- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam is dealt a bigger blow. Will she tell the truth or hide it.

PT 8

After the play Gibbs went back to the hospital. Visiting hours were up and he went in to see Tony. He sat down beside his bed and took the younger agents hand. "Tony. You gotta wake up." He was so tired. But that didn't matter.

"Sammy did good tonight. She made Ducky cry." He looked at the heart monitor to see the heart rising a little.

"Tony she is good at acting." He squeezed Tony's hand.

"She's so scared. I think if you die she will kill herself." Gibbs had no doubt these 2 lived with one another. They were a like. No doubt in that. Sam was the female version of Tony. Only her heart was softer some times.

"Come back to her and me Tony." With that he kissed his forehead. He headed out of the CCU room. He needed to go and work on his boat.


Saturday came fast. Sam had gone home to get some rest. But rest wasn't coming. Rest was far from her mind. Her dad was in a hospital fighting for his life. Sam had gotten in around midnight Friday. Her dog. Shaq was sitting at her bed looking at her.

"Shaq dad will be home soon." She told the black lab.

They had gotten Shaq when he went to work with NCIS. For her protection. Sam had just gotten out of the shower the following morning when the phone rang.

"Hello?" She was hopeful it was Gibbs calling to tell her that her dad was conscience. But it wasn't

"Sam?"

Sam looked at the phone curiously. "Yes. How can I help you?"

The voice on the other end was scaring her. "Hi. Is your dad home?"

Sam looked around the apartment looking for her clothes. "No Sir. He isn't here right now can I leave a message?" Sam was getting more paranoid.

"Um I just wanted to call and hear your voice."

Sam dropped her bag when he said that. "Um look I don't know who you are. But I gotta go and see somebody." She knew this was creepy.

"Sam. Turn around."

Sam turned around slowly and saw a man standing 3 feet from her. Sam was trying to stifle a scream.

"Shh. Now I'm gonna give you something to relax." Sam was trying to fight but when the needle hit her skin she went out. To complete darkness.

CCU NORFOLK MEMORIAL

Tony's eyes felt heavy. Too heavy. But something else felt heavy his hand. Tony opened his eyes to see Gibbs's head laying on and his left hand clasped his. Tony smiled weakly. Something tasted horrible. He then realized he had a tube in his throat. Tony moved his other hand to rub Gibbs's head. He felt the older man stir.

"Tony?" Tony squeezed his hand.

"Hold on let me get a nurse." Gibbs ran out and came back in a minute later with a nurse in tow.
"Hello Mr. Dinozzo. Hold on and I will get a doctor to take that tube out." The way to perky nurse told him.

Tony nodded. But he kept his eyes on Gibbs. When the doctor took the tube out Tony coughed a few times before he could speak. "Where's my girl?"

Gibbs smiled. "She went home about midnight."

Tony nodded. "She was the last thing I thought of."

Gibbs nodded. "She took you getting shot pretty hard. Well real hard."

Tony nodded "Gibbs I gotta see her."

Gibbs squeezed Tony's hand. "Ok let me go and call her." Tony nodded.

SAM AND TONY'S APARTMENT.

Sam woke to the feeling that she was really tired. She heard a phone ringing and screamed. She rushed to it and snatched it up. "LEAVE ME ALONE."

Gibbs jumped. "Sam. It's Gibbs."

Sam relaxed a little. "I'm sorry."

Gibbs looked around the hall worried. "Sam are you ok?" Sam thought about telling him about the guy. And about the fact that she suspected that he raped her. But fought the urge.

"Yeah just have a headache. Blood sugar is up again."

Gibbs nodded. "Listen can you come to the hospital?"

Sam got worried. "Yeah I'll be there in 30 minutes." Gibbs nodded. When they hung up Sam went to her room and pulled out a extra pair of jeans and a t shirt. With that she left.

Sam arrived at the hospital a little after 10 that morning. She went to the admission desk.

"Can I help you miss?" The receptionist asked her.

"Yes. Um how would I go about getting a rape kit done?"

The woman looked alarmed. "Um do you have some parental support here?"

Sam shook her head. "My dad is up in CCU and his co workers are up there. I don't want to tell them."

The woman nodded. "Ok follow me." Sam did.

30 MINUTES LATER

About 30 minutes later Sam emerged in her spare clothes and went to the elevator. She went to the 4th floor and walked into the waiting area. She found Gibbs and Kate sipping hot coffee. "Hey I'm here."

Gibbs got up and took in the site of the girl. She looked like she went through a hell storm. "We got someone who wants to speak to you." Sam nodded.

"Follow me." Gibbs stated.

Sam followed him to her dad's room. "Go on in." Sam smiled at him and opened the door to see her dad. She walked over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey Daddy." Sam sat down on the chair and picked up his hand. But was surprised when it squeezed hers. She looked up to meet his Green eyes. "Daddy?" She asked.

Tony just smiled weakly at her. "Hey." She could tell the respirator had done a number on his throat. "I need some ice." Sam got the cup and took a piece with her fingers and placed it on his tongue. She could tell he winced when he swallowed some of it.

"Hurts to swallow huh?"

He nodded a little. "I did my best." Sam was shocked at that. But couldn't say nothing cause Kate and Gibbs was trying to keep an over excited Abby from knocking over a nurse.

When they came in Abby ran to Tony's bed and hugged him. "I'm so glad you're ok." Sam was still sitting shocked.

"Hey Abs,." Tony winced when she impacted his left side. "Abs. I've got like 19 stitches and a whole lota ribs that are broken." Abby pulled off of him.

Tony realized that Sam was in the room. "Uh."

Sam finally came to her mind. "Relax they know who I am. They know I'm your little sister." Sam smiled at him.

"Funny." He mumbled moving to get comfortable and finally decided to let it be.

"No we know she's your daughter Tony." It was Kate who spoke.

"Sorry guys. But."

Abby waved her hand. "It's fine. You gotta keep her out of the criminal world. We understand." Tony smiled at her.

Abby moved to squat beside Sam. "We like her Tony. She has a little bit of you in her. And she's smarter than me,"

Sam smirked from her seat. "No Abby I don't think I am." Sam told Abby

Gibbs was watching Sam. She looked really tired. The bags under her eyes was speaking volumes. Gibbs moved to the opposite chair. "Sam you take your insulin?"

Sam looked over at him and shrugged. "I can't remember. Everything is running together." Her stomach was lurching and she was fixing to lose her cookies.

"Um excuse me." She ran out of the room and ran straight to a restroom and lost it all. In the room Gibbs looked at Kate and she took the hint. "Let me go check on her."

Tony looked on worried. "She been eating since I've been shot?"

Gibbs looked at him. "I've made her eat."

Tony nodded. "Something else is wrong Gibbs. She's hiding it."

Abby watched Tony become a worried dad. "Tony did Gibbs tell you?" Abby asked

Tony looked to Abby shaking his head. Abby smiled. "We went to the play."

It took Tony a while to figure out what she was talking about and then winced. "I missed it."

Abby nodded. "Yeah but she was good." Tony smiled a little.

LADIES REST ROOM

Sam had just tossed all her cookies into the toilet. She heard the door open. "Sam?"

Sam closed her eyes. "Go away."

Kate walked to the open stall and squatted behind her. "You ok?"

Sam shook her head. "I was."

Kate got concerned. "You were what?"

Sam looked at her and Kate seen the tears running down her cheeks. "Sam what happened?"

Sam threw up again. "I was drugged this morning."

Kate looked at her. "Who drugged you?"

Sam shrugged. "He knew Gibbs. Said something about the morgue." Kate looked at her curiously. The only guy who knew anything about the morgue was Ari.

"Sam did he do anything to you?"

Sam nodded. "What did he do to you?"

Sam looked at her. "Don't tell Dad. I don't want him to be angry at me."

Kate looked at the girl shocked. "Sam. I don't think he would be angry." Sam nodded. "So what did he do to you?"

Sam closed her eyes. "He R raped me."

Kate pulled the girl to her as sobs racked the girls body. This girl was in for the fight of her life. And Kate was sure that Tony would want to know.

TBC