well practice makes semi perfect." She shrugged.

Gibbs stepped up beside Ducky. "Sam. Your dad would be proud. Come on let's get back to the hospital." Everyone filed out of the school hall out to the cars.

Abby walked beside Sam. "I'm riding with Sammy. I wanna see what kinda of music she has."
Sam smiled. "I'll follow you Gibbs." Gibbs nodded and walked to his car.

GIBBS CAR

Gibbs was silent. Ducky finally broke the silence. "How long have you 2 been going out?" Gibbs looked at him shocked.

"How long have you known?" He asked with small smile.

Ducky shrugged. "5 months or so."

Gibbs smiled. "Almost a year." Ducky and Kate smiled.

Kate looked at Gibbs from the back seat. "How long have you known about Sam?"

Gibbs looked at Kate in the rearview mirror. "I met her about a year after Tony came to work for me."

FLASH BACK

Tony was sitting at his desk writing up his report when his desk phone went off. "Dinozzo." "Mr. Dinozzo this is Lt. Barren from the DC Police Department. I'm sorry to inform you but your daughter has been in a car wreck."

Tony gasped. ‘Is she ok?" Tony was finding it hard to breath.

"She is being taken to DC Memorial. I didn't get to see her. But you can see her there."

Tony nodded. "Thank you for calling."

Tony hung up just as Gibbs walked into the bull pen. "Boss I need to go see someone. I won't be long."

Gibbs looked at Dinozzo. He could see the younger Agent was shaking. "Dinozzo are you ok?"
Tony didn't know yet. Part of him was in the hospital. "Not yet sir."

Gibbs stood up. "I'll drive you." Tony nodded.

Tony and Gibbs arrived at the hospital in record time. Tony rushed to the nurse's desk. "I'm looking for Samantha Dinozzo. She was brought in from a car crash."

The nurse flipped through her charts. "Ahh yes. Samantha is in a cat scan right now. Who are you?"

Tony glanced at Gibbs. "I'm her father." Gibbs didn't looked shocked but this is Gibbs tho.

"Ok. I will let the doctor know" The nurse smiled sympathetically towards him.

Tony nodded. He and Gibbs took a seat in the waiting room. Gibbs was looking at his Agent. "Why didn't I know about her?"

Tony shrugged. "Cause the one time I told someone on the force about her. I almost lost her."

Gibbs nodded. "How?"

Tony smiled a little. "I was 18 and my date and me did it." Gibbs looked at him with his warning glare. "Her mother and I were friends. She wanted to go and get back at her boyfriend so we did it." Gibbs nodded. "Nine months later. Samantha was born. My life."

Gibbs didn't wanna venture the guess on where the mom was. "Her mother see her?"

Tony looked at him. "Yeah From heaven." Gibbs looked at him.

Tony explained. "She died a week after Sam was born. Car accident." Gibbs looked at the Agent before him. The guy who skates on in subornation on most days. Who he can whack in the back of the head and never flinches.

Just then a doctor came out. "Are you Sam Dinozzo's dad?" Tony nodded.

The doctor motioned for them to sit down. "Sam is very lucky.. She busted her arm on the door. And she has cuts and bruises on her face and hands. She will have some soreness tomorrow and maybe the day after." Tony nodded. .

The doctor stood. "She should be back in her room. I wanted a C scan just for safety measures."

Tony nodded. The doctor walked away and Tony stared ahead. Gibbs could see the worry on his face. "She is my life Gibbs. If I lose her. You mite as well take my gun and shoot me." Gibbs nodded.

At that moment a nurse came in. "Mr. Dinozzo you can come see your girl now." Tony jumped at the chance.

In a room at the far corner Gibbs seen a girl laying on the bed staring at the ceiling a couple of tears falling down her face. Her right eye was bruised and her right arm was in a sling. Tony walked in and stopped. "Sammy?"

Sam looked at her dad and they both burst into tears.

"Oh Sammy. I was so scared." Sam nodded. This sight touched Gibbs.

"Daddy. I am so tired."

Tony smiled. "Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." Sam smiled.

END FLASHBACK

Gibbs had just finished the story when they approached the hospital. Ducky and Kate were stunned. Gibbs looked at them both.

"She is so talented. She is in her church choir. A church play here in a couple of days. And she also plays some basketball."

Ducky smiled. "I wonder if Tony would take us to her Church let us hear her sing."

Gibbs smiled. ‘I think he would be honored."

TBC