- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sam tells what happened to her to Tony and Gibbs. And tony reminices about old days.

PT 9

Kate re entered Tony's room and found Gibbs and Tony talking to each other. "Gibbs?" Gibbs looked up and seen Kate motion for him outside.

Tony noticed to and shook his head. "No. Dammit if Sam is in trouble someone tell me." Tony rasped and regretted it cause his whole body felt like someone stabbed him again.

Gibbs nodded to Kate spoke in almost whispered tones.. "Sam was drugged this morning. Just before she came here."

Tony looked at her worried. "Does she know who drugged her?"

Kate shook her head. "But there's more." Gibbs looked at her.

"More?" It was Tony who voiced the question. "Kate for the love of god tell me what's going on with my Daughter." Tony was beyond angry he was getting worried and furious.

Gibbs stepped up to the bed. "Tony calm down. We don't want you to have a relapse and have to go back on the ventilator." Tony nodded. "Kate where's Sam now?" It was Gibbs who asked.

"She's out in the hall getting herself together." Gibbs nodded. "Want me to bring her in." Gibbs nodded.

Kate walked out and brought in a tear stained faced Sam back in who was visibly shaking.

"Sam. You ok?"

Sam shook her head. "No. My stomach feels like someone running a train through it."

Gibbs nodded. "What happened this morning." Tony watched his daughter. His life. "Sammy." Sam looked to Tony and he saw the Fear Dread Anger. And vulnerability in her face.

"Um I got up at around 5 this morning let the dog out and took a shower. Was getting out and the phone rang. I picked it up and someone asked for Dad. I told him he wasn't home. Then he said something about hearing my voice." At that Tony tensed. Sam watched Gibbs and Tony. "I told him I didn't know who he was and that I had to be somewhere. I was almost to the door when he said something about turning around. I did and."

Sam was almost in hysterics falling to her knees in sobs. Gibbs and Kate walked instinctively to her.

"Tell em Sam." Kate coached her.

Gibbs looked to the 2 women. ‘Tell us what. Sam what happened when you turned around."

Sam closed her eyes. "He was there. Telling me that he knew about some Morgue incident."

Gibbs took a glance at Kate who nodded. "Sam when did he drug you?"

Sam pulled at her bag shaking. "I need to do something."

Kate looked at Gibbs. "Sam the feeling in your stomach. It ain't you needing to take your insulin." Tony watched from the bed. His daughter was scared and he was in the bed fighting to stay awake. "Gibbs?"

Gibbs got up and walked over to Tony. "Can you get her over here. Let me see what I can do."

Gibbs nodded. "Sam let's get you seated in the chair over there." Sam got up shaking and sat down with a sigh. She jumped slightly when a cold hand grasped her arm. She looked to see Tony holding out his hand. She closed her eyes and the tears fell. "He came at me and next thing I knew he was shoving a needle in my arm."

Gibbs nodded. "When did you wake up from the drug."

Sam looked at him. "The phone jarred me from the drug I guess. That or the dog barking at me and licking me in the face." Tony smirked. Kate was looking at the interaction between Sam and Tony. Tony was just there for comfort not to question her. Gibbs looked at Kate. She nodded.

"Sam tell me what you suspect happened." Gibbs told her quietly.

Sam took a shaky breath. "I suspect he took advantage of the fact that I was not conscience."

Gibbs nodded. "So you think he went farther."

Sam nodded. "He mite have a bite mark on his ankle."

Kate looked at her confused. "You try biting him?" Sam shook her head. "Dog. Shaq is a big baby at heart but um if someone tries hurting me she gets protective."

Kate nodded. "I'll go by and check her teeth."

Gibbs didn't wanna have to tell the girl this. "Sam we're gonna have to do a rape kit on you."

Sam shook her head. "No you won't."

Gibbs Tony and Kate all looked at her curious. "Sam but we need to find out."

Sam smiled. "Go down to admissions and ask for Grace." Gibbs looked at the girl. "That's why i was running behind on time coming on up. I stopped and got it done. It's conclusive." Kate sucked in a breath.

"Now that i've shattered your world Daddy i am going to go and try to find out if Shaq bit him." With that Sam got up. But was stopped when a hand grabbed her.

"You didn't shatter my world. My world would be shattered if Kate had came in and told me you were dead." Tony said in a hoarse voice.

Sam smiled a little. "Daddy i'm sorry." Sam burst into more tears.

Tony pulled her closer and she came down on him sobbing. A nurse came in a few minutes later with a needle.

Gibbs and Kate intercepted her. "Give em a minute,." The nurse looked at the father and Daughter.

Gibbs turned to Kate. "Go down stairs and get the rape kit. Take it to Abby. We should have some of Ari's blood on hand." Kate nodded and went to the lobby. Gibbs turned back to the teenager laying over Tony's chest crying.

Gibbs walked in and locked eyes with Tony. The agent had tears in his own eyes. "Sammy. Do me a favor?" Sam pulled up and looked at her dad. "Go and eat something. If you throw it up it's ok. Just eat something. If nothing else drink some milk." Sam nodded and walked out of the room.

"So how bad do you wanna shoot Ari?"

Tony laughed a little. "I wanna kill the Bastard."

Gibbs nodded. "Rough morning."

Tony nodded. "Gibbs this ain't the first time that Sam has been threatened."

Gibbs looked at Tony curiously. "Oh?" Tony nodded.

FLASH BACK
BOSTON PD HOMICIDE DIVISION
MAR-20-1995

Tony was at his homicide desk talking with his partner about a case. Dick Harvey was a veteran homicide detective who took a liking to Anthony Dinozzo. Dick and Tony had drinks once or twice a week. Dick had went to Tony's apartment and met his 6 year old daughter Sam. If cases went to long Dick would call his wife Angela and she would go and relieve the baby sitter. The current case was taking it's toll on them. Dick finally had gotten a lead. And now they were writing out their 5's "Tony what are you and Sam doing tomorrow night?"

Tony looked across to him. "Not much. She's got a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon. Why?"

Dick just shrugged. "Angela wants me to go to this family dinner. She told me to invite you."

Tony smirked. "Let me guess there is single ladies there."

Dick laughed heartedly. "You know it. So what do you say?"

Tony shook his head. "Nah i'll pass. I'm not gonna audition step mothers for Sam in my bedroom while she sleeps."

Dick nodded. "Angela told me to tell you to bring Sam,. It's her parents. Angela and her were shopping and they ran into them."

Tony looked up and smiled. "The old Dinozzo charm seeped through huh?"

Dick nodded. "They wanna get to know her."

Tony nodded. "Let me ask her how she feels tomorrow."

Just then his phone rang. "Det Dinozzo." Tony was startled by the voice.

"Well detective Dinozzo. How's it going?"

The caller asked. Tony swallowed hard. "It's going. What do you want Gibson?" Tony was written on a piece of paper. "TRACE THIS CALL." To Dick,.

"I wanna know. What price would you pay for that precious child to be safe,"

Tony sat stark still. "How do you know my kid Gibson."

He heard soft laughter. "Cause she is sitting here next to me."

Tony nearly collapsed onto the desk when he heard that. "Put her on the phone." He told him in a deadly tone. He could tel the phone was being exchanged. "Daddy?"

Tony's heart broke. That was fear in his child's voice. "Sammy. Listen to me. Do whatever he tells you. Ok?"

He could hear her crying softly. "Ok. Daddy i'm scared."

Tony nodded. "I know Baby doll. Just do what he says." When he said that every bone in his body went rigid with Anger. "Put the man back on the phone honey." Dick was listening to the exchange while getting the cordinents. "Well Detective Dinozzo you ready to tell me the price you're willing to pay for her?"

Tony knew this was bait. "You know i will die for her." Tony told him in a matter of fact tone.

He could hear a chilly laugh. "Well let's just hope she is alive when you die." With that the phone went dead. Tony placed his phone on the cradle and looked to Dick.

"He's at the old amusement park on Treasure str."

Tony snatched his jacket off the back of his chair. "Let's go." Dick was right behind him,.

AMUSEMENT PARK

Dick parked the un marked car at the entrance and sent the uniforms around back. "Let's go." Tony held his gun up in front of him. He could hear Gibson talking.



"GIBSON?" He shouted. The park went dangerously quiet. "GIBSON WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE." Dick shouted out.

"Oh yeah. Well turn around." They turned around and all took sharp breaths.

"Well Detective Dinozzo. Looks like one of us will have to surrender." Gibson said in a menacing voice.

Tony looked at the guy holding his daughter at gun point. "Gibson. This is between you and me. Let her go." Tony was keeping his tone calm. But his insides were a wreck.

"Why. She's part of you." Gibson said with a smile.

"She didn't do nothing. Gibson let her go." Dick told him. Gibson just laughed.

Meanwhile Tony and Sam were looking at each other. "Alright Dinozzo. It's her and you."

Tony smiled. "Nah. It's either you go to jail or die. Choice is yours." Gibson shook his head and pointed his gun into Sam's side. But another gun shot came off first. Gibson dropped beside Sam.

Sam ran as fast as her little legs were take her to Tony. "DADDY."

Tony squatted and grabbed her. "It's ok. He ain't gonna hurt you,." Tony held onto his child for dear life.

END FLASH BACK

Gibbs shook his head. "She's got your talent for getting into rough patches." Tony nodded. But he had to give in to the emotions and started crying. "God Gibbs Ari could have killed her."

Gibbs nodded and grabbed a hold of Tony's hand. "But he didn't. But we gotten get him before he tried to get her again." Tony nodded. Gibbs knew that Tony was slowly losing his battle with the unshed tears. "Let it out Tony." Tony held tightly to Gibbs's hand. And let it all out.

OUTSIDE IN HALL

Kate watched the fondness between Gibbs and Tony. She now knew why Gibbs was so protective over Tony sometime. It wasn't about him being a team member. It was cause they were Lovers.

TBC